Tell me why you want to be a writer

Tell me why you want to be a writer

to get easy bussy ofc

I’m terrified of actual work and desperate for attention

The only real answer

i can't help it, i get twitchy when i haven't written in a while

Because. And I have no need or desire to justify myself.

For the wrong reasons: fame, love, adoration, and leaving something behind when I'm gone.

I want to create instead of consume.

I can't separate myself from fiction and reality, and I know that writing a book is probably the most healthy way for me to finally get these stories out of my head while also making bank.

I understand fundamental truths of reality like Trinity, Logos, Yin and Yang, Dualism, RTA etc.

I just practice my prose and my vocabulary until I'm comfortable enough to show my work academically.

i cant make a child

Adopt me instead

>Getting paid enough by writing to survive

Ha

>Wrong reasons

There are wrong reasons to start a relationship with someone.

There are wrong reasons to go to war.

There is never a wrong reason to do be artistic. So what if you're doing it for the fame or lover, just create, man.

>create art to spread propaganda

Fuck yeah, my dude, some of my favorite posters are propaganda

i don't find my comfy finance job meaningful

Plebian taste

>art
>bullshit made to get popular

pick one, and only one

Whatever dude, art is a product, not an intention.

Because I want to create something. I want to imagine a scene, and then create a tangible version of it. I can't draw for shit, but hey I can't write for shit either so I guess I'm stuck being sad and unable to create anything.

Creation is overrated; Destruction is where its at.

I like the craft of writing, and the idea of creating is so enticing to me that I now can only see the life of a consumer as a nightmarish, purposeless existence.
I also just love the idea of telling stories that could deeply affect people, and just creating characters and imagining what they go through and how they interact with things that occur around them is fun as well.

>that haunting feeling that everything you create will go entirely unnoticed or may even be ridiculed despite your greatest efforts

My country's literature is shit. If someone is going to add more shit to it, it's me.

If you live in a country of less than 10 million, then the competition isn't exactly comparable. I can number my country's "great" author s on both hands; would only call 3 of them ingenius writers. Now more than ever with all this global cultural decadence

I don't want to be a writer. I want to write.

I want to translate my pain, shortcomings, incoherences and testimony of this terrible world to help others structure their experience of reality. I want to heal the mind.

I would do anything to leave a trace in history

I was constantly constructing situations, characters, setting in my head as long as I can remember. I can't even help it, my brain starts doing this every time it becomes idle. So I decided to write down some of my ideas, perhaps they will prove to be worthwhile.

New Zealand?

This. I have an opportunity to be one of the greats. But not really.

To masturbate laboriously instead of being a 9 to 5 drone.

Amen brother

i can't do anything else and feel happy.

So that one day Veeky Forums can entertain itself by suggesting I kill myself.

I want to save the world.

Kinda sorta.

I convince myself that the situations I plunge my characters into,and the revelations that blossom from their resolutions,might somehow change the viewpoint of my readers,as if the funhouse mirror I hold up to life reflects a distorted but relevant truth. Even as I,the Creator,come to startling ideas walking my creations through a scene along with them. It surprises,and awes,and makes me regard the continuation of their story akin to a sacred trust. It may well be.

Because I want some Literature teacher to someday be forced to say "And looking into user's past, we can see how his years spent on the website "Veeky Forums" came to influence his later great works..."

lots of premature satisfaction comes from imaginings like this. a lifetime record of facebook messages, Veeky Forums posts and google searches are all gonna be a real treat for future literary critics, historians and biographers.

I want to leave a legacy desu. Writing and having a literary lifestyle is comfy, stress free and is extremely rewarding in that your time spent reading and writing is also a time of self discovery and learning.

to get money
to get bafta
to get oscar
to say fuck you in my acceptance speech to frazer ye ginger scotts cunt i'm makin milli on milli where u jus livin in your fuckin den of irn bru u ugly cunt lmao go fuck your daddy

It's what I do.

>while many speculated that "book #4" was conceived by user's clear interest in the philosophy of want, it has been confirmed by the man himself that he was listening to garbage anime ost and thinking about robots

so i don't have to leave the house.
it will never happen since i don't understand anything about the world.
plus i don't actually write anything.

I want to be a screenwriter/comedian

I feel like I should be sharing the shit I'm thinking with other people but I don't anyone actually cares. It's like telling people about your dreams.

to paraphrase Orson Welles, "it's the best set of toy trains a boy can own."

I don't, but it seems to be happening anyway.

If I'm being honest, it's because writing was the thing I was praised for as a child and teenager, and I want to recover that sense of being approved by an authority.

However, I'm deeply ashamed of my desire for love and approval, and repress them by actively seeking disapproval and hate. As a result, I also want to write in order to be disapproved of and hated by a greater number of people

I think a lot of people here are in exactly the same position, which is why I'm surprised that nothing like this has been mentioned so far in this thread

Nah, it's even worse than that: My books are going to be adapted into movies. I'm going to be Hollywood's next hot shit: red carpet evenings, late night shows, sleeping with young actresses and insta models who are desperate for a role... then I'll make cameos in movies and tv shows, and with the contact I'll have I will even record one or two patrician taste album... In 100 years, I'll be looked upon as one of the most influental artist of my generation.

Wishful thinking. I can count myself happy if I keep an office job and finish even one novel.

Fame and love is setting myself up for failure as I'm chasing something that can't be reached.

I'm dying inside of myself, I have to get out.

I have a lot to say about society and the human condition and all that stuff. Also, verbal communication is really difficult for me because I have actual autism. Also,

Are you me? This is the only reason I even bother to write anymore.

I want Hank Moody's life

I want to write down my thoughts and ideas so I can remember them and later refine them
things change their appearance when I write them down, even more when I imagine somebody reading them

I had a handful of ideas I became addicted to and can't stand the possibility of not bringing them into the world in some form.

:(

I'm not cut out for wageslavery, and "making it" writing is the only golden ticket I fantasize about myself getting. More than likely I'll just wind up another messy suicide with a few pages of rants I forgot to burn since I've been self-destructing for over a decade and have gotten nothing out of it.

I have a condition which makes it extremely unlikely that I’ll live past my early 30s. If I can write something that people read after I’m gone, that would be nice.

Just because

storytelling is the only thing that really interests me

cos i wanna die hungry

check your int stat senpai you might be tryn spells you can't do

are you op cos you're a faggot

i dont, just want to be a voracious reader and fuckkkkk

I'm probably repeating much of what has already been said but I'll indulge myself anyway.

The primary reason is that I eventually meet a moral crossroads at some point with every job I've ever had. I can only handle so much of a 9-5 and waking every day to the feeling that I'm not really doing anything.
On top of that I can't bring myself to give a shit about any job I have or the company that it's with. Being invested in some role at a company is completely beyond me. (I'm aware that working for a publisher would not be any different)

Writing is something I do, and the only recreational thing I do other than read, that I would do regardless of whether or not I was being paid. Something that I feel like I can improve and hone, and that makes me feel as though I am doing a service to myself and the many great people over the past thousands of years that would want me to indulge in such things.

Having a long-lasting affect on the youth would be a nice ulterior as well, but that's beyond my reach.

I'm not gonna proof read this so I'll assume it looks like incoherent ego-garbage. cheers

>>that haunting feeling that everything you create will go entirely unnoticed or may even be ridiculed despite your greatest effort
yup

Glory

Which is it?

Source on that quote? Interested to hear that explained because I have no idea how writing is like a set of toy trains.

i just want to make something beautiful, fun and meaningful for the world. to add to the human experience. if i could be a painter, sculptor, or any other kind of artist or creator i would've been but i only have anything vaguely resembling talent in writing

I don't really want to but I want to have written at least one novel throughout my lifetime.

It's something I can do by myself that brings me joy even when I don't share the fruits of my effort with anybody.

I don't want to be a writer... I write (whenever I do) because it makes me feel good

I feel like I have something to say/inside me that wants to get out. It's a shame I am too lazy to do so.

I feel like I have actual stuff to say and people would actually want to read.

If I do not become a writer, it'll be a ting for myself, family, and friends

Spirits have selected me as the conduit of their song. Who am I to pass up their choice?

This. I do it so it doesn't take over my real life. It gives me the chance to look at something that antagonises me. I get to see things from multiple views in order for me to bracket it or even overcome it. It's basically Jungian Red Book and self inserts most of the time, but other times I just think about some passive income, or money enough to go backpacking somewhere again.

Would be sweet to find a way to not just write and travel but also to write what you like in the time you need and be where you want for the duration.

I think you're oversimplifying through the reversal. Actively seeking disapproval and hate is not going to be from a book that gets published, so maybe you're seeking approval in your writing, which is an act of communicating, while targeting groups that your not communicating with in your work. I really don't think you're treating you desires fairly, but are using the backlash against you as a way of showing that you're not oblivious, that everybody that supposedly can see through you is right. But they're probably not entirely right, and some of your disapproval and hate is probably warranted.

Don't allow for these simplistic black and white views which allow people to easily categorise you. Be brave enough to be complex, and don't give up your anger and resentment because you're ashamed, and don't write just to be disapproved of and hated by people you can't be vulnerable with for once.

This type of thing happens in sexual relationships a lot with people who are bad at expressing their need for masochism/sadism or even some fetish. The person usually says or does shit that indirectly attempts to get them what they want without being vulnerable with the other person, but most times ends up being so needy and angry the other person just doesn't reciprocate.

Sort of like rejection letters except after you've already published the book and are making royalty's.

To leave my mark on the world, I want my spirit to survive.

I love to write, I wrote my first stories when I was a small child and wrote as just a hobby for many of my teen years. Picked up writing again in my early-mid 20s, wrote my first novel in my mid-20s, now I've self-published nearly a dozen works and ghostwrite books regularly as well as write custom erotica based on people's fetishes/kinks. I'm averaging something like $80-100 a month, more or less. Most profitable month was over $130. I've been told by perfect strangers that I have a natural talent, and getting compliments from strangers makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside because I know they have no underlying reason to 'just be nice' or to 'give pretty lies rather than the ugly truth'.

>literally me
imma asperg too

man this board is such an echo chamber sometimes it really disturbs me

like is everyone here really a 20-something white dude from a middle-class family

>20-something
Prime of life, perfect time to build the foundation of a good future

>White dude
Fuck yeah, no race is more hated today than whites but it still rocks to be a member of it. Such amazing history, the producer of the world's best technology, overall I feel pretty lucky to be white.

>Middle-class family
Mother is an alcoholic feminist cunt who may or may not still be alive, I honestly don't know. Father is living in a small house on a meager retirement lucky to even be walking due to a life of hard physical labour. I've been homeless on two occasions, presently on welfare and literally today I'll be starting a program to help me get back to work in this new city I'm in. I don't think it'll be much help but hey, I'll do my best, and it'll get me some Government money in the meantime. By summer, if the trend continues, my writing should be earning me over $200 a month. Literally my goal is roughly $13,000 a year which is less than full-time minimum wage. I can live pretty comfortably on that with my modest lifestyle. So in theory by summer I'll be nearly 25% to the point of reaching my goal. I very well might actually have that goal reached by this time this year. I don't care if I never reach middle-class, but the fact of the matter is there is a distinct possibility that someday my writings could boost me up to the 1%, making over $250,000 or so per year, which is over $10,000 a month. In such a case, a lot of that money will be donated.

>no race is more hated today than whites
>the fact of the matter is my writing could make me rich
>fuck my mom and dad for having issues and beliefs

i guess i should be numb to it after all these years but it still baffles me that you Veeky Forumsbois think this way and manage to hold onto these lofty aspirations of great writing. though at least you can admit you're doing it for the money and the lifestyle.

It's fun
My biggest hope for my writing right now is that at least person enjoys reading it

I write because I cannot articulate things that I want to express very well. It's an exception if you're a painter or an auteur filmmaker,
and when I write I discover more new things, it's like how mathematician that write their formula, conjecture, their mathematical problems down, so they can integrate whatever mathematical technique that they have to, that resulting in a new solution/information

more systematical approach on a novel problem

>20s something
ye
>white
im south east asian
>middle-class
ye

The greatest high I have ever achieved is eliciting emotion in a reader.

When I post something on Veeky Forums and I get all those (you)'s rolling in, it's like I've just done a hardball.

I write because I want people to tell me what they thought of what I wrote.

iktf, almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter

I wanted to have grandiose adventures in my childhood but since life’s a bitch I can only write out my fantasy rather than live them

>leave a trace in history
>want my spirit to survive
If you die I doubt you would care about it.

20-something, white if you count slavs towards white, the family is barely above poverty.

my main man right here

Because grad school reminded me I used to write and enjoy it

I Like to get lost in The swirl and the draw of my Imagination interacting with language

Veeky Forums #EXPOSED

In a capitalist society, it's expected to find ways to monetize your skills. It's a great thing to volunteer, but it's smart to make a living by doing what you love. Also, it's a fact that whites are the most hated people on the planet, both from without and within, even though we've done more to create the world a safer and more comfortable place to live in than any other.

>Writing isn't actual work
Maybe when you do eeet.

>We.
>Is a neet virgin Yiannopoulos reader bigot.
>Hasn't done anything meaningful in his whole life.
>We.
>He doesn't possess any of the qualities of the aforementioned "Whites".
>Has fell into the White Failed Male Victim SJW meme.
>We.
>We.
You actually don't fall into the idealised "White Potent Male" cathegory you deify. You actually did nothing to make the world "a better place to live in". You're actually a parasite. Eugenics should start by killing your kind.