Where was the fascism?

So I guess any society that doesn't have universal suffrage is considered fascist now.
I enjoyed the book but can anyone recommend some actual fascist fiction (sci-fi or otherwise)

W40K

i'm glad somebody got it
when people say this book depicts a fascist society, i just assume they didn't really read it

>you can't vote if you don't become a soldier
>where is da fashism?

Very few countries had universal suffrage including both women and ethnic minorities before fascism anyway. Was NZ the first?
But in Athenian democracy, the original democracy, women can't vote or fight, and slavery is practiced.

I keep reading that his book the moon is a harsh mistress is very right wing. Is this also not true?

Tbh if you don't see it you're probably American. Fascism isn't just "mean government does mean stuff" it has a definition. Google the doctrine of fascism to hear it from the horse's mouth

>you can't vote if you don't become a soldier
Didn't read the book, did ya?

I've read that Heinlein was a highly impressionable flake who bounced all over the ideological map, but every politically charged piece of writing he's produced (that I've read) seems decidedly right wing. Any examples of the far left ideas he supposedly flirted with in his work?

Stranger In A Strange Land was pretty big among the hippies.

Never got through it. Stopped at the "He amassed an impressive harem. The chicks never did anything with each other, cuz lesbian shit is gross" part. The whole thing read like just another power fantasy. Not surprised it was popular among hippies, though. As a group they seemed very susceptible to the influence of charismatic sociopaths.

>As a group they seemed very susceptible to the influence of charismatic sociopaths.

"the hippies as a group" were a vast population of bored middle class kids that got a taste of a forbidden bohemian/leftist lifestyle before settling down to live their boring middle class lives. it's the same now with kids flirting with forbidden far-right politics except the hippies actually left the house and got laid.

Ha! Dead on. I guess in a generation or two the pendulum will swing back and the counter culture will be leftist again. Maybe when we hit our fifties we can all be screwing twenty year olds. Live in hope, lads!

should everyone vote? not everyone is sound of mind or intelligent enough to understand how their vote toward policy affects matters

As far as I remember, a person could become a citizen through civil service too. The protagonist was a dumb shit and could only apply to be cannon fodder.

Could anyone confirm?

it's lolbertarian
TEMPLE OF SYRINX

OUR GREAT COMPUTERS
FILL THE HALLOWED HALLS

It's ancap.

Give me one reason why fascism isn’t the perfect system of government. Protip: you can’t.

> invented by wops
> symbol is LITERALLY a faggot

> SISISISISISISISISISISISISISISISISISISISI

Name is derived from faggot too

ok so i decide you don't vote

Citizens of Athens were obligated to be in the levy if Athens went to war and only citizens could vote but you wouldn't say that Athens was a fascist state

>not realizing that they killed faggots with faggots
>this is like shit talking rope for killing niggers

"a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition"

From the Merriam-Webster website. The Terran Federation of the book doesn't fit this definition, except maybe the "exalts nation over the individual" part, but even that's stretching the Federation's beliefs. The Federation understood that individualism was the main difference between them and the bugs. They valued the individuals, as shown by their willingness to sacrifice many soldiers to save a few, such as during Operation Royalty. The Federation also didn't seem to be horribly authoritarian. The only suggestion of that was their use of corporal punishment, but even that seemed to be used only on people that truly deserved it (murderers and the like).

at the very least you must agree that the certifiably mentally ill shouldn't vote

I'm sure someone would. People are stupid and don't care what words mean.

Well I assume (perhaps naively) that most people on Veeky Forums are intelligent or are merely pretending not to be.