AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

2.5 hours of fresh content from our favourite author and literary figure.

youtube.com/watch?v=6T7pUEZfgdI

Other urls found in this thread:

macleans.ca/opinion/is-jordan-peterson-the-stupid-mans-smart-person/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How'd they manage to get a feminist to do a photo op with Joe Rogan AND Jordan Peterson?

Who’s the soyboy in the middle?

wowiewowow look at that bulge! !!!!

Peterson's cameltoe is eating through his pants

Daily reminder that if you don't think Peterson is a joke then you're a brainlet.

At this point I welcome Peterson threads simply because it's another excuse to shit on him and his moronic fans.

BASED

Daily reminder that anti Peterson posters have dirty rooms

t. Ivory tower intellectual addicted to crack-cocaine and adderall with a career total of 3 citations and 20 copies sold of your book

He's a joke but he's an endearing joke
Way prefer him getting an audience over trite leftists and nu-atheists

T. low in openness resentful atheist who still reads middle brow books about atheism written by meme intellectuals like Hitchens and Harris.

JOHDAN BETASON

Woah... a melting of the minds.

Some of his ideas about Jung and cultural anthropology are interesting, as well as his ideas about being a man and having a purpose, but a lot of his political ideas feel like one-sided strawmen that inevitably slide toward /pol/ shit. Also his fans are complete sycophants.

t. low iq high agreebleness retarded slave stock who was taken advantage of by a lower level sorcerous buffoon of man whose brain is deformed and disfigured from alcohol abuse, domestic abuse as a child and finally the abuse of serotonergic medications as a sad adult

le monke

Did Rogan get him high?!?!?!?

Hahahahahaha. Peterson is so pathetic. I don't know who is more pathetic him or his fans. LMAO.

Slit your wrists, OP

He'd be way more endearing if he wasn't constantly spammed here

i have to agree with the rage-posters, the shilling and defense peterson gets is out of control, and it really makes him look bad -- you need to stop faggots

PSSH fuck you faggot. He's literally changing the the course for the modern man and thus the western world as we know it.

9/10, this one was superb

Veeky Forums has turned him into a meme, and memes always get old.

>The name's Kramer, Cosmo Kramer.

Quintessential midwit programming

haha genius

kek'd at manlet Rogan

Why is Peterson so pathetic, bros? Are there people dumb enough to unironically like him?

*tips fedora*

Daily reminder that if you can't differentiate between psychologists and philosophers or you think that only philosophers are allowed to have opinions about life then you are a brainlet

See

Shapiro's so boring and Rubin's so retarded but kind of endearing

>our favourite author
kill yourself

you too

For fucks sake, Petersonposters prove time and time again how stupid or new they are, and it just keeps getting worse. If you spend hours watching Joe Rogan and Peterson talk, you're a moron, and consistently lower the discourse of this entire board
Fuck off

Kys fag. Peterson is fucking brilliant.

meant to quote
I can't even tell what bait is anymore but I can't even stand ironic peterson posting at this point

>grrr bad discourse
>YOU STUPID! YOU NEW! YOU MORON! YOU FUCK OFF FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

Imagine being stupid enough to think through a juvenile youtube politics dichotomy, then post it without being conscious of the obvious projection
Peterson is middlebrow as well you idiot

Imagine being this annoyed at people enjoying the life-affirming thoughts of a psychologist

imagine being a cancerous newfag who unironically defends the worst thing to happen to this board since the early reddit migrations

imagine being unable to hide cancerous threads

>Joe Rogan
>Peterson
>when Reddits collide

No one is stopping you making a thread and discussing whatever writer you like my man. Your obsessional hatred of Peterson says more about yourself than his fans

>alcohol abuse, domestic abuse as a child and finally the abuse of serotonergic medications as a sad adult
are all three of those confirmed? Sources?

>hitler pic
>Kys fag
Does /pol/ even know how stupid and childish they look?
And do Petersonfags realize that anyone who knows anything about 20th century philosophy or literature can immediately tell Peterson never knew what the fuck he was talking about? Do they know how Jung, Nietzsche and Dostoe are a quintessential freshman phase?
You don't, that's why you shouldn't be here, or atleast not posting. You're to stupid to realize it's not a matter of arguing

I think the Hitler comparison there is supposed to be a nod to his skill as a passionate orator, not as kike gasser 2.0.

>Peterson is fucking brilliant

The fact he is a long term user of anti-depressents is well known

>Your obsessional hatred of Peterson says more about yourself than his fans
It says more about how pathetic this board is now
You constantly see this completely unremarkable man all over this board. Whenever you ask what the deal with him is, you always get the same fucking responses.
>he gives good life advice
He takes drugs to cope with life
>he makes great works of literature accessible
So do many other people, even this board does that
I tried to think of another good quality but I can't even find one. He's popular because he acts as a father figure to those with shitty lives. He doesn't belong on this board because there's nothing special about him yet you seem CONSTANTLY and it's unbearable for those, unlike yourself, who actually knew what this board was like before the fucking scum known as peterson shills turned up.

I was asking more about the alcohol and child abuse

>imagine not understanding the concept of fait accompli

>You're to stupid

Case in point

>unbearable for those, unlike yourself, who actually knew what this board was like before the fucking scum known as peterson shills turned up.
Actually makes me a lot more annoyed than it should. Most of the site doesn't feel like Veeky Forums anymore, just alt-reddit

4chin is just contrarian reddit though

Get over it, its our website now oldfaggot loser

Veeky Forums was really destroyed by e-celebs and booktube.

>hurr i'm proud of myself because i'm old and still a regular 4channer
wew you cannot be serious -- you're the type of person daddy peterson warns us to not become... S O R T

Being older on Veeky Forums wouldn't be embarrassing if the board wasn't wrecked by Peterson shills and e-celebs.

how so? shitposting about stirner drawings?

You wouldn't understand because you're a newfag ruining this board, but newfags are ruining this board faster than they can lurk more

Most people need to latch on to a public figure. Ironically, Peterson says in this JRE interview that people arrange themselves into tribes, small collective communities, and need representative hero figures who navigate collective society for them. It's like everybody has their own tiny irrelevant life, and look up to a couple of public figures, and those figures become their idols, their Gods to worship.

For most board members, living in a world where God is dead and they can't create their own values, they have latched on to Peterson as somebody who navigates reality for them and gives them their value structure. Over 99% of people do it, need a God like Peterson to worship, and less than 1% are figures like Peterson who have worshipers and disciples.

In the very early days of Veeky Forums, that figure was Christopher Hitchens. A few figures later, and Veeky Forums was worshiping DFW and Max Stirner. Individually, everybody has a handful of idols to worship, their own personal Gods; as a board, Peterson has become the current board God to worship.

You've just gotta ignore it, I guess. Wait for the next idol to come along. There are plenty of worse people Veeky Forums could have chosen. Some people have Kim Kardashian as one of their personal Gods, so it really could be a lot worse.

>Peterson says
>he ACTUALLY cites the opinion of him whose philosophy he is defending in his argument

At least those were occasionally funny, now we just get rabid hero-worshipers that take themselves and their idol far too seriously

>your favorite President (me)

>I was asking more about the alcohol and child abuse
Look on youtube for a video of him talking about alcoholism. It's a 10-15 min segment taken from a longer video. It's him at the front of a fairly small room. He's talking about how he tried running an experiment to test for alcoholism being hereditary or not, where certain people have an increase in heart rate when alcohol enters their system and some don't, but he had to give up when he wasn't allowed to let drunk people leave and had to give them three glasses of beer and wait 15 hours until their blood alcohol level had subsided. He talks about his own predisposition to alcohol addiction.

There's another vid where he is at home talking about his wife. He confesses becoming dependent on alcohol in his early 20's and having to quit drinking.

muh dunbar...

>now we just get rabid hero-worshipers that take themselves and their idol far too seriously
we are 68 posts into this thread. Who has taken Peterson unironically seriously once in any post?

redditor detected

underrated

clean your room, mr marginally employed adjunct professor man

Dude. You're the one raging about the fact that out of 80 threads on Veeky Forums there's one or two talking about someone. I don't think you realise how stupid and childish you look

B U C K O

>>he ACTUALLY cites the opinion of him whose philosophy he is defending in his argument

You don't have to get so heated there, buddy. I wrote a response to the guy who hates Peterson threads, I'm not the guy I'm responding to. For his benefit, I also wrote, 'ironically'. Now everyone hug and be friends.

Just pop into the other Peterson thread, bucko

There's only two right now, but there's usually more. And they always stay on the first page for ages, always with the same uninteresting and uninsightful discussions.
Why do we even need two threads right now? Why couldn't the OP of this thread just posted in the other Peterson thread that was already going strong?

>only two threads
dated info

>sycophants
Why do pretentious retards love this word so much?

thanks but i'm not that interested in Peterson, he's ok but he is just a conservative (aka progressive lite) which is a meaningless position in the world that lays ahead

I'm not into Peterson, you asked me for an example of people on the board taking him "unironically seriously," and there's an entire unironic Peterson thread full of examples (not all posts, but still plenty)

So what? You can just filter them

The harsh reality.

>Is Jordan Peterson the stupid man’s smart person?

macleans.ca/opinion/is-jordan-peterson-the-stupid-mans-smart-person/

They attract brainlets that leak into other threads

This time I'm being unironic

>Tabatha Southey is a columnist for Maclean’s. She has written for a number of publications and is the author of three books, including Collected Tarts and Other Indelicacies.
>>The proxy crusade over Justin Trudeau’s ugly Christmas sweater
>>Are Canada’s pot-fearing politicians raising children or goats?
>>On ‘Climate Barbie,’ and the plight of the Man Un-Laughed-With

>what's popular is good
He's like a one-man buzzfeed for alt-lites

>Today you agree to call Edda van Heemstra Hepburn-Ruston “Audrey Hepburn,” tomorrow we’re all fighting over water and gasoline in a post-apocalyptic hellscape. Even worse, some social justice warlord will ask you to call him “Immortan Joe,” and that’s not your real name, Joseph.
>As far as I can tell, Jordie—and not the cool “Geordi” from Star Trek either—

I was expecting something fun, true and ruthless. This is just embarrassing. She must believe her audience is dumber than Peterson's to grossly outdo the condescension of the Pinocchio and Harry Potter references he peppers his lectures with.

It's not "what's popular is good" it's basically tall poppy syndrome

>t.
What does this "t." meme stand for? I've seen it everywhere recently.

Regards, as if I'm finishing your post

>regards (t.), newfag

>terveisin
>1. Instructive plural form of terveiset.
>2. with regards (informal address with the signature of a letter)

ad hominem
adverb & adjective

1. (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

Ad hominem, short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby an argument is rebutted by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.

It's Finnish for Regards; Terveisin.

google it you fucking spaz. it's finnish.

works like this. when used as a greentext, usually in reply to someone, the author means to imply the original poster's nature

t. too old to be here

>t. JBP himself fucking with Veeky Forums again

i don't believe in fallacies, sorry

>Resorting to the fallacy fallacy
Checkmate, bucko

>Falling back on the fallacy fallacy fallacy
yuo can't be serious