So how does your girlfriend feel about your love of books?

So how does your girlfriend feel about your love of books?
Does she read too, or does she give you shit for it?

What girlfriend?

I've been single for two years

we both work in a bookstore atm, she´s going to study english and mathematics this year.
She reads more than I do recently. She's really into me reading books.

I lost both of my last two girlfriends when I hit them. The police came to my house the next day with the last one. Not going through that shit again.

The problem with women is that they deserve to be hit but it's illegal to hit them.

Yeah but what did they think about your love for reading?

I either have women or books. Cant have both at once.

And I mostly have books.

Is it true? Seems like an interesting story, please detail.

My wife and I are both prolific readers. She's obsessed with DFW and considers him her literary husbando. It's pretty cute.

She's way smarter than me. Sometimes she does shit like start talking about Husserl, or whether Ivo Andric or Louis Adamic is the better Balkan writer, and giggles and hugs me because she scared me.

LARP

patrician answer.

i've been single for four years.

My aversion to relationships and socializing in general is also the time they can consume of ones life. Time that could be better used.

she even remembers communism

I wish I had the ego to believe this to be true about myself. Grapes very sour

I don't know yet, we've only went out 4 times.

Does she know about your love of books?

I don’t have a girlfriend yet

>yet
Oh, user...

How does someone find a Veeky Forums gf, let alone a gf?

Between the age
limits of nine and fourteen there occur maidens who, to certain bewitched travelers, twice or many times older than they, reveal 6 their true nature which is not human, but nymphic (that is, demoniac); and these chosen creatures I propose to designate as “nymphets.” ...

go to coffee shops and read, go to libraries, go to bookstores. it's not terribly difficult

Yeah I've mentioned it, but I'm sure every faggot out there says they like reading (but they never have the time anymore!). I don't think she knows the extent of my love of reading.

>reading for attention

it's more like multitasking. do you want a girlfriend who reads or not?

My bf simply doesn't read. He's a true brainlet and admits it. I don't care much for it because I love him, but sometimes I wish he'd give literature a shot.

Jealous if true

I guess the easiest way to jump to the conclusion that such things are shallow and without importance is to have at leats once your life had a period of time where you've intensely experienced human relations. Look, for exemple, at people who had a complete sexual life from adolescence. For them it wasn't even a gift, but something natural and mediocre that was supposed to happen. They are no better than you and maybe even inferior in these things that you might consider greater, and you know that. However, these little things that once experience are futile, have the power to grow dangerously in a pure mind, giving wings to the imagination of a possible life voraciously, in a way that can only be self-destructive. Just look at that Houellebecq's quote on Raphael that's daily posted here.

is to have at least once in your life*

I hate to type on my phone.

at least your coping is better worded than what you find in /r9k/

Eww. What an ugly post. The prose is just hideous, the aspect nuance is all off, the thought all cliché. Back to my books I go.

I have been single for 20 years

how old are you?
inb4 20

My girlfriend reads as much as me, though I study literature, while she studies psychology. We are together, only because we liked each other's taste in books so much. Feels good, would not want a gf with whom I couldn't talk about books.

What even is a 'girlfriend? I do not understand the concept or how it works. What demarcation line must you cross in order for a girl to become your 'girlfriend'. Also why did no one explain to me as an adolescent how you are supposed to acquire one, they all assumed that you already knew how and everyone else just copied what they saw on movies and tv which all felt very fake and inauthentic to me.

It's all just so confusing to me, it doesnt come intuitively at all. I feel as if this world has played a trick on me.

>I feel as if this world has played a trick on me.
No, it was your single mother

I have both a mother and a father. Is your father supposed to teach you how to acquire a 'girlfriend'? I'm pretty sure none of my peers had this happen to them, they just somehow immediately accepted this new concept of a 'girlfriend' which was established at around middle-school age and then naturally fell into attaining one.

Just stop

No I will not stop, I cannot be contained, just as society pulled a trick on me I will pull an even grander trick on it. Like a slight-of-hand magician, they won't even realize what has happened.

well he isn't necessarily incorrect.

My gf read a couple of books every year, mostly YA but also some classics. She say that she like me being well read but I think that sometimes my reading annoy her. She, and our mutual friends, sometimes tease me for being pretentious, but I'm hardened from spending years on Veeky Forums so it doesn't really bother me.

Yes your father is supposed to teach you. But not by sitting you down and giving you lessons.

She likes the fact. She doesn't read and to be honest shes not the brightest bulb but she's cute and likes to cook so I just count my blessings anyway

Then how? By writing you a letter then?

By observing how he acts towards your mother.
By encouraging you to do things.
By answering questions you ask him.

My gf likes John Greene
Is this a red flag?

>tfw Veeky Forums
>tfw Veeky Forums gf
I couldn't possibly be happier

>not getting /fitlit/ for your Veeky Forums gf
You don't deserve her

I do go to the gym with her yet I don't desire to become a mountain of muscle, all I want is to stop running out of breath when we're in bed. I'm using it as an opportunity to try audiobooks

My last girlfriend was a fucking bitch, and she stole some of my books. Thankfully, I still have my gold-leafed copy of the Illiad/Odyssey. She has Moby Dick, some HG Wells and The Idiot. I hope she reads them.

She also has my glasses and a monopoly board

>and a monopoly board
You should thank her. But why would she want your glasses?

>can't have both at once
Nigga you for real? I'm the laziest man alive and i still manage to work at the day time, write at the evening and spend the nights with my girl. Are you reading 10 hours a day?

Post work

she's read more than me, which isn't saying much. we want to read a book together but we have never found one that entices both of us in 'that' way, so we settled for the communist manifesto because it seems like oddly aesthetical thing to read as a couple. i really wonder how that'll go because she's not into politics at all and i renounced my interest in communist activism already.

My wife scrolls facebook for 6+ hours a day and once asked me if Japan is in Europe.

I don't think she can read

not lit
>

She dosen't read often, but she helps and support me in my book habita, so I cant complain.
She is a angel in my life.

found the fat virgin

try 8

try 22

its not Veeky Forums its fucking gay socializing shit

And a weeb to boot

gf is in an english phd program, i'm a fuckin pleb

My gf (male) likes to sit on my lap while I read to her

>He's had a girlfriend before
>He still browses Veeky Forums
Boggles the mind

Sad, but true. The worst is when you try to walk away (to diffuse the tension) and she follows you around. If you yell, she yells louder. If you ignore her, she yells louder. If you try to non-violently constrain her, she screams. This scenario is the final test of stoicism in praxis.

>coffee shops
nasty hos
>libraries
old mothers of 3
>bookstores
cat ladies

looking for serious answers pls

I don't know yet, my tulpa isn't finished

I feel like I'm too immature to ever be in a relationship. Will this feeling ever stop? Is reading making me more alienated from the role which I'm supposed to play in a relationship?

>girlfriend
o i am laffin

probably just reading glasses

lol at people calling you pretentious for reading. Maybe they're just myopic morons.

I'm so glad my dad wasn't around growing up. I love being alone.

>audiobooks
just focus on the exercising or you might injure yourself

I get her books and she is too busy to read. She is working hard on her math degree and research internship so I don’t judge. Also it’s not her native language so it’s slower for her, but she’s more than bright enough for the concepts. She’s clearly intelligent because she’s very fluent in English in less than 2 years, but I still have to help her on vocabulary and some grammar at times.

She doesn't like that I ignore her text messages when I'm reading. I'm usually reading or doing something when I'm not with her so it's pretty often.

She doesn't care either way. I usually read between classes. She's an avid reader but I don't know what she reads, I know her favorite book is The Princess Bride and she's a big Jane Austen fan so I guess that's pretty typical for a girl.

I mean, not everyone frequenting those places is going to be the cream of the crop. But for the times when you do see a qt there she's more likely to be Veeky Forums (or at the very least supportive of your Veeky Forumsness)

Tell me of this trick of yours!

She loved the way I am. Called me her little intellectual like she had me all mapped out in her mind before she met me - I fit the mold; I validated her pretensions.
Sweetest memory of a journey to France when I read to her 'The Unbearable Lightness of Being'. We did not finish the novel on our way home, but later in bed I would read to her all cuddled up.

I've been single for 3 years. Is there even hope at this point? I've spent most of that time alone and isolated from the world, lost in my inner world.

user these meaningless words hurt me

Not literature

>Tfw

the tism is a heavy burden user

eugh.. iktf

She reads some so I can’t complain too much. Likes To Kill a Mockingbird and One Hundred Years of Solitude. She’s premed so not a lot of free time to read.

My girlfriend doesn't like my reading because I read books by "old white men", but we lesbians can't be too picky.

I once broke up on the spot with a gf after she raged in public for reading instead of cuddling with her. Someone whiteknighted for her in the thread saying I was an asshole.

Yes but wouldnt it be rude to go up to them and interrupt their reading?

kill you are self

Nah.

>Girl I had a slight fling with a few months ago reconnected with me last week
>She's recently gotten really into reading
>We've talked about books every day. And talking more than we ever did before
>Gone out twice to book stores. Gone to her house and read
>Last time we got to talking about past relationships and our current status on relationships
>Says her last circumstance was with a guy she was friends with then they had sex and it was weird after
>She says she hasn't cared about guys or having any relationship in months
>h-heh yeah me too
Goddamint, I have no chance. I don't get it, she just randomly talks to me again after months, am I just the only person she knows who reads books or something?
I just wanna cuddle with her while we read

I read more than my (now ex) bf, and honestly I think it was a blow to his ego that started a whole bunch of issues that snowballed and lead to our breakup.

She reads books about buddhism and self help. She’s a qtpi though, very supportive and pretends to be into the stuff i’m into for my sake, so it doesn’t bother me much. Trying to get her to read more challenging stuff and she’s coming around a bit

Just ask her out on a date.

This.
She's just playing hard to get most likely.

small penis detected

He was average. Just didn't like me noticing him lying about reading books.

i will write a story while listening to fela kuti