So guys I'm in trouble, the other day I met some roastie who's really into Dostoevsky...

So guys I'm in trouble, the other day I met some roastie who's really into Dostoevsky. Being the idiot I am (also someone who hasnt read a book in more than a year)tried to impress her a couple of hours ago by saying "hey the other day I saw a copy of Crime and Punishment in the store, thought about you and got it". That made her happy but it is total bullshit.

What do Veeky Forums do I block her from everything or should I buy the book and read it??? Third is option is to claim that my dog ate it.

just buy it you idiot how bad can it be?

It is giving me a shit ton of anxiety for some reason. I'm about to delete her from all the social media.

Just buy the fucking book. You dont have to read it all. Just read it a little. Its a decent book anyway.

>Just read it a little.
Fuck that. Dive into it. Go full blast and develop a perspective based on what you read. No true Dostoevsky broad is going to respect a milquetoast half-tard.

We're trying to convince him to read the book, not impress the roasti. Now he wont even read any of it.

Forget her. Get the book anyway tho

Buy and read it also never make that same mistake again. Be honest about yourself to avoid this shit happening again. Since you lied it'll be always in the back of your mind.

You already posted this.

I'd say the end justifies the means, if it takes dangling some pussy in front of you to read the classics then that's alright.

>Fuck that. Dive into it.

Hello everyone, I don't usually post on this board but I heard about it from a friend and I think there's a chance you might be able to help me.

Recently I met this guy - haha, OK, isn't that how every story starts? Well, we got on pretty well, and shared a fair bit of personal stuff. One of the things I told him was I really like Dostoevsky. I could tell he was a bit worried because he doesn't read much and feels a bit self-conscious about it.
Anyway, just a while back he told me he bought a copy of Crime and Punishment because he remembered me mentioning it. Here's the thing - I'm pretty sure he's lying, but I really don't mind - I think it's sweet of him to want to impress me. But if I call him out on it, he's bound to double down (he's very defensive) and we won't get anywhere. I can feel he's almost on the verge of backing off entirely as it is, which would be an awful shame.

Can you offer any advice how to handle this? I don't want to start a relationship with dishonesty right off the bat and I really don't care if he reads classic literature or not. I am certain that under the crippling self-loathing and chronic addiction to late-night anime-fuelled masturbation sessions, there is the making of a fine man - I just don't know how to help him.
Thanks in advance...

>be roastie
>read Dostoevsky

pick one

Lmao talking about a woman you are desperately trying to impress a "roastie".
Either you like her and you should try to impress her like any human being you value the opinion of, or you despise her and you shouldn't.

*as a "roastie"

Just buy it and read it. By the time Raskolnikov swings that hatchet, you'll be balls-deep in that ratchet.

This op

Just read it you dumb fucking faggot

holy fuck

prob just give up now OP books are so hard to read

what the-

>roastie
Fuck off
>(also someone who hasnt read a book in more than a year)
FUCK off