Which book is your favourite in the series?

Which book is your favourite in the series?

goblet

Just finished that one, must say it's far better than the film made it out to be.

They all blend together to me. I can't remember. I know they became less fun to read around 5 and 6 and got a little better towards the end, but the suspense was what carried it to the end, not how enjoyable they were.

probably three or four were the best

Dianetics

top kek

Order of the Phoenix

It's the first book to really dive into the lore, and is a perfect balance between comfy and dark, introduces Luna Lovegood and the climax in the Dep of Mysteries is the best in the series

agree. i like half-blood prince too for most of the same reasons but i think it is just a little bit than phoenix in all of them. deathly hallows takes the lore too far to be interesting, it was always better to see how harry learned about the lore

the first one
first one was fun and light hearted. it went downhill from there, then picked up slowly towards the end.

the last one is the runner up
it clearly was the book rowling wanted to write, but to make her series marketable she painted it with kid-friendly colours. the story is literally "wizard hitler comes back from the grave and the muggle-jew sympathizer kid who accidentally wizard Hitler's magic lasers back at him has to save the day". it sounds fuckin rad, but the series spent so fuckin long farting around and '''developing''' characters as interesting as a clammy dick and brushing off characters who were way more fun to read about, all the while not grabbing onto these wacky weirdo themes and making something of them. as it stands it has this "wow wizards and stuff pachoo pow wow oh no some magic is bad pachoo look magic solved it wow also he kissed a girl oh no being a high schooler is tough even with magic also there are secret nazi wizards shh shh secret secret themes for adults secrets they the bad guys but secret sneaky themes for history students shh sneaky shh"

Same, the final part at the ministry of magic felt really dark and mysterious.

I didn't like that one, the end was good but it was way too long and meandering for most of it.

I hate the whole fucking thing.

Philosopher's Stone

This one is great too, the encounter between Harry and Luna at the end of the book is so sweet. I always thought they would have made a far better couple, it seems like they could really understand each other both having lost parents, and also Luna is the type who wouldn't care at all about Harry's fame, in contrast to Ginny who was obsessed with him to the point where she couldn't even talk around him for the first 2 books. Not to mention Luna was a pure waifu while Ginny had already been BLACKED by Michael corner and Dean thomas.

I never read them

Seconded.

Prince Caspian

Maps Of Meaning

The archway of death was great, the movie butchered it though, was nothing like I imagined it. I think it's probably one of the top 4 moments in the series, along with the revival of Voldemort in the graveyard in book 4, the Dumbledore and Harry lake scene in book 6 along with the death and resurrection of Harry and the final showdown in book 7. Honorable mentions go to chamber of secrets sequence and time turner.

larry and the poledancer of aberdeen

CHAMBER OF SECRETS is obviously the best.

Lacan's seminars

Need 6 and 7 to complete the Bloomsbury collection. Where can I find decent copies?

Bonnie Wright, who played Ginny, is now getting KIKED by her husband Simon Hammerstein.

The fucking state of "Great" Britain.

The Prisoner of Azkaban.

Haven't been to Veeky Forums in 2 years. Is the harry potter pasta still popular here? Back when I lurked Veeky Forums it was usually the 8th or 9th post.

Fuck off normie.

It's underrated for sure.

I never thought she was particularly attractive, and Jewish intermarriage is by no means a recent thing. Pretty much all the young actors sucked in the HP films, the only worthwhile ones are the first 2 for the atmosphere

My favourite? Well by gosh I simply couldn't say! I remember my first year at Hogwarts and being confronted with the Harry Potter tome. Ah yes what days they were. Sitting in the library on cold rainy days with the wind surging against the leaded windows and my candle flicking this way and that, reading all about Harry and his adventures with his great friends Ron and Hermione. I'm friends with Rose Granger-Weasley, she and I volunteer to help tutor the first years who fall behind. A lovely girl, very intelligent but with her father's wicked sense of humour! I must say that the first book in the series is still dearest to my heart, if only for the fact that Harry's journey to Hogwarts and his utter happiness at finding a place here in the magic world is so reminiscent of my own journey here (though I was raised by magical parents) that every time I read through it, usually during the Christmas holidays, I am reminded once more how fortunate I and my peers are to be living, studying and working here at Hogwarts.

4. I liked the sports tournament aspect and qt asian Ravenclaw girl.

Halfblood Prince is my favorite, because of all the actual magic lessons that get focussed on. Slughorn is cool and the Voldemort flashbacks are interesting