What are some books on the Russian revolution?

What are some books on the Russian revolution?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PavCPAE0AOc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Danilkin - Lenin

The Gulag Archipelago

Pretty sure that happens after the revolution, user.

I heard Trotsky wrote a good account, but I've never read it myself.

The Red Wheel

Trotsky is all you need.

Trotsky is confirmed to be a liar for political gain.

Ten Days That Shook The World for a contemporary eyewitness account

S.A. Smith - The Russian Revolution for a modern history (written last year)

Hmmm... a giant pseud recommending some Nazi folklore drivel xhe's never read. Unexpected!

Got pic related for a course I'm doing this semester. Not sure what it's like yet, but Aussie historians were very impressed by Soviets so I think it may be either too sympathetic or too librul (we have a tendency of being seething tankies or political babbies).

I've heard good things about Trotsky's history though - and it's very important for who he is. Probably your best start.

Who cares? He's a primary figure anyway - and it's important to know how he thought about things when he was the heir apparent and founder of the Red Army.

Actually it's Russia in Revolution* desu

Animal farm

Thanks, year 10 English teacher. Very insightful.
youtube.com/watch?v=PavCPAE0AOc

Nicholas and Alexandra - RKM

I've been reading into it, and am focusing on Bolshevik tactics, since they were really effective

Trotsky, History of the Russian Revolution
Carr, The Bolshevik Revolution 1917 - 1923
Selznick, The Organizational Weapon
CSPU, History of the Communist party of the Soviet Union (Bolsheviks) Short Course

I've got a lot of other books in this area I haven't read yet tho so I can't tell you much about them

SHEILA
H
E
I
L
A

there's a new book by sa smith called russia in revolution which spans from 1890 to 1928. reading it in my 20th century russian class. my professor seems to like it. it's fairly objective.

200 Years Together

October by Mieville has pretty much supplanted Reed's Ten Days as the most readable overall

If it does start within a 20th century and doesn't explain why a small political movement was able to take and hold the power in a big country, it's not a complete book. Neither if it doesn't show how “military communism” defined the whole history of USSR. Also, some notes on the global theme of masses being infected by outdated secular science of 19th century would help.

And that's THAT.

this

Doctor Zhivago is set during the revolution.