The entire board got put on suicide watch almost 2000 years ago

>the entire board got put on suicide watch almost 2000 years ago.
Images incoming below.

1/2

I only know how to read up to down.

Hope this fixes it.
1/2.

I only know how to read upside down.

this board didn't exist 2000 years ago, you phone posting nigger

2/2

babby reads seneca and thinks he uncovered something new

So what books were the stoics reading?

>reading an english translation
jej

>coping this hard

I carry a similar sentiment, it's just that I don't know who those authors are yet.

They started and ended with the Greeks.

i can assure you the guy in your pic only knows english

Wrong.
He's Finnish autist, so he knows knows at least English and Finnish.

>the same must needs be the case

I was trying to write a series of video games, not trying to internalize everything I read.

he's Spanish though.
But you still have a point.

Nice find. I only read books I've read before.

What do you read?
I plan to set aside like 3 or 5 to read over and over again.

I share the same opinion. I'm in the search of the authors that I wish to read again and again. I enjoy Asimov.

I read Anna Karenina almost every year. I also read the bible over and over

I get the point of keeping close to what is good and familiar. I wouldn't criticize someone for that. But there's something to be learned reading from a diverse cast of authors; I like to read and study the works of authors I especially admire, but my literary palate is broad and I cater to it. To say I've gained nothing from doing so would be demonstrably false.

Flaubert has this really great quotation along the same lines: "Comme l'on serait savant, si l'on connaissait bien seulement cinq à six livres !" He's not wrong but he acts as if the two are mutually exclusive and as if there is an objective universality to ideas, which there sort of is but in a complicated way. You have to reach out and try different books to see if there's some chemical reaction between the two of you. There are so many great writers that to pick only a few leaves so much unturned, not in the sense that greater truths and meaning are not present in the text but rather that the writer may be approaching ideas in a way antithetical to how you're wired to understand the world; this can be good and/or bad. What you need to look for is a great writer who you feel strikes something deep within both you and the world and then study him to impossible depths; this is what Joyce did with Aristotle and Aquinas (specifically for his esthetic theory but also his entire understanding of the world as well). Blake is another big one for ol' James Joyce. But studying these writers intensely didn't stop him from studying and reading a tremendous amount of others; one never knows when they can come across discernible genius and so one must continue to explore. Lastly, reading new perspectives/takes on the world/subjects that different writers have/take on shifts your perspective in a way that can help you see what you're missing; it's not that your writer doesn't have it, but it gives you an epiphanic pointer to new depths.

tl;dr, back to your English class online discussion group.

tl;dr ?

I've been rereading the same book for 8 months. Do I keep rereading or what?

What books?

this nword was just salty people who read lots of books discarded his after doing so lmao

>always read well tried authors
yeah he is pretty much saying 'listen kid, there is a lot of YA and genre fiction pumped out by the plebian masses...stay away from that

>The Iliad
>The Odyssey
>The Aeneid
>The Bible
>The Divine Comedy
>Paradise Lost
>Shakespeare's tragedies
Veeky Forumserally the only books you need to read.