Tfw I want to read a tonne of books and be one of those insanely well read people but reading even 60 pages a day is a...

>tfw I want to read a tonne of books and be one of those insanely well read people but reading even 60 pages a day is a big chunk of my time taken away
>want to also spend lots of time doing other stuff (learning maths, programming, exercising)

Lmao get a real personality instead of compromising by trying too look smart.

did you mean to blog post, or were you trying to ask a question?

Yeah thats how life works, you cant do everything

juan go back to study logic

git gud

Get a stationary bike then read about mathematics and programming while riding

I don't know how

>tfw music backlogs, movie backlogs, book backlogs show backlogs comic backlogs

feels bad man

While listening to audio books

I just stopped playing videogames for 40h a week. Bam problem solved. I'm estimating to read about 20k pages this year.

>20k pages
Then what are you planning to do with the next 11 months?

my diary desu

>show backlogs

same

>tfw take an ungodly amount of time to read 30 pages of an easy to read novel
>tfw want to learn new languages but just can't be fucked and get bored extremely easy

why do I have to be me?

Backlogs are the fundamental condition of the modern human. You need to figure out how to sort through what is important to you and your goals. You won't be able to do everything you want in the depth you desire. So: sacrifice depth for latitude or sacrifice latitude for depth. You also need to relax a bit and realize that while life is pretty short, you still have a lot of time to learn a lot of stuff. Also thisIf you're trying to compensate some of your insecurities by being the "well read" guy then you're probably going to end up miserable and hating literature and learning for imposing it on yourself like a 9-5.

Why are you beating yourself up for not doing something barely anybody does? Maybe you have more important things to do like taking care of your health, making friends, meeting a woman

>Why are you beating yourself up for not doing something barely anybody does?
Because I fell for the "be different" meme

Well just be yourself :)

20 pages a day will still get you very far if you never skip a day.

read on the toilet
read before you go to sleep
read on the bus
read on your lunch break

read whenever you feel like

don't read on the toilet it is bad for your health, the body was not meant to be in that position while defecating. also, when you flush toilet bacteria gets sprayed everywhere.

lotta things the body isn't 'meant' to do

The key is to read the RIGHT THINGS FIRST

If you do that, even though it's hard work, it makes everything else easier, because it gives you a framework that everything else fits into.

Almost everyone copies X, and X copies Y, and Y copies Z... the trick is just to go back and find what they are all copying.

To cut a long story short...

The classics are classics for a reason.

Read Homer, Shakespeare, and the Bible.

Yeah, it's hard work, but too bad. I can't give you any better advice.

There are probably occasions in your life when reading is impossible but audiobooks are possible, so look into that, if you haven't already.

I read before I go to bed, that 5-10min period between classes and before classes. and at work (sometimes). I wouldn't consider myself well-read, but after awhile your reading speed increases to like a skim

My dick isn't meant to go up your mom's ass but it does anyway.

Find a book you want to read, go places early (like class), read before you go in.