What if he went out of his mind because God spoke to him, and told him everything he ever thought...

What if he went out of his mind because God spoke to him, and told him everything he ever thought, everything he ever wrote, everything he ever conceived was wrong, and then showed him proof?

Well, if that's what happened, God is one real fucking ass hole. But it certainly is a possibility.

thank you for sharing

use the fucking spoiler bars

Look. Nietzsche's thoughts disturb me and so I'd love to believe his insanity was a sign he was wrong or something. I'd love to believe he freaked out over the horse because pity wins in the end or whatever. Additionally, I'm also drawn to the romanticist idea that Nietzsche went insane from too much philosophy, that he grasped something human minds were not meant to grasp. But let's face it. He went insane cuz of some degenerative disease. That's it. If the horse story is even true, he probably didn't know what he was really doing. And if he did pity the horse, he was probably disgusted with himself for doing so. Either that or he viewed the horse as noble. Basically what I'm trying to get at here is that everyone who bullied me in middle school was right and they should have hurt me more

Nietzsche is by far the most intriguing and eccentric, also passionate of thinkers we can call a "modern" man, and peer; I only attempt to extrapolate upon his words.

Sorry, you're right. Dick move, on my part.

He would have believed in a psychotic episode.

>Hope. Pandora brought the jar with the evils and opened it. It was the gods' gift to man, on the outside a beautiful, enticing gift, called the "lucky jar." Then all the evils, those lively, winged beings, flew out of it. Since that time, they roam around and do harm to men by day and night. One single evil had not yet slipped out of the jar. As Zeus had wished, Pandora slammed the top down and it remained inside. So now man has the lucky jar in his house forever and thinks the world of the treasure. It is at his service; he reaches for it when he fancies it. For he does not know that that jar which Pandora brought was the jar of evils, and he takes the remaining evil for the greatest worldly good--it is hope, for Zeus did not want man to throw his life away, no matter how much the other evils might torment him, but rather to go on letting himself be tormented anew. To that end, he gives man hope. In truth, it is the most evil of evils because it prolongs man's torment.

True

>tfw even Neitzches preaches against masturbation

Nigga what

>As Zeus had wished, Pandora slammed the top down and it remained inside. So now man has the lucky jar in his house forever and thinks the world of the treasure. It is at his service; he reaches for it when he fancies it.

now that's a top tier interpretation user, bravo i say, this is why i'm a chronic alcoholic and attempt to ignore "muhdik" as much as possible

Oh my God Nietzsche talking about muh dick, which book is this

Human, All Too Human
his first definitive work

was he preaching against masturbating, or was he preaching against procreation???
he claims to be an optimist on many occasions, and yet seems to not only hold, but also give birth to a rather bleak and lonely world view
was he the original antinatalist in popular culture?

He's talking about hope. You guys are fucking obsessed with people touching their dicks.

>he doesn't realize the touching of one's dick is the definition of hope

I think he was scared of admitting that humanity self propels its self through the ideals of its good and evil, achieving both to a state of completion.

>For he does not know that that jar which Pandora brought was the jar of evils, and he takes the remaining evil for the greatest worldly good--it is hope,

>To that end, he gives man hope. In truth, it is the most evil of evils because it prolongs man's torment.

Masturbation isn't purely physical

>what is ego
>what is the Bible if it is about God
>God masturbating about his own Humanity and his power over people

the only thing Nietzsche was afraid of was self admittance, but i suppose that does apply somewhat
however, good and evil are, as he says throughout his writings, merely supposed extremes assigned to misunderstood conceptualizations conceived throughout mans' history
well i'm getting pretty wordy so what i really want to say is that Nietzsche did not fear anything, and maybe that was his greatest opposition, the seeking of fear. maybe if he'd found something to be afraid of he would have respected it and not gone fucking nuts
top kek just found pic relate, he's fat as fuck in it

He was afraid that men would stop reaching.
He was afraid that men would whip the horse to death, and 'fulfill' their needs.

you may be right, he was surely desperate for endless progress, so i take back what i said earlier about antinatalism
man, i kind of envy him at this point
he lived in a time where the conceptualizations and abilities of leaving Earth and space travel were just fairy tales. nowadays, we live in a time where mankind consciously limits exploration and freedom of thought
even though he went nuts, he was able to die before seeing any possibility of his hopes arise, and perhaps we have to believe he died peacefully, if not tolerably

God did it to Aquinas, who said "The end of my labors has come. All that I have written appears to be as so much straw after the things that have been revealed to me". He also did it to Pascal but at least Pascal got off easy.
Fucking hell, God.

The demiurge is truly an asshole

In civilization and its discontents, Frued notes hoow we have attained the power of gods and achieved so many satisfactions, and yet they all grow dull, even to the point where we envy the powerless primitiv, and we still hunger....

in short...
>"ignorance is bliss"

Too smart for Veeky Forums

God's ghost appeared before him and showed him the future of the world but what terrified him the most was what the future held for his works. He saw his descent into insanity, he saw the machinations of his sister, he saw that he was right about the eternal recurrence and thus he broke.

>and told him everything he ever thought
>thought
>neetzsche
>thinking

Pick one.

kek such emotionally insightful comment

In case anyone here's an idiot, the joke is there are multiple versions of Pandora's myth.

Bullshit. There is no God.

He was probably thinking about the ultimate difficulty level the übermensch could put before him. Being a complete altruist!

>They rule not because they want to but because they *are*; they are not free to be second.

This would put all his work in jeopardy and in need of a rewrite.