Name one good author who didn't use stimulants (including caffeine) or psychedelics (including marijuana)

Name one good author who didn't use stimulants (including caffeine) or psychedelics (including marijuana).

Hunter S Thompson

Go away little straight edge

Steven King
J.K. Rowling
Dante
Shakespeare
Jane Austen

>Steven King
He's literally an ex-alcoholic.

Shakespeare smoked tobacco. And they also found cannabis remnants in his pipe

>Steven King
>King's addictions to alcohol and other drugs were so serious during the 1980s that, as he acknowledged in On Writing in 2000, he can barely remember writing Cujo.[19]:73 Shortly after the novel's publication, King's family and friends staged an intervention, dumping on the rug in front of him evidence of his addictions taken from his office including copious amounts of empty beer cans, cigarette butts, baggies of cocaine, assorted xanax and valium pills, 10 bottles of NyQuil and dextromethorphan, and a large ziploc bag of marijuana.

>marijuana
>psychedelics
I literally wish

Canaboids are physcho actives

There's certainly a bunch out there. Even more are those who only used lesser psychs and stims in moderation and infrequently.

It's not like they make you magically brilliant.

pls explain in laymen's terms im high

Plato unless they had some kind of psychedelics at the mystery cult rituals

Not psychedelics

I mean I wish I saw cool shit while smoking weed

Dante was high on beatriz

You haven't been stoned enough, simply put.

Its pretty easy, get stoned, induce psychosis, let your mind go blank, now explore the think tank.

Psychoactive =/= psychedelic

Try edibles and it'll be closer to a psychedelic experience.

Me

Friedrich Nietzsche
>"Nothing should be eaten between meals, coffee should be given up—coffee makes one gloomy."

he said good

nietzsche must have been drinking some shitty coffee

They had soma (mystery psychedelic) and wine

>Steven King

he had a very sensitive stomach and a loaf of health problems

I only have one slice

Plato was NOTORIOUS for smoking menthol cigarettes! Pliny discussed it at length! He even calls him "menthol Plato"

kek, meant to write load

Pliny was a vapist

which is neither a stimulant or psychedelic

oxygen, water, food, shelter, amphetamine. basics of life op

I'm a fairly well-known writer. You've probably heard of my work and everyone from The New York Times to NPR has reviewed it. I won't give out my name for personal reasons though.

I've been a serious professional writer for nearly 15 years now, and I'll be honest with you: you can't be good, much less great, without psychs and stims.

This is the entry level concoction you need in your daily personal and writing life in order to achieve bare minimum acceptable quality:
>Light Alcohol (beer, wine)
>Light caffeine (tea, soda)
>regular grade marijuana

To get to good level, you need:
>Hard Alcohol (Vodka, Whiskey)
>Strong Caffeine (coffee, energy drinks)
>prescription strength tranquilizers (xanax)
>marijuana edibles or THC wax
>cocaine and/or Adderall
>LSD or other psychedelics

Personally, I can't even work without a continuous daily cocktail of THC dabs, liquor, 60 MG adderall XR, coke bumps throughout, and 3 mg vicodin. Often my "days" will extend 36 - 52 hours.

I also regularly do MDMA, ketamine, DXM + codeine, methamphetamine, and heroin. I'm not addicted though, except to my work. I've done DMT 7 times as well. Breaking through has made me more aware of the world than I've ever been.

In fact, psychedelics have made the greatest impact on my writing. I've found the teachings of Terence McKenna most inspirational to my new book, coming out this year.

I hope they were camels and not newports or I'll have to call him nigger p

>I'm a fairly well-known writer. You've probably heard of my work and everyone from The New York Times to NPR has reviewed it.
it's probably some gay shit

alcohol and xanax just slow you down and numb you out, absolute shit tier. Agree with all the others though

this. If you don't do stims you're shit-tier

Homepage
Go to the profile of Josh Ozersky
Josh OzerskyFollow
Author, Gastronome, Bon Vivant, Noted Polymath and Deviant
Dec 9, 2013

The Need For Speed
Philip K. Dick, Adderall, and the Writing Life
Not all writers are speed freaks, strictly speaking—just the good ones. Propelled by frantic and unwholesome urges, they work their way to the truth, if they manage it at all, only through the most desperate exertions. Adrenaline helps; but adderall is better. It, and its sister stimulants, do more than put a hop in your step. There is a certain kind of writing that comes only via combustion.

go to bed tao

>dextrometorphan
That's completely legal, tho
Why would anyone use anything other than weed? I even quit weed after seeing God on an lsd trip

Nietzsche used to eat a plate full of grapes every day

Then complained about stomach problems

This

Also kools are nigger tier cig

Its legal in cough syrup but people abuse it

Me desu

>tfw can't do stims b/c nervous system is severely damaged from a childhood illness

Even tea makes me sweat profusely

Kys

literally have 0 connections and no way to get any kind of illegal substance

Dante and Shakespeare are the only 2 good authors you mentioned and how do you know they were sober?

I'm pretty sure he did a lot of coke back in the day though

Not to mention a cokehead.

It's dope. Everyone should 3rd plat at some point.

>professional writer
>New York Times
>"quality"
lol keep telling yourself you're relevant, functioning abuser. meanwhile I will rise from obscurity like the phoenix from the ashes and claim my exalted place in the heavens above you. a reckoning is coming.

I'd appreciate some kind of proof, not saying you're lying, it's just hard for me to imagine anyone "successful" posting here.

How does alcohol help?

You lost your cool as soon as you got into bed with the talentless attention whore Mira.

I like you before that though.

thanks for reminding me about Darcie, I'm going to buy this book now.

What's the most Veeky Forums drug?

>2018
>doesnt use dnms

what is/are dnms ?

Psychedelics of all flavors: the 2C-X, DO-X, mescaline, mushrooms, LSD of course, tryptamines (dmt etc)

Do you live under a rock?

Darknet markets, order through tor, use monero, you dont need to know anyone, just get a safe address to send to, monero, order with tails+tor and youre golden ponyboy

I don't live under a rock I am just a good boy trying to keep my rectum pure and safe from the police

Hundreds of millions of dollars in packs go through the mail every month and the police cant stop it

They dont give a fuck about your pathetic little ass, they have much juicier steaks out there waiting to be cooked

>name one good author

That book is trash

>BREAKING: Veeky Forums dweeb is afraid to engage with contemporary literature

shocker

Why is there an imperative to engage with contemporary literature? You should engage with what is worthy of being engaged with. That may or may not be the case with a certain portion of contemporary literature ; maybe the book you're referencing is not worthy of being engaged with.

that title makes me kek but it seems like a lame trendy shitbook. anyone read it?

they used a shroom with effects similar to acid but mildly intoxicating

Dudes a fuckin legend lol

it calms and lifts some inhibition