Practical Philosophy

Which philosoper and/or philosophical text had the largest impact on how you view and interact with the world?

Human, All Too Human is one of the most practical philosophical texts you can ever read.

Why?

Could you please expand on why?

Stefan Molyneux. I took the redpill and I am now enlightened

Please, no memes.

Why do you assume we are able to tell that?

Timeless wisdom covering all major aspects in the life of an individual (society, history, art, women and children, the self) in a digestible yet inquisitive aphoristic style. If you want to improve yourself, it's basically a must read.

Jung

Genealogy of Morals - N
Man & Technics - Spengler
System of Transcendental Idealism - Schelling

Marcus Aurelius.

What do you rec by Jung?

Probably Camus if I'm being honest.

The Gay Science so far

Dr. Jordan Peterson made the biggest impact. Terrence Popp did as well, he's on Youtube and is a member of the US Military since the 80s. Stefan Molyneux is interesting but he's not as well-articulate as Peterson, he's also atheist I hear which doesn't really do him any favours. Something that red pilled me in regards to women is, for one, having my heart ripped out by a girl that I thought could do no wrong, but even bigger an influence was a girl I got with later who was younger but also had a rape fetish. She taught me that some women, at least in the bedroom, did not want respect or equality or even gentleness. At least to some degree. Some women want to be TAKEN. They want MASCULINITY and DOMINANCE! I'm proud to possess both, and feminists can go fuck themselves, I want nothing to do with them. I believe in gender equality, but that is NOT feminism as it is known today, it is FAR from 3rd wave feminism and even 2nd wave feminism didn't get it right, but they DID accomplish a lot of good to be fair.

Nietzsche by far

Giles "MotherFUCKING" Deleuze

Just an absolute breakthrough how I consider and view the world.

Kierkgegaard and Goethe - two sides of the same coin.

Aristotle instilled my deepest convictions as to how one ought to live, and without a hint of irony Hegel has been massively
influential in my development - respectively the most useful texts to myself so far are Nicomachean Ethics, De Anima, The Metaphysics
and the Phenomenology of Spirit. The notion of Philosophia to Sophia through the two of them has greatly changed my view of things.

I also enjoy the fragments of the presocratics, namely Parmenides and Heraclitus. Their poems and phrases are helpful to dwell upon.
I initially admired the Stoics more, but I found they lacked the richness and depth of Aristotle.

Derek Parfit. He's like Singer but without the memes.

The stoics definitely had the largest impact, although I'm not certain that what I learned is what they wanted to teach me.

I used to think that the philosophy was about coping and being forceful against your character, to go through misery by means of willpower. You would still be suffering, only you would do it without complaint.

What I got out of reading the stoics was something else:
1. Stoicism seems to be not about coping, but about being aligned with nature to such an extent that you don't have to 'cope' with anything, because all things that happen outside of your control are natural, and nothing that is natural should bother you. The only things that are possibly unnatural are to be found in your own behaviour.

2. Happiness comes from the strength and achievements of your own character and the processes of its improvement. A stressful situation is never something to be upset about because it grants you to the opportunity to test and fortify your character.

I try to take these points to heart and put them into practice every day, especially on a social level. When someone acts irrationally I try to correct them; if they listen, great, if not, also great, because at that point it's outside of my control and I can simply accept the situation: the way that person behaves is no longer my responsibility, the way I react is. Everything that I find to be out of my control physically I take total control of psychically, and this has helped make me a much calmer and happier person.

>treats stoicism like a workout program he got off of an infomercial

Principles of Communism

>When someone acts irrationally I try to correct them
I am not trying to correct you but...

>Phenomenology of Spirit
Once you have that down his lectures are much richer and useful. Aesthetics and religion especially

Literally all you need

>alexander solzhenitsyn
>joe rogan
>sam harris

This, but unironically.

Start with Nietzsche and Philosophy.

I need to read some more Nietzsche.

What english translations do you guys recommend?