Let's Discuss Gass' literary theory

okay, you start.

So for you've given us nothing to discuss. Typically if you want a discussion to get going you say something specific about what you want to discuss or ask a general question.

Braaaaaaaaaap

Is plot less important than form?

Form should mirror content. I agree.

Pretty genius of him to have invented that.

Yes, plot is less important than form. What makes a good story is not what is told, but how it's told. Otherwise mystery novels would be the most celebrated novels in the world.

The ideal Gass law, also called the general Gass equation, is the equation of state of a hypothetical ideal Gass. It is a good approximation of the behavior of many Gasses under many conditions, although it has several limitations.

The ideal Gass law is often written as

PV=nRT

where:

P is the pressure of the Gass,
V is the volume of the Gass,
n is the amount of substance of Gass (in moles),
R is the ideal, or universal, Gass constant
T is the absolute temperature of the Gass.

The equation of state given here applies only to an ideal Gass, or as an approximation to a real Gass that behaves sufficiently like an ideal Gass.

I ask a decent question like that and you give me that shit? Try harder, can't stand cunts like you

So you disagree with Gass' literary theory, that plot is less important than form?

plot is form.

Gimme more depth. Jesus Christ how am i supposed to make an opinion if you don't give a convincing argument?

>Jesus Christ how am i supposed to make an opinion if you don't give a convincing argument?
Well if you weren't a brainlet, you wouldn't need a convincing argument from a third party to form your initial opinion.

Start with the Timaeus. I'm sorry you're too brainlet. I bet you can't stand Henry James too lmao

kek

Rude, i'm just tryna have a conversationn

Form is plot

He takes a clear note from Rilke's view of poetics. The artist should always strive for aesthetic beauty when making work that touches upon a very grave societal concern; as the most abhorrent atrocities and moral failings can really only be expressed through high art, or comedy, for those expressions to remain satiable for thought.
I admire Gass in that he undertook in his fiction an attempt to understand the mechanisms responsible for what makes a human being become a white hot ball of spite and hatred; thereby giving us a chance to delve into it, to crawl into every sordid pathway in Kohler's brain, to acknowledge it, and try to better ourselves individually by acknowledging it, and to, hopefully one day, forget the brutality and forgo all the variables that lead to a life like Kohler's.

His prose is also hugely influenced by musical structure... this is where you get a lot of his repetition of phrases, chopping up of syntax, and his heavy use of secondary clauses held independent by semi-colons--they can stand on their own as phrases, sure, yeah, but imbued are the whispers of what came previous, like a mass movement, an orchestral piece.

He ain't for everyone though.

plot is form => plot=form => form=plot => form is plot
QED

morf is lopt

I agree. His fiction is incredibly profound boomer morality. His literary theory went exactly as far as Flaubert's first novel.

I know of no higher praise.

Shit