Bookish kid

>bookish kid
>wanted to be an author
>coasted by in high school with test scores and essays
>got into dream college
>majored in philosophy
>started with the greeks
>also got into psychedelic culture by way of Hunter S. Thompson and Aldous Huxley
>by senior year taking classes on The Phenomenology of Spirit and getting bibles of LSD mailed in from dead family in Cali
>after eating twenty-one hits one weekend, psyche cracks
>probably didn't help that I was reading Capitalism and Schizophrenia at the time
>decide I've discovered the cure to schizophrenia
>announce this to my philosophy grad student friend at a bar
>a schizophrenic 9/10 qt overhears
>tells me she's found the cure too and pulls out Flinstones vitamins
>take one with her and explain my theory
>she explains many theories of her own
>by the following morning I've caught the schizobug
>I can perceive in 4-dimensions for the first time in my life
>I realize Plato was right, all there is is gnosis and theoria and the schizophronetic vision of the forms themselves
>try to reconcile this reality with my own limited and finite life
>come to the conclusion that I must be manipulated by an evil demon à la Descartes
>try to escape the clutches of the demon
>end up in psych ward pumped full of drugs and permanently labeled schizophrenic

Where did I go wrong, Veeky Forums?

>where did I go wrong
When you began taking philosophy classes.

There is still time OP, read taoism

You got the message long ago, but never hung up the phone. Eventually your roaming charges got so out of control that Thorazine had to cancel your contract.

write your book now

I'm seeing your messages all over the board today. You write like someone you'd find in the comments section of a newspaper's website.

Not OP here. This all happened to me. Did you copypasta my old post?

Right around when you dropped 21 hits of acid. Pretty idiotic thing to do

Lol really?

well, you're either the spectacle or the audience

Looking forward to following your steps, OP! I enrolled in philosophy and I start my classes soon, and I'm also quite the psychonaut myself if you may, gonna buy some shrooms today in a few hours! :)
Yeah 21 is a little too much, it becomes a waste of money at that point

Thats what happens when you try to brute force insight. This isn't a game.

fpbp

>Where did I go wrong, Veeky Forums?
when you thought you actually knew anything

True, but if you brute force it and can handle the rough waters for a bit, you'll make it.

Ya. Flinstones vitamins and all. Happened years ago. Finishing my undergrad now.

Hows your psychosis now? You have a wrap over it?

Do you still explore as "fantasy"?

At Hegel

Whats the deal with flinstone vitamins

Get in touch with Scientology, they'll help you get away from these disgusting psychs

Had some issues at first. Doctors said it might be drug induced psychosis so I tried no meds and sobriety but kept having similar experiences with similar results. Ended up on a newer generation drugs with minimal side effects so that's nice.

Definitely still explore the memories. Not everything was pure fantasy, had some real insights as well. Been kicking around a memoir in my head, have written a lot in my journals. Part fact, part fiction. Some details are embarassingand altered.
Schizo-flirtation.

>Schizo-flirtation.
What?

She was schizo. Told me about her spiritual relationship and her encounters with ghosts. I think the flinstones medicine was like an ice-breaker / flirtation move because she was interested in my conversation.

Was she fat?

She was a cute skinny blonde. We didn't fuck tho. My buddy cockblocked me. We did stay up doing coke and drinking whiskey for several hours after the bar however.

Never stick yo dick in crazy bruh

>senior year taking classes on the phenomenonolgy of spirit
Lmao signs of going to a shit school
That’s a Junior-level course

only stick ya dick in crazy brah, if you gotta crazy dick ya gotta stick it in crazy na meen

>where did I go wrong?
The beginning. What kind of bookish person are you if you hadn't read HST or Huxley until after you started studying philosophy in college?

When you started taking acid, lol.

Nah, you're good. Name me one good writer who wasn't fucked in the head. I'll wait.

You should read Farina's book. I was going to give you a link but I can't find it :(

>go to bar
>order drinks
>$20
>try to pay in doubloons
>bartender says thats not good
>yell shit and walk away
what gives?

So what was your cure for schizophrenia?

This is good extension of the original analogy. Well done.

How does one get into psychedelic culture outside of going to to raves?