Tfw a cold dark wintrous night here at the ancient and academically insurpassable University of Oxford

>tfw a cold dark wintrous night here at the ancient and academically insurpassable University of Oxford
>tfw walking around alone wearing my long black overcoat which lends my character a sense of mystery and subtly eroticism
>tfw only a few fellow students walking around hurriedly towards their respective colleges
>tfw found myself humming the opening credits to Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone just now and laughed aloud when I realized what I was doing
>tfw passing Radcliffe Camera and being reminded why so many Great Minds gravitate towards (the University of) Oxford and always have / always will
>tfw instantly become reminded that I too am expected to maintain the proud, noble, ancient, world-famous legacy that these Great Minds represent
>tfw breathe slowly and try to calm myself down and fend off the intense neuroticism and paranoia I am prone to due to my immense intelligence
>tfw just passed a homeless man in a sleeping bag rocking back and forth and simply repeating "God bless have a good night"
>tfw felt no guilt about walking past him without helping his situation due to my having transcended my own humble (poor) origins and established myself in the Elite, genetically profound British Upper Class

To bed now, but come the morrow I will again be faced with the intellectual trials and tribulations which are such a necessary aspect of life here at the University of Oxford. I am currently reading a biography of Philip Larkin, who also attended this fine university (naturally) and I must say that his own experience (and profound intellectual struggles at the time) remind me of my experience a great deal. Very reassuring I must say.

nice LARPing

>tfw I saw a romantic couple laughing and drunkenly supporting one another as they left one of the many Leaking Cauldron-esque inns of Oxford and made their way home down the ancient, traditional cobbled streets towards their aesthetically awe-inspiring, architecturally mind-blowing college quads where they are very likely to be kissing, snogging, hugging or indeed engaging in acts of physical inter-penetration as I write this and as I trudge home anxious that my shoes (well-heeled, smart and also freshly blackened) are creating too much of a noise on the ancient flagstones or that the students I pass fear that I am some kind of wretched working-class (poor) Ripper-type who is lurking around most sinisterly in order to carry out deeds most foul upon the Elite, handsome, genetically top-tier, academically astonishing student body.

I don't know if I like or hate these threads
I don't get why you suck your uni's dick so much, all those great minds failed to guide mankind into something good, their gifted inteligence doesnt have any value beyond tasteless romaticism. I'm not saying being in oxford isn't cool, I guess, is just that if the feels you expose in these threads are not ironic you are shallow insecure faggot.

I hope someone finds you and kicks your ass tbH

>tfw got accepted to oxford but couldn't go because too poor and had to go to your own country's shithouse university instead
Feels real bad man

It is this very proclivity for violence which I seek at all opportunities to disassociate myself with, and is an impulse that I recognize (having been born among the peasants, so to speak) but disavow completely in my person except in the hypothetical situation wherein I would be encouraged to express my violence in a calculated large-scale manner upon a foreign nation in order to gain new territory for the British Empire. In any other context it is simply the mark of the lower class brute.

I imagine many of Veeky Forums's posters are confronted with a similar dilemma; their appreciation for high culture, intellectual entertainment and vicarious enjoyment on the one hand contending with their resentment, their limited attention spans and jealousy on the other. Such is life I suppose. I mean we can't all of us attend the prestigious University of Oxford.

lol I thought there couldnt' be anything more pathetic than the Pakistanis that prance upon the rubble of an empire. There is in fact a subject more worthy of pity. It's the low born arrogance of a pleb, who dreams himself a class contender. Now that you've risen above your status, you condescend to your equals, while you fashion yourself to the whims of an inbred ignoble. How's it feel to be a king without the blood?

If you were as cool as you think you are you wouldn't be here in the first place

The fact that the blood in my veins has not been vigorously pumped through the veins of other Great Minds who I may have called kin is of some concern to me, and since coming to the University of Oxford one of the principles that will dictate my life until my death is that I will never consider breeding with a young woman who is not suitably Elite and genetically profound, in other words a young woman whose parents and ancestors have not also attended Oxbridge, the various Elite private schools across Britain, and who have not also displayed their immense genetic potential by pursuing highly respectable and well-paying careers. If I do not meet such a young woman I will for the sake of my beliefs allow no other woman of more humble origins to bear my children. The fact is that there is a reason why the upper class generally only breed with one another, and it is largely due to the fact that they acknowledge (despite refusing to explicitly express is) that genetics matter, and IQ heredity matters, and that breeding with the right sort of people ultimately matters. The young ladies with which I am recently acquainted would never, for example, consider dating let alone breeding with some "average", middle-of-the-road, Joe Bloggs who lacks the genetic make-up necessary to become a Great Mind. Fortunately for myself I am perfectly capable of imitating the mannerisms and so forth of the upper class, meaning I am usually perceived as someone from among their own ranks, so to speak.

lol whatever kid, I'm American, and I don't care about that kind of shit. I'd worry more about what's beneath all those appearances, so you got the real deal and not just the veneer.

fuck off dolt

isn't this sort of the plot of that movie where will smith fucks multiple white men?

You'll never be as good as 100-post-user, or, as I call him, Pessoa-chan, but, still, these threads are a welcome diversion from the intellectually and academically inferior paths a genetically inferior peon like myself walks along in his life.

is it genetics? or is it Maybelline?

>100-post-user
Who is this?

I don't watch "movie"s I'm afraid. I watch Film.

how new?

came here from /pol/ pretty recently desu

>tfw it's cold outside so i have to piss in my sink
>tfw my room is now a bedroom, office, art studio, concert hall, kitchen, and bathroom
>tfw savouring the thriving intellectual culture that lurks somewhere above the dreaming spires
>tfw psychoanalysing everyone i meet leads me to diagnosing them with personality disorders
>tfw drowning in anxiety and smoking weed every night to dissociate myself because honestly this way of living is quite boring
>tfw 16 hours of problems each week
>i don't go to lectures
>adhd
>(diagnosed)
>tfw i don't see the value of completing rote money-work every week to the detriment of the depth of my knowledge
>tfw

I always enjoy an Oxfordposter thread.

Just got into Oxford to study English Language and Literature and the essay I submitted was on Nick "AI-bsolute Madman" Land. I mentioned Houellebecq, Larkin and Ballard in my personal statement. AMA

Been waiting for these threads.

I appreciate the rooted insecurities of appearance and class in your character's posts. I would suggest stripping it down slightly - a subtle glance at his subconscious fears.

>I appreciate the [insert] and [whatever] in your character's posts.
This is how I'm going to respond to all anons now.

>academically insurpassable
>Tfw when you forgot Harvard University exists.

Neck yourself. Your university has a 23% acceptance rate.

Lmao

That's almost double what it really should be considered since the rules prevent you applying to both Oxford and Cambridge as an undergrad

oh my fucking god

You should unironically read some Marxist literature to get over this deep class anxiety of yours. It oozes through your posts, the desperate need to validate your bourgeois pretensions with high culture and british conservatism. I don't think this is healthy for you, ultimately. Sooner or later you will have to descend from Oxford into the mundane drudgery of ordinary existence and you should make your peace with it.

Rote-exercises work your memory you ignorant dolt. In moderation, it's good and supplements creativity. However, if it's the only thing you're doing, you're probably stifling your creativity by virtue of not doing anything creative, which would be bad.

Stop buying into the rote exercises are bad meme. I love you.

I like these threads, always a good way to check if my english is on point.

>Oxford

>tfw you weren't born in Britain and could attend Oxbridge

>tfw a profoundly cold morning here at the University of Oxford with air cold and crisp upon inhalation
>tfw woke several times during the night and experienced several distinct dreams, one of which included my former hopefully-soon-to-be Elite, privately educated (~£36,000 a year fees plus relatively minor additional costs) girlfriend though she didn't play a starring role
>tfw woke up this morning with just the right intensity of dawn light infiltrating the thick curtains of my room
>tfw sat up and swung my legs around to sit on the edge of my bed and saw my reflection in the mirror which looked most Harry Potter-like as though I had awoken in Gryffindor tower itself with my hair aesthetically disheveled and my stomach not paunching the way it often does and instead betraying several ribs suggestive of a fine physique
>tfw was certain that were I girl and had awaked behind me at that moment I would have first felt the masochistic excitement of finding myself nude and vulnerable behind my love (me) but then glanced upon him sitting there and wrapped my arms around his neck while ruffling his (my) hair
>tfw just got to the university proper and am currently sat with leg bent and shin resting upon opposing knee while many a student walk past giggling, making noise and discussing obscure but intellectually profound subjects
>tfw mother sent me some uplifting but grammatically appalling text message wishing me a good day and I became instantly depressed at the thought of my hometown and the hundreds of thousands of humble (poor) people trudging to perform manual labour or to rot away in some obscure, unpleasant office unit

Well as one day ends so another begins here at the University of Oxford. I have a meeting just now with a very influential and renowned professor who has published several books already and is currently writing another one (something he and I have discussed as though we were intellectual equals or dare I say friends). I imagine I'll spend some time in the library today finishing off the Larkin biography and perhaps reading Jill if I can find a copy.

What are your plans for the day Veeky Forums, literary and otherwise?

what the FUCK

LMAO

THIS IS THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS UNIVERSITY IN THE WORLD?

15 more minutes of time on math for roasties?

LMAOOOOOOOOO

is this real?

lel post more this is gold

they take international students. it's not your nationality that's keeping you out

I would unironically marry her and look after her my entire life if she let me.

I love you Oxfordposter, but I think you're overdoing the Harry Potter references lately.

Of course not you brainlets. They gave all candidates 15 more minutes, though they were trying to reduce gender disparity by doing so.

What is it like to lack the epistemics to distinguish trolls and clickbait? The world must seem insane to you morons.

I thought fanfic wasnt allowed on Veeky Forums

I know, I'm more lamenting that it wouldn't feel 'natural' to attend Oxford as an international student in the same way as if you were British

>tfw I had a minor (though relative to most, major) psychological breakdown this afternoon and decided to reach out for professional help
>tfw I explained my intense anxieties and life-changing, non-trivial, very rare mental and intellectual turmoil to the older student who was assigned to guide me should I need their support at any point
>tfw they told me about the Class Act campaign (@ClassActOx) which helps students who have battled and struggled to escape and indeed transcend their humble (poor, uncultured, orc-like) childhood environments and have found themselves at the illustrious University of Oxford
>tfw afraid my email was too long or worrying and that they'll have me sanctioned or put on leave because they are scared of bad PR if I commit suicide
>tfw have no intention to do that but I'm aware that the keenest minds, the most gifted seers, the broadest intellects etc are typically those who fail most tragically to weather the storm of profound thought and shoulder the weight of the existential burden

Currently eating "Pot and Noodle" in my ancient college dormitory, the steam rising in a most coiling manner from the very hot water in which the noodles are becoming most soft and scentful. I simply can't bear to revise, or to read, or to do anything this afternoon but keep the curtains shut and wait for my rare, exclusive, mark-of-a-genius melancholy to give way to the scorching flame of heightened intellect and relentless ambition.

Please direct at least one of your thoughts, however trivial (and trivial they must be, I dare say) to my plight. I shall be grateful for any secular prayers you are willing to make in my name.

What's your plan for getting back together with your ex who left you for the Jewish guy?

>Leaking cauldron-esque
Woof my dog could write better

My fair maiden, while not dead to me, is entombed in my psyche in her pure, unspoiled state. She is my Ophelia lying at rest beneath the waters of my consciousness. Her image, in my mind, cannot be sullied nor tarnished by loathsome reality because I refuse to allow it. I am forced to accept that I must go on to find another girl, perhaps girls (plural) and love them, penetrate them and do all those things with them that I so longed to do with my beloved. But I will always hold on to the innocent image with which she furnished my dark and melancholy mind. Her imagined image will always provide the pure light with which, in darker days, I will use to find my through the shadows (much like Frodo and Samwise do with the bottle of Elvish light in LOTR 3). I have, to explain things in more proletarian parlance, "moved on".

>tfw got into best uni in my slav shithole by sending in a 600 word analays of lil pump - lil pump claiming it was "post-modern neo-traditionalist musical dialectical accelerationism"
>tfw barely top 300 and i should probably kill myself soon

What do you think about UCL, ever been?

Do you enjoy the Cambridge rivalry?

I have never visited UCL nor do I imagine I shall ever have reason to do so. The fact that it is based in London suggests to me (and my instincts on such matters, and my instincts in general, are generally very reliable) that the student body is comprised overwhelmingly of those who are so beyond redemption that they see no fault with the current state of London which, despite being a city I have not visited since mid-two-thousand-and-seventeen, is a city which to my mind represents the total fall of Western culture and the chivalric, Folk-centric traditions it once held in such high esteem. Are you a student of that institution? If so I offer you both my pity and suspicion.

As for the Cambridge rivalry, now there's a question (and an understatement to say the least!). My God even hearing the name causes me to fly into such a rage that I become red-faced and feel like stomping around and grabbing passers by to demand that they shew me their University of Oxford student identity cards, if only to make sure there is not "one of them" in my immediate surroundings. I jolly well look forward to the next inter-university competitive event where let me assure you I will be cheering most vociferously for my own university (the University of Oxford) and will celebrate every humiliation we are able to inflict on our foes. Are you a member of THAT institution!?!? If so my dear fellow let me invite you right this very moment to pistols at dawn! A challenge you say? Nay sir, an invitation to be defeated more like! On guard!

where's your girlfriend from op?

One day I will collect these posts into a book and sell it.

lel

She is not my girlfriend I'm afraid, merely my previously hopefully-soon-to-be Elite, upper class girlfriend. She is from Derbyshire, and even somewhat resembles Keira Knightley in the film adaptation of Pride and Prejudice, which is set in that region.