What his problem? Autism?

What his problem? Autism?

IQ to high

An extreme case of baseditis

Definitely autism.

Idealism and metaphysics. But Marx, Engels and Lenin solved it.

t. commie

This but post-ironically

>solved it
you mean ruined it

Since when has Hegel become this board's new favourite meme? I've seen far too many 19 year olds bashing their brains out over him.
I'm guessing the only reason any of these poseurs care about him is because his Phenomenology is the Finnegans Wake of philosophy. Embarrassing.

>why is one of the two most influential thinkers in the modern era so popular on Veeky Forums

Baffling

His problem was god

Does he have any worthwhile ideas other than idealism?

Nothing he was right he’s just kind of a bastard and probably killed some kids and drank their blood

Yes stupid dumb boy
One in particular is the reason he got so popular a hundred years after his death
Hmmm wonder what it could be

Who's the other one ?

Gotta be Marx or Freud desu

Autism?

don’t talk like that unless you’re a woman and if you are go walk naked in front of a pack of recently released jail niggers in a dark alleyway screaming that they’re spear chucking apes with an iron cross painted on your ass

If you're thinking of thesis antithesis synthesis I will punch you in the soul

the evolution of consciousness and cognition through culture

the dialectic as a non-formal development of a discursive concept into a greater body of discursive knowledge (Wissenschaft)

substance in the aristotelian and spinozist sense as being subject

metaphysics are more prior than epistemology

resolving the kant's dualism of phenomena-noumena

argument against solipsism

though, Hegel's idealism is of a pretty specific sort and is very far removed from most definitions of idealism
think the closest definition to his position (though he thinks naming positions is pretty irrelevant) is Absolute Idealism

>He was right
What the bloody fuck do you think you’re doing?

A bunch of impenetrable gibberish

Master-Slave dialectic how is it not.obvious ih becuaee you dont knwo shit yeah thats why okau huh??

As someone who doesn't read much primary sources of philosophy because of the language barrier, what's a good place to find out more about these ideas?

Kant obviously

Wookiepedia

i would say the hands-down best english works on Hegel would be Frederic Beiser's "Hegel", which is imo
the best introductory work in english and also H. S. Harris' "Hegel's Ladder" which is the fruit of decades of
scholarship and does section-by-section commentary of the Phenomenology of Spirit.
both are really good for context and discussing language quibbles around Hegel, and they are fairly clearly written.

also, it doesn't hurt to pick up the Miller translation of the Phenomenology as the Phenomenology, for however dense it is written,
does serve as the starting point of Hegel's system of Science.

Get the lobotomy first

>what's a good place to find out more about these ideas?
Cactus

no i am mean you are eat the cactus and find the right one though

slave’s self-recognition as self-conscious negativity in the outcome of his labor is not a result of his “antithetical” position vis-a-vis the master, nor of his “synthesis” with the master qua abstract freedom. instead we have the abstract, phenomenologico-narrative schematic for an unfolding of self-consciousness through its metabolism with nature, an unfolding that occurs historically.

Lol

>implying implying that dialectic implies sublation

lol at least Hegel was trying to be right

No matter which Hegel book I pick I don't understand anything he talks about.

Like I can read a sentence, I understand the words and their definitions but when they're stringed to a sentence in a Hegel book no matter the English translation I don't get it.

Just kill me God. I'm so fucking stupid I don't deserve to live.

Hegel isn’t worth your fucking time. Just move on and laugh Kierkegaard’s impressions of him.

Not even Witty was smart enough for Kierke, so I'm probably lackign 40 IQ points to get him

Alright then how about you just go and have a nap?

I'm reading about other people reading because I'm too low IQ to close PC and read myself.