I've got a bad feeling about this

I've got a bad feeling about this

People with that handwriting have a 100% chance of having average or below IQ

>inb4 it's op's

>Humanities handwriting
absolutely plebeian

i hope you are a european receiving a free education

Top post-it are ok. But what's the point of the one in the middle. It ruins the text.

i...i..i write similar to that?

It's verbatim what is underlined in the text beneath it. All of them are useless.

I didn't notice. I'm retarded.

Looks feminine, but maybe I'm only saying that because my handwriting is extremely chaotic

People with ugly handwriting are plebs. Kys

Hit a little too close to home?

>buy second hand edition of The Big Sleep from Goodwill of Amazon
>EVERY page has a summary of what happened written in at the bottom of the page
>EVERY page has asinine marginalia
>ALMOST every page has a simple word circled with a definition written next to it
Women are retarded as fuck. Like who the fuck writes page by page summaries? Like nigga have short-term memory lmao?

stopped reading at
>Canadian philosopher

People with that handwriting are always narcissistic faggots.

I bought a used copy of Things Fall Apart just so I could say I read a book by an African.

I must have pulled over one hundred sticky notes of various bright colors covered in a woman's Comic Sans-like script. Entire paragraphs underlined and highlighted in even more bright colors, completely defeating the purpose of their effort. She probably wrote a wonderful essay for World Lit I for State University at City. Just as many pages, double spaced (but 13 point font, naughty!), as teacher told her was required when she raised her hand and asked, "How long does it have to be?"

i have a second hand 'brothers karamazov' where someone circled extremely basic vocabulary words for the first five pages or so. absolutely nothing after that. i own a permanent record and physical manifestation of someone's weak will.

It's woman's handwriting.

>buy used book
>first ten pages or so are HEAVILY annotated with pretentious opinions and commentary
>suddenly stops after that, no more annotation
plebs get all excited like "YESss I'm gonna master the fuck out this book n shieet", then they give up like the plebs that they are. can't even finish a book smdh

Roastie whore leave

Yeah we get the point wimmin r dum, this thread is now for posting examples of good notes

i kept rereading "comes actually to desire" because i thought i was skipping a line but no thats the way it was written

It's because people remember the beginning and ends of books most clearly. So if you have to a write an essay, those are the parts retards instantly gravitate too.

>there's a god who made this plan
>no there isn't
How chipped does your ego have to be that you write this in a book? I can literally smell this guy's vape pen through my laptop screen.

>now they're drunk

reminds me of a koran i own with nu-atheist type notes in the margin

>I hope he's alive
When you're reading The Odyssey and have no clue if Odysseus is alive or not, you have truly transcended the text and found its metaphysical meaning.

Well? Do you have any? I'm waiting...

Originally see Truly the deepest understanding I have ever seen exhibited on the subject of The Odyssey

This desu. Virgin feminine handwriting vs chad unintelligible scrawl, decipherable only by the mad genius who created it.

This is fucking hilarious. Genuine chad tier notes

Ok I’m retarded, I don’t understand what’s wrong with this picture.

Should the notes be smaller? What the fuck does this mean?

Most notes in second hand books are really retarded. They're either extremely stupid, or extremely obvious. I've never read a book with profound marginalia that offer an insight into the text. Most of the time they're just brainlets writing definitions for polysyllabic words.

How else are you gonna remember the polysyllabic words then? Just fucking scan them in your brain?

>hatred is wrong

that's a woman's handwriting or an extremely high womb exposure to estrogen homosexual. I've never once encountered a male who had that style

Someone answer this, I’m genuinely curious.

that is ugly handwriting

you take mental note of them, since if you intend to be any kind of remarkable intellect you will need to draw upon them in moments where you do not have access to your notes. look it up, memorize, store it away for later usage. its not a word you know if you pull it out of a notebook for employment, you need to, and I really don't want to say this, you need to allow the word to sink into the lexicon you possess in your head. So yes essentially you need to scan them into your brain, but obviously look them up first and really try to envision how they are placed into sentences

Is anyone else worried about dying and then the bereaved looking through the weightier texts in your library that you bought from thrift stores that have notes and underlines from an imbecile in them and saying "Wow what a fuckin idiot"?

No because my notes are in a commonplace binder. No need to muddy up the margins like a plebe

Please post this.

He’s talking about people mistakenly attributing marginalia from second hand books to you, retard.

I tear those pages out and put them in a commonplace scrapbook.

my doctor has handwriting like that and shes pretty smart

>backwards-slanted handwriting
Absolutely disgusting

>like a plebe

user... you're up your own ass.

t. someone who writes in margins, and is a better reader/writer than you'll ever be

Sorry, bucko. she isn't

>Ok I’m retarded, I don’t understand what’s wrong with this picture

OP here. The sticky notes obscure the text and will surely fall out of place or mar the pages with gooey residue.

>mfw picking up books from the free shit-tables around campus
Never again. On the plus side the 'notes' are only in the story in pic related, I'm guessing because it was the only one on the required reading list for whatever lit 101 class where this was used.

Exactly

I do this for philosophy texts.
For example, I keep summaries of about every half-page in Kant's Critique of Pure Reason.
It really does help with writing papers and reinforcing the material in your mind.

Maybe they learned the words

Had a good laugh reading those notes though, user.

>Taking notes == copying the text in the the book
ISHYGDDT

youaregonna get killed by her soon senpitchi

underrated post

>he's finally leaving

this is how I felt the entire time I read the Odyssey

Just a reminder that those notes aren't written for you. Even something as simple as stating the obvious or rewriting what is there can help a person retain the information a little bit.

SCATHING

Then state it on a separate sheet of paper instead of soiling my book. If writing it is all that matters, don't write in the book.

here lies user, killed by gender quotas

It's easier to write it in the book and less chance of losing them.