Pic related. How do I avoid that?

Pic related. How do I avoid that?

What books should I read to not just fill my head with information but actually live a fulfilling life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1W34wyKZlWQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bee urself

>optimizing for hedonism
wew lad

The pursuit of happiness is not hedonism. People need to stop equating happiness and pleasure.

social skills are a meme

youtube.com/watch?v=1W34wyKZlWQ

Just because somebody isn't an antinatalist misanthropic Cioran wannabe doesn't mean they're a hedonist you fag

just because someone isn't a hedonist doesn't mean they're an antinatalist misanthrope

This but unironically.

The two first steps are correct.
The third step is realising that information is useless and that understanding is all that counts.

Didn't Epicure teach pursuit of happiness at cost of short term pleasures?

John Stuart Mill did the same, but unfortunately he used the phrases "higher pleasures" and "lower pleasures". This was in response to Bentham's utilitarianism. He should have started with the Greeks and realised they'd already made a much more compelling argument.

But I don't want to interact with stupid people.

why are you here?

You won't learn how to live a fulfilling life from a book. You learn by practicing living.

A book may inspire you, but it won't teach you.

Very good question and very nice trips. Veeky Forums had some intelligent people on it as recently as a year and a half ago, I guess I'm just sort of hoping they come back.

>it's a "skill" to form connections with someone

you're already autistic

>"higher pleasures" and "lower pleasures"
Who did he start with, those inhabitants in the Indus River valley or across the Deccan plateau?

>damn I've connected with all this amazing knowledge from the greatest minds to grace the earth but I'll never make that "PR management" position! I've really owned myself!
get out of here

are you fulfilled by filling your head with information? If so then you've answered your own question

If not, just read books you enjoy but that also aren't objectively low in quality, don't feel pressured to even read a 'great work' if you feel it's got nothing to give you

I feel personally targeted by this image.

>DELETE RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This. Man doesn't seek happiness, he seeks to leave his mark on the world.

You should just do heroin instead

you can do both dummy

thats not how that meme operates

Yes it is.

He is realizing the height of stupidity is wasting time on literature. Jean-Jacques Rousseau himself said that he hated books, the best kind of knowledge was worldly knowledge.

You gotta read to learn this shit, plebe. Read moar. Oh wait, don't. IM SO CONFUSED

You're using your knowledge as a kind of armor, fronting it, because you are too scared to be vulnerable and genuine with other people and to cultivate interest in them.

People can sense that you are using this stuff to obscure yourself, and so it becomes ugly to them. It would actually be a resource otherwise because people are naturally curious even if it is only up to a point.