"So what are you reading, user? Anything I'd like? "

"So what are you reading, user? Anything I'd like? "

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/119374123
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm reading a book about bees. Do you like bees?

yes darling it's called Mein Kampf which translates to "My Struggle" in German. It's a really compelling book about a unique man's struggle in the hard times following WWI. I think you'd love it.

Worth of cuckoldry.

>implying women like books

I have no subtlety, i talk about my last 5 books, make some recommendations, criticize the books she is reading, whatever. If you want to talk about my interests you are gonna get my opinion.

Would recommend Kristin Lavransdattar, Willa Cather, etc

Women like books a million times more than men, they just read mostly filler, or at best, National Book Award/Pulitzer/NYT stuff

Most people don't read anything interesting. The worst is when you're reading something that the other person has never heard of, so they ask you "is it good?" and the only way you can answer without confusing them with an explanation is a hollow "yes".

how come every male i meet with a learned interest in literature has a personality like this?
i get it, it's hard to find people you can talk to about clarice lispector and structuralism but when you word-vomit like an autist and desperately seek affirmation for your every thought it makes me never want to bond over literature with anyone

I like to talk about contentious books, and I believe in the value of critique. Most women who read books are extremely relativistic (everyone has different tastes!), and fuck that.

It also helps that im married to a non-reading (except journals) stem nerd so that side never came out, and if I actually had a chance of sleeping with a book-nerd (prior to marriage), I would just turn the question over so she would talk about herself.

But just a random? I have no interest in bonding, but I do enjoy a lack of cowardice regarding literary opinion.

Just show her the cover.

>structuralism
I would never fucking date anyone who believes in that disgusting abomination.

what makes you think they are seeking affirmation? If someone asks me about something I'm passionate about or at least am really interested in or have invested time in I like to sy my thoughts on the matter, after all, they did asked.

It's about a struggling artist...hey, just like you, sweetie!

it's definitely not the case that every male with a learned interest in literature is as you described.
so a more useful question might be, what is it
about you that attracts you to those sperglords (prior to your deducing their sl status of course)?
if i had to guess, i'd say you tend to be drawn to the company of relatively effeminate appearing, unintimidating men, which men tend to compensate for their own perceived shortcomings by playing the role of the public intellectual or whatever.

>pic related, its me

I did not expect white teeth. She looks like MILFIE from the sopranos.

you beast, you.
"you" ironically looks like me on steroids and a shoulder wax. maybe an extra chromosome or two thrown in, too

Petersonphiles gtfo

Nice projection there, bruv.

No, but you do have a point, more or less. has only ever met guys like this probably because one way or another he/she has a personality that gravitates towards the "pseudo-intense" type, regardless of physical appearance. Maybe he/she sees something reflected in the pseudo-intense that reminds him/her of him/herself. Either way, it's not "every male" that's socially autistic and can't follow a conversation without turning into captain retardo.

>woman asks about subject of interest
>assertively discuss your view on the matter
>implication is effeminacy and your status is a soyboy

I guess the alpha thing to do would be vacillate and let her lead the conversation, or give a single title answer and stare at her breathing heavily

so was the nudie scene from tony's dream real or what?

self-confidence and a degree of social finesse can preclude either response. you don't want to "assert" anything when first discussing these kinds of topics, just establish an open-minded dialogue where you can posit opinions without overstating them or becoming overexcited about the whole thing a la i don't gravitate towards these kinds of people, they do to me. i'm a quiet, unassuming male and every time i've asked another male with a copy of an interesting book about what they like to read i am instantly turned off by the nature of their response. perhaps it has more to do with the type of people to carry around books in public with the intent of striking up these conversations, but i don't think that's fair either, it's not like everyone can only read in privacy

tldr i don't know why this happens but it's a pretty consistently predictable occurence

I know the answer. You are a soyboy and they are not.

DELET THIS

Assertion is not necessarily absence of insecurity, and might as well showcase it even more than not being active in a conversation. It also fades away the "mystery" factor which, in spite of being meme'd to death by PUA, is something women and I'd say even a lot of guys are attracted to.

Also there is a special class of women who get their panties dripping wet when they meet actually schizoids who purposefully avoid eye contact and have to be pressured to talk about their hobbies (talking while facing a general direction and you're just there to listen to it, of course). Needless to say this special class is basically composed of psychos and turbo wenches with an amazingly common sense of 'adventure' and a propensity for panic attacks/bouts of faux depression.

Right now? A book called "Middlemarch." I think you'd like it — there's a lot of different characters, but they're all interesting and each has their own struggle. Romance, family dynamics, art, even local politics. It's amazing one author can write so well about so many different subjects.

>ask about book
>they tell you about book

where is the problem

Fuck I had a friend like this. She was absolutely gorgeous too and gravitated always towards the nerds and schizos and weird fucks, but couldn't hold a boyfriend for more than a month. She was also a turbo slut. Loved her to death but wouldn't touch her with a ten foot pole if you know what I mean. Haven't talked to her in ages, both her parents died and she lives with her sister or something.

>ask about book
>they tell me the last five they read, make some recommendations and criticize the book i am reading
there's the problem sperg

>Gee, I dunno, what DO you like?

Literally just dodge and get them to talk about themselves.

lol why the hell would you place the emphasis on do

I like her glasses

you ever think maybe her end goal wasn't "holding a boyfriend more than a month?" like, what's the prob?

Yeah I'm reading this book called "every girl pussy is the same". So... Wanna fuck in the bathroom ? I can give u 5 euros

What do you MEAN?

maybe if you weren't an ugly whore I'd tell you, next

Slow down there, amigo. I don't know what her goal was, she was just fucking weird. She "confessed" her feelings towards me a full three times during high school and the second time we became an item for like a week before she told me there was someone else. So we kept on being friends until I found a new gf and she came at me again with her "I regret what I said and I feel like I just want to throw myself at you all the time" bullshit. At that point I understood she was just whimsical about who she wanted to be with, played the prude classy artsy grill but was actually just really sad about her parents and family in general and just needed someone to hold her sometimes. I dunno. I hope she's well desu.

Because the OP said "Anything I'd like?".

Are you dense or something, lad?

I'm reading your butifel eyes, luv.

this tbqhwyfamalamadingdong

well, i'm guessing that's a generalization meaning they expand upon the subject which is still reasonable

it's literally me copying this post and no, it's not reasonable. if you think so you are the problem. i just met you, take it slow.

>he/she
>him/her
>him/herself

Make your life a little easier and just use them, they, their.

It just seems weird to use a plural pronoun for a single person. Then again, english isn't my native language, so thanks for the advice fampai.

>is something women and I'd say even a lot of guys are attracted to.
I think I know what you mean, and I think it has to do with how people react when they are seeking validation (in the form of an answer to a question) and do not receive it.

To the extent that most people struggle to receive genuine validation from their parents, they end up prizing those instances when they DO feel validated.
So, the experience of asking someone a question in some social context, followed by that person's apparent unwillingness to commit to a straightforward answer (the mystery factor you refer to), is simply an "adult" version of the problem faced by the child of mummy and daddy not paying attention to the things the child is interested in (not to trivialize or anything).
And just as this only strengthens the child's resolve to get attention and achieve validation, so too does the adult then get sucked into the that mindset.
>inb4 muh freud
>inb4 projecting bro
>inb4 inb5

>get asked for your opinion on something
>give your honest opinion
>get a blank stare in return
every time

Men in general are obsessed with hobbies and enjoy talking about them in excruciating detail. This is how men become friends with each other. You have this experience with men who like literature because you also like literature. You don't have this experience with men who have other interests because you don't share those interests.

wow, thanks for the brilliant analysis. clearly not aware of any of this previously

Don't ask a question if you already know the answer.

Right now? White Noise, I think you'd like it, but personally I can't understand how a man who's devoted his life to Hitler is having an existential crisis.

your answer amounts to a tautology explaining nothing

>Women like books a million times more than men, they just read mostly filler, or at best, National Book Award/Pulitzer/NYT stuff
Oh please sugar tits, women read YA drivel mostly. Women are children only bigger

It explains everything, you're just an idiot.

hey guys come over here how is it possible to tell a girl or anyone but a grl especially that youre into literature/philosophy/poetry ? it sounds kind of weird is there a way to phrase or ease in

Im gonna try this and see what happens just for the lulz

just remember to avoiding referencing the german title which many plebs have heard, and just mention the translated title.

Is that a fucking rotatory gun in the corner?

zip up your fly

>pedo classes

she does, except hotter

looks like a replica vulcan

spotted the asexual

How the fuck do you even talk to girls? I just don't understand it. My brain just stops working when confronted with one. Getting out the necessary pleasantries is hard enough, much less having a full on conversation.

because he doesn't read books and doesn't understand inflection

>How the fuck do you even talk to girls?

It can't really be done. The trick is to talk through them.

Realize they're human beings.

Treat them as such.

Done.

Mostly just Horus Heresy, think a fantasy novel but it's in space. I'm also reading up on military strategy and how our concept of a modern military came to be, if you're interested I'd recommend "The Profession of Arms", good read.

just be yourself

well, most dudes just say hey sup bae
but you would unironically benefit from exposure therapy
quick'n dirty sol'n: find a sex therapist. seriously.
wish i'd known about and tried it a long time ago instead of fumbling throuhg life figuring it out on my own. although at least now i have a boatload of cringy memories that keep me entertained

How old are you?

Please refer to:

Just learn how to not care and crack jokes. But since you might be an autist you should just give up and focus on something that you like and can make you fiscally succesful

>quick'n dirty sol'n: find a sex therapist.
w-whats that mean
is that a girl you pay to be nice to you
do i have to tell them about my animes?

are you kidding dood?
there's no way to utter the expression
>Mostly just Horus Heresy, think a fantasy novel but it's in space
and then without waiting for a response from her to utter the unprompted expression
>I'm also reading up on military strategy and how our concept of a modern military came to be, if you're interested I'd recommend "The Profession of Arms", good read.
without sounding incredibly desperate to be heard by someone and/or unoriginally autistic

At least he's talking.

Shittily, but talking.

I never asked to be referred to as someone capable of talking to women in any charismatic capacity, I'm really not.

prime wife material if it weren't for the fact that she has the body type of someone who never stops being obese after they have their first kid

actually i was wrong, it's called a sex surrogate.
i'm sure you could tell them about anything you want that's important to you. they tend to be genuinely less judgemental people

true enough
sorry man, i never meant to imply that you did. i was just saying that the other poster's advice, to speak in the manner suggested by your post, might not be the ideal solution.
sorry if i was a dick.

wait can you tell me a little bit more are they the type of people who would listen to me if i wanted to be really honest and pathetic and have someone care maybe

Its a neat little book. Sometimes i believe it throws some obvious stuff but never the less a comfy read

Dont worry, ill keep that in mind.

I think that's what he meant by 'filler'. And it doesn't change the fact that women read a lot more than men.

how do you know that? pic related

my impression is that yes, their goal is to work through issues that you have that get in the way of your sexual "goals". my initial suggestion of one session seems to be misguided, becuase you won't realistically get much from it (just like psychotherapy). and honestly, from what you're saying, it sounds like you would also benefit from speaking to an ordinary therapist (which i'm mentioning because it might be cheaper)

but here's something i just copy pasted from a relevant website:

With all my patients, I begin by establishing trust and building rapport that lessens anxiety. This is a gradual and integrative process that is both structured and in the moment; I gauge the appropriate pace based on the person’s specific needs. From there, I employ a variety of skills that teach new behaviors, replacing old “default” tendencies through practical physical application, coaching, and education.

I work with men and women, gay, straight, bisexual and transgender. I assist patients in overcoming a range of issues, including:

Premature ejaculation
Erectile dysfunction
Late virgins
Social/sexual shyness
Performance anxiety/lack of confidence and inexperience
Sexual shame
Trauma and disassociation from sexual abuse
Inhibited Sexual Desire (ISD)
Body image

p.s. honest and pathetic is a GOOD therapist's bread and butter, so with the right person you would be good hands.

Proved his point m8.

just found this which i thought was interesting:
vimeo.com/119374123

Name?

no they don’t good looking women don’t read you stupid fuck

yeah the odyssey if you like some post-war action with all the pstd and trauma

i hate you faggots so fucking much, dude do you know how grotesque it is you have pictures of underaged neotenous girls saved and you both fap to and associate your own emotions with their false expressions of humanity? you’re disgusting, what an evil and awful mind you have

sorry didn't realize I rustled so many jim jams.

I've tried it doesn't work.
People always say this but it literally helps nothing. Yeah no shit they're human beings but I'm pretty sure they're not going through the same mental anguish I am when I'm conversing with them.
They never seem to get my jokes. I still have ptsd from when I tried out this extended bit on shoes and she didn't seem to follow whatsoever.
I feel like you just suggested that I see a prostitute which I'd rather not do.

My struggle the book about a struggling Norwegian Author.

TRIGGERd

it doesn't have to be jokes just talk about something that you and them find interesting i.e. reading
you have to find the right opportunity also what said
> they're not going through the same mental anguish I am when I'm conversing with them.
you're overthinking m8 and making prejudices you can't tell what's going on in everyone's head
girls too can be shy

>he believes in good and evil
not even a anime poster, but HAHAHHAHA, HOW FUCKING RETARDED CAN U BE?
U THINK LIFE IS SOME DISNEY MOVIE WITH GOOD AND BAD GUYS? HAHAHAHHAH

>how come u say some negative things
lmao @ roasties

>implying female
lurk more, sperg less (it's fucking embarrassing)

This would make a good Houllebecq scene

ugly minds make me involuntarily want to purge yes
too bad anime is evil, anime posters have no souls, the correlation between fake cute diction and psychotic obsession with demented ideals of pubescent women is all the evidence i need to diagnose user with insanity and soullessness sorry sweetie why don’t you go have a cute conversation with other anime posters about your cute girl anime :3