Fuck, I just start reading this and I feel like I can relate to it so much...

Fuck, I just start reading this and I feel like I can relate to it so much. It manages to perfectly capture the modern political scenery despite being written so long ago.
Any other books like this?

I didnt knew you had shouting rage sessions at work to relieve stress, a house so well monitored, that a single dust particle can be noticed by the police, prisoner of wars in your downtown area to humiliate them, your right to fuck revoked etc etc.
You are just a pretentious faggot who think reading something which is mandatory at 10. grade is something world shattering.

The Handmaid's Tale.

t. Nork

>Implying 1984 is about surveillance and communism
Try reading the book after grade 10

>It manages to perfectly capture the modern political scenery

elaborate you fucking pseud

Fahrenheit 451 or Brave New World are somehow like this one

>1984 thread
>expecting discourse over and above 10th grade english

Much as you disgust me OP, try On the Marble Cliffs for a dystopic vision with nuance.

great courses has a whole series of lectures on dystopia in fiction.

that said, your assessment of 1984 having any relevance in the modern political sphere is laughable.

My diary desu

You're a rude faggot that represents everything wrong with this board, minus Catholicism.
Read Brave New World, Fahrenheit 451, A Scanner Darkly, Animal Farm, and The Giver.

>Read Brave New World, Fahrenheit 451, A Scanner Darkly, Animal Farm, and The Giver

Now recommend something that isnt on a highschool or (Giver) 5th grade syllabus.

You've outed yourself as a pretentious fucking hipster. Just because they make you read something in school doesn't mean it should be discredited. If they taught Ulysses and Gravity's Rainbow in highschool then this entire board would start to hate them.

Id rather seek out interesting a new works than be working off a buzzfeed list built after the hillary loss. And id rather be outed as a seeker of new literary experiences than a 20 year old distributing his vibrant knowledge of entry level dystopian works.

>Hey bro...if you like that, check out this shit!
>OPENS HIS TRENCHCOAT
>its fuckin animal farm man. it will BLOW YOUR MIND

>You've outed yourself as a pretentious fucking hipster
where do you think you are? this aint reddit, laddie

>where do you think you are? this aint reddit, laddie
This is the worst place to talk about literature on the entire internet. At least in other places people actually read.
>And id rather be outed as a seeker of new literary experiences than a 20 year old distributing his vibrant knowledge of entry level dystopian works.
OP is a 20 year old who hasn't read entry level dystopian works. What do you think "entry level" means? You have to start somewhere.

He isn't pretentious

you're just terrible and made moreso by your lack of awareness of it. So much so that it is sad more than anything else.

>you're just terrible and made moreso by your lack of awareness of it.
Resorting to ad-hominems now? What a pity.

you have been given the reasons you entry level pseud

I'm not claiming to be an intellectual. I'm telling you why you're full of shit.

>I'm not claiming to be an intellectual

Everyone agrees with you

>At least in other places people actually read

Every single person in this thread has read this crap. Go back

>Go back
Go back where? I've been on this site since you were in diapers.