How many of the President's books have you read?

How many of the President's books have you read?

>I was having a conversation a few years ago with a few people when one guy mentioned that the Trump name had become a famous brand around the world and then added, “What’s in a name?” He then sort of laughed and said to me, “in your case, a lot!” I noticed that one guy seemed out of the loop about the quip. So I said “That’s Shakespeare. ‘What’s in a name’ is a famous line from Shakespeare.” So he still looked perplexed and asked “From what?” And although I knew it was from Romeo and Juliet, I said, “Look it up. You might learn some interesting things along the way.”

>I’m not proposing that you spend years studying Shakespeare, but a topical knowledge of certain things will greatly enhance your capabilities for dealing in the major leagues with people who are well educated in a variety of subjects. Don’t be left out! Take a few hours a week to review the classics in literature or history or something outside of your usual range of interests.

Daily reminder.

They’re all just ego jerking

you'll need a bigger bait

Sad.

Proposed a 14% income tax on individuals worth more than 10 million to pay off America's debt

Predicted 2008 crash

Calls for ending discrimination against women

low energy, too much soy!

Nada. Life's too short.

ghost writing
I have not read any of his ghost writers and I don’t seen any reason I should.

Other's phrasing, his ideas and his advice. The guy is obviously incredibly successful and he did the unthinkable like 4 times in his life. Why not get free advice from the man?

He’s literally a daddy’s boy. He didn’t earn a single dollar in his life.

He started moderately rich and got incredibly rich. He took over Manhattan from nothing. His dad was a developer in fucking Queens, and wasn't a billionaire.

Yeah and who do you think told him what to do and what to invest in?

When I was young my parents brought me to a hippy music festival in the forest and I stole beer and read The Art of the Deal
Everyone rebels in their own way I guess, and with the modern culture of free trade liberalism being to popular in the mainstream it's not so surprising that edgy young men like him

wasn't a very good read tho

Nobody. His dad advised against going to Manhattan at all. He said "those aren't our people." Trump got successful with lots of luck and lots of hard work and canny tactics. If you read his books you'd know.

That crippled america one, if he even wrote it.

He raises some interesting points, but never goes into details on how to solve the issues. I can't blame him, I think it's pretty common for candidates to give a pretty vague idea on how they would tackle the problem, but with leaving enough space so that people can fill the blanks in the way that is most pleasing to them.

Ah yes he started rich and ended rich. He took over Manhattan by having more money than other people, what an extraordinary feat!

cus hes a mean jerk

I believe it and I generally dislike the "he did nothing on his own" narrative.

What I find weird is why people take personal success as the sign of a good politician or person. I'm not even talking of just Trump. Personal success doesn't even mean that what he does is best or that he is listening to what the world needs, it's not a sign of diplomacy or anything on that matter. Success has a lot to do with fooling others into deals that will be to your advantage, crushing competitors and etc. And by "your advantage" I mean, literally a personal success, not the success of a product or the company's employees. It's not strange that Trump's motto is "America first", but it's an extremely ignorant position for a diplomat to take, it closes doors on potential deals which, ironically, would make America first. You would never work a deal with a man who says "me first" and "I want with this deal to make myself great again", even if both parts are thinking of it in that way, it only works if it is unsaid. When I think of a successful businessman running for any political position, I can only think that he will be extremely efficient at profitting from that position and gain more personal power with it, than actually doing good to anyone else.

>reading any presidential literature outside of the declaration of independence and the letters between John and Abigail Adams

ISHYGDDT

He really was a Democrat.

His ghostwriter was.

7 more years faggot

You still holding resentment that Obummer got elected all those years ago?

who?

Yup, you still mad.

Not really, but i can hear you yelling at the sky from here.

Fuck off dumb burgers
Go start in a mart and stop shitting the board up

I visited a tibetan monastery once, and they had many western texts in their library that they liked to "show off." As if because of the rarity with which such books happened to make it to their remote part of the world, they were seen almost as icons for western culture.

One of the books they were most proud of and had placed in the middle of their reading room in a glass case was "the art of the deal." Several monks there were studying its relation to buddhist thinking, and when I asked if they were joking, they replied that although most people didn't see the genius in Donald John Trump's seminal novel, they did, and it was almost like second nature for them to have it nearly memorized by their third year in their studies.

But this wasn't everything-- many of the monks related that the pragmatism and way of life espoused by Donald, such as his skillful way of handling people while coping with his own inequities in the process, and being able to work at a furious pace for 20 hours a day with minimal sleep, were much admired by even the elders of the monastery, and there was a prize given out to the most dedicated student once a month who could best achieve the work ethos that was clearly the foundation for Donald John Trump's success.

So before you go bashing our President's literary accomplishments, and pass them off as simply superfluous writings, remember too that Caesar wrote about some war he waged in Gaul, and people probably didn't know that would be canonized as well. The art of the deal will be one of the landmark 20th-21st century texts that survives and represents the language hundreds of years from now.