What is your opinion regarding the display of books with the pages facing outward instead of the spine...

What is your opinion regarding the display of books with the pages facing outward instead of the spine? It seems to be in vogue.

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/the-great-bookshelf-debate-of-2018-spine-in-or-out-1517167114
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

stupid stupid

If they're trying to illustrate a point (regardless of how you feel about the "gender gap" topic), then flipping the books is an effective way to draw attention to it. But for normal purposes there's no way to argue that it's not retarded.

deeply unsettling

Underated comment.
Great point

The one on the left does seem to make a good use of it. You could even have different themes like:
>non nobels/pulitzers/whatever
>living/dead authors
>fiction/non
>authors based on the country of the library/store, foreign ones
etc.

This proves nothing except the fact men are better writers.

>yfw the only good books written by women on those shelves were ones published under a mans name anyway

Fucking stupid way to prove the point.

The feminist war on anything men enjoy continues.

Personally disagree with it, it's another books as decoration motif. At least no one is cutting them into shapes I guess.

wsj.com/articles/the-great-bookshelf-debate-of-2018-spine-in-or-out-1517167114

if i saw that sign when i walked into a bookshop i would just walk out again while loudly proclaiming i would just buy the book from somewhere where it was easy to find whatever i wanted

This is brillant, now i know what not to read

>"did you see that weirdo who came in, went on a misogynistic rant, and walked out"
>"call security if you see him again"

>went on a misogynistic rant
never said anything about that
i just want to shop in a place where i can find what i want easily
or browse without having to take every damn thing off the shelf just to read the title

As decoration it's a decent idea because you have some variation over the limited range of colours that paper can be, which is sometimes more aesthetically pleasing than staring at a bunch of spines that haven't been arranged to look good. On the other hand you'll have no idea what book is where.

that really is the main problem of course, it also says you don't really care about finding or reading the books when you do this

> womanlets couldn't reach the top shelf
Well, it's nice to be almost two meters tall.

Wasn't the original idea the fact that someone was selling a house and the owner had super shit taste in books so the seller decided to flip them to hide them?

christ that's retarded
maybe if you'd spend less time talking about your nails and looking at handbags identical or almost identical to the ones you already own then you'd have more time to write fiction you dumb broads

>calling security on potential customers
this is why political small businesses fail

that sounds plausible, I know I personally flip any book I see written by gore vidal to spare anyone the chance of coming across them

Oh snap
You go girl

This kind of stuff is actually pretty amusing

I also move bibles to the fiction section

Doesn't make women look good lets just say that
Very... hyster-ical behaviour

there's nothing to be frustrated about

bump

It's kind of weird to think this is the real world anymore.