I feel like I am getting smarter by reading VSIs

I feel like I am getting smarter by reading VSIs
My power levels are increasing day by day.
This bad boys are some good shit

Some are pretty good, some are absolute dogshit

I'm still sad I read Singer's introduction on Hegel.

That is the worst one that i have read, too.

some are fine, some are not subtle at all about being shitty activist books

>activism bad
If you actively try to be apoltical or not care about other people, you are even worse. Literally some anime otaku INTJ shit.

>Some are pretty good, some are absolute dogsh

That's pretty much can be applied to everything user

thats the danger of those books, you think you have grasped the subject by a simple overview of it. you can only find that out by reading one of a subject you deeply know.

also, french ones are better, they are all good and make clear its limitations, whereas the in the vsi there are indeed great ones but also weak ones, which cant be spotted by someone who doesnt know well the subject.

what if i don't have to try to be apolitical or not care about other people?

Then it's okay... you're probably just boring though... That INTP lazy gaze.

hopefully not as boring as personality types

they got one on the 'zoid spectrum?

So called apoliticality is a political stance in itself. Distancing yourself from the political progress is just one among political stances.

Any non-brainlet knows that I was referring to intellectual dishonesty LARPing as science, history, philosophy, etc.

Also Briggs-Meyers is 100% dogsh

Yes, obviously!!!!! Very implied there!

It's almost like this autistic board never gets sarcasm or irony.. hmmmm

>these

are you fucking kidding me?

He's right though

no he isn't you half brained dipcunt

It's true, just like isolationism is a foreign policy and not the absence of it.

Withdrawing from the political process has effects on said process. There is no way not to play.

>i am just naturally apolitical
>i have no ideology
>ads don't work on me

Do animals play? Do mentally incompetent people play? Does a baby? What about a hermit? Does he play if he goes into the forest at twenty, or does he not play if he is born in the forest and live there like an animal? What about trees, or ecosystems, or solar-systems?

Your attempted analogy makes no sense.

Ads "work" as a whole and not individually, nor do they "work" coherently or with pure intent. You might be nature bathing in a symbolic forest, but you're still listening to the wind and the birds and thinking they're dead spirits from the underworld. Every symbol and sign is no better than the noise inherent in the signal, and that noise has no intention, it is the inherent chaos of an unknowable amount of variables. That ideology is a coherent thing is stupid, and only valuable to people who make their lives presenting it as such. Zizek is a lion tamer who doesn't know he's mime.

If a political process requires agency, and all agents no matter what they do are involved in the process, who is an agent? And most importantly, what gives legitimacy to their agency? How is agency separate from what does not have agency, or what affect does environment have on the process?

I'm just taking your point to it's extreme in a different manner where a withdrawing is equal to the effect supposed nonagents have on the process.

You don't even need to dig that deeply, if you are a part of the polis you are integral to its politics. You are a citizen, therefore per definition part of its politics. A politically disinterested/disengaged citizenry has consequences just like an engaged one does. By being 'apolitical' you provide the politicians with certain incentives and influence their actions. Just letting your rulers to do whatever has consequences, it's a pretty simple concept.

What specific VSI-books are especially good?

oh fuck off

>dude everything is political man, that means it's okay to use my information advantage as a domain expert to write a partisan account that the layman doesn't recognise as such

there's a special little room in hell reserved for people who do this.

>being this mad that you can't escape responsibility

I never said that everything is political, just that opting out from participation in politics is a political choice with political consequences.

>Do animals play?
Yes, it's well-documented behaviour.

>Do mentally incompetent people play?
Yes, it tends to enrich their lives and can serve as a brief glimmer of great joy in an otherwise apathetic and unhelpful society.

>Does a baby?
That's how they learn.

>What about a hermit?
What about him?

>Does he play if he goes into the forest at twenty
Yes, that would be a solitary case of isolationism, apoliticality, and asexuality. Perhaps asocial, as well.

>or does he not play if he is born in the forest and live there like an animal?
As in the cases of children who lived in the wild with animals, our language is difficult if not incomprehensible for them. They do tend to know the politics and power games of the animals, however, and usually take a self-serving role of survivalist's cowardice.

>What about trees
What about them? They're nice, aren't they; helping us breathe?

>or ecosystems
Yes, ecosystems. Much like echosystems, but greater in scope and variety.

>or solar-systems
Are you a fucking moon-ist cuck? Are you going to tell Sol he-she can't fucking play politics with Venus, or the Milky Way Council? I deign to think so. Settle the fuck down, user.

>TL;DR Anything you consider to be "alive" plays some form of politics, whether you examine that as human-based social power-plays or the rules and guidelines living systems follow to reach conclusions or consensus, or rather, a point of ever-changing stability. If you say the Universe is alive, are you playing its politics or are you expecting it to abide by ours?

I just started reading "beauty a very short introduction" by Roger Scruton and I love it so far. Has anyone else read it?

>its a sociopathic parasites and weak people have a shouting match over sacrificial rites being unattended to thread
post-Vedic civilization was a mistake

>post-creation humanity was a mistake
You're on Veeky Forums, what did you expect?

The English Lit on is good. It sucks until the Chaucer part though

>Literally some anime otaku INTJ shit
M-May I use this quote for the back cover of my diary? desu