Post your favorite book, don't explain why it's your favorite

Starship Troops by Robert A. Heinlein.

Enders game.

Wont explain why cause OP is a faggot

patrish taste my friend

Close tie between this and Notes from the Underground. C&P inches it out because Notes is so damn depressing.

I like it because it's the ultimate critique of the sort of Nietzschean morality and atheism that's popular today. It teaches that within everyone, even a murderer and a prostitute, there is good, and where there is good there can be redemption. The price of declining redemption is shown by what happens to svidrigailov, you end up destroying yourself.

thanks user

Robinson is one of my favorite characters of all time

That isn't patrician taste stop wantonly using words you fucking PLEB

Lolita, because it indulged in my deepest phantasy and also happened to written by one of my favorite writers. As a story though it has flaws

CELLS INTERLINKED

bump

The Moon is Down by John Steinbeck

I enjoyed this.

Goodnight Moon

Anna Karenina

The Ego and Its Own

This, but Tyndale's translation.
>In comparison to what came before and after it's a favorite, Tartar Steppe otherwise.

This

LMAO HAVE YOU READ ONLY ONE BOOK?!

The Sound and the Fury for fiction.

Love, Poverty, and War for non-fiction.

Why? Because fuck you OP.

nice thumbnail dickhead

Of Time and the River

Solaris Lem, Child of god Mccarthy, For whom the belltolls you fucking know who

I'm not a book critic why the fuck should I explain why i liked something?

The Recognitions

Thick thighs save lives

Also, pic related.

life's a dream - calderon

i like not only it's message, but the way it encapsulates the overall style and message of the baroque period (the best literary period imho because it has the sublime, mystical, romantic quality of romanticism, but unlike it, it has deeper meaning and a moral message, which became washed out and vague by later ages)

Fuck Achebe

>don't explain why it's your favorite.

Great shit.

nice one, i always forget about this little gem

The mysterious Stranger, by Mark Twain.

Lolita

Funny, I just rec'd that to an user who was asking what books to read from Spain's golden age

Oops forgot a book: either the prince by Dostoyevsky or death on credit (or I think it's called death on the installment plan for you English speakers) by céline.

>he dosent speak french

This

Nice
Also nice, but my man Chinua is still good don't h8
Nice. I prefer Hell's Angels tho

>I don't know what a novel is

that trap sure looks luscious

Hell's Angels is a really good one. I want to go back and read 72 again I feel like I'll understand it more

I love this book.

havelaar must

Hemingway was the first thot patroller

Can you explain to me why this book is so popular? I love Hemingway, have read almost all of his work, but didn't love it, just liked his descriptions of Spain and the vibe of the fiesta. I might try it again if you can describe your enthusiasm for it.

it's good little novel about the dangers of thottery and aimlessness and nihilism of the lost generation. It's his best book IMO.

Hemingway taking the piss out of performative masculinity, something many have accused him of and I'm sure he recognized in himself.

Brett is the ultimate ball busting thot. She fucked her way into becoming a Lady. Playing every man for a fool, but Jake doesn't abide her crap for the most part. Jake is the most upright, outstanding, heroic male figure in the whole book. All these men are fighting for Brett's love but Jake's the only one she loves. He won't take her because he knows that story would only end in tears. He's everything a man should be, all the while without his genitals. Blown off the the war.

This too. You watch from Jake's perspective as his formless and purposeless compatriots devolve into squabbling, jealous, assholes.

who /bill/ here?

>stuff dogs
>fishing trips
>a cheeky pernod too many

>Brett is the ultimate ball busting thot. She fucked her way into becoming a Lady. Playing every man for a fool, but Jake doesn't abide her crap for the most part. Jake is the most upright, outstanding, heroic male figure in the whole book. All these men are fighting for Brett's love but Jake's the only one she loves. He won't take her because he knows that story would only end in tears. He's everything a man should be, all the while without his genitals. Blown off the the war.

nice get bud. I thought that Jake was madly in love with Brett, and she rejected him because of his genital situation. Why else would he go to Madrid to pick her up after Romero was through with her?

The Winter of Our Discontent

>muh goodness
go back to pray fag

He is, but he still rejects her. I can't remember the quote but she says "But we could try" with reference to them loving each other and running away together or something like that and he tells her no because it'd never work.

They love each other but he recognizes how important sex is to a relationship and wouldn't want her running around on him like she does her current husband. So he tell her to stop dreaming about a day they might be together and go on with her life.

Bill is chill.

Crime and Punishment. Brothers Karmazov was good but Crime gave me that paranoia itch I wanted scratched

Collected Fictions by Borges.

If you could only read one book in your fucking life make it this.

you are wrong.

That scene where him and his friend go fishing and then have picnic where they drink the wine that's been chilling in the rivers water.

comfy as fack/10

fuck you nigger

>Winter of our discontent
>Cover is clearly depicting mid summer

What if it's set in the southern hemisphere

i wish my favourite book was one of the meme trilogy so i could feel like a patrician. it's not fair.

The Vampire Armand

>that
>mid summer
Are you scandinavian?

Et vous ?

metro

im half the book and i already hate every single character. I mean they are so fucking miserable and horrible motherfuckers

Very good book that goes unmentioned far too often relative to other works of his.

Good book. I recommend pale fire

what an horrible idea for a thread you piece of shit. How fucking uninteresting. I hope your thread languors in the eternal archives WHORE!