Why does Veeky Forums hate John Green again?

Why does Veeky Forums hate John Green again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1LAhHDEtTD0&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He's bad and popular

because he's everything Veeky Forums isn't

too much S O Y

>mr "i judge ancient civilizations using modern standards and i don't see anything wrong with that" man

fpbp

Girls like him but they don't like me

This soy meme is top quality. I laugh every time I see it. I'm an incredibly simple minded person though.

Guy is retarded

le alexander the misogynist face

Because he's a tall white Chad and Veeky Forums is full of resentful little mongrels

That's a fair argument, you're a brainlet if you think virginity means anything.

>My lover fucked 48 people previously
>I ate 49 different breakfasts
>These things are the same

I actually don't get, I mean I do, knida, he is popular and succesfull, unlike you and he gained his statu by writing stuff, that seems trite and appeals to teenage girls (and teenage girls are despised too)

But to be real, his stuff is among the smartes ya novels I read. He explores philosophical concepts of self, personhood and fate and introduces the readers to a lot of classics.

Some people prefer their sex to be intimate and significant. I'm not saying that as a moral argument, but personal preference.

What is a metaphor

hey ya brainlet, if you don't get allegories and metaphors, you might wanna switch boards?

>what's a metaphor?

He's asking you to find the difference between the two. What makes eating a different cereal so different from fucking a bunch of guys that it is deserving of shame?

>I'm not saying that as a moral argument, but personal preference.
Personal preference for immorality

Shit y'all beat me to the snappy "whats a metaphor" quip

Yeah, that's a totally fair perspective. But it doesn't justify shaming people for their sexual preferences.

this is fair, I personally have nothing against his writing, I just wish he would stay the fuck away from history

Even though it is, you can't deny that comparing the two is fair. Then again, simply looking at the numbers without context and judging a person based on those numbers is unfair as well.
If one knows the background of the girl, or guy, and how quickly he/she chose to have sex with a partner, it is indicative of what that person feels towards the act of sex. You can infer that sex is not that important if the person had slept with multiple people casually (e.g. a one-night-stand), or at least not seen as something you only do with those you are more deeply attracted to than just mere appearance.

Because he writes shitty tween literature and is pretentious.

It's a bad metaphor you fucking idiots and it's intentionally bad to push an agenda.

Apparently people are just like cheerios and there's no predictive value in knowing anything about your partner's sexual history. You as an individual apparently stand completely alone from your historical behavior patterns.

It is not the knowledge, but the judgement part he critizes ... I guess John Green just goes over your head

I don't know if you went to class in high school, but sometimes a metaphor can be used to point out the differences between two subjects! Wow! He wants you to realize how dissimilar cheerios and people are so you can understand his point!

And there is nothing wrong with knowing your partners sexual history, the issue he takes is shaming that person for it, which is something you can't morally defend.

The judgement is a result of the predictive value of knowing the behavior. Yeah you're right maybe he's just too big brained to be governed by pattern recognition.

Social shaming is entirely morally defensible and you're deluding yourself if you think otherwise.

>Defending shameless sluts

Holy whiteknight in here

You can prefer not to have a partner that apparently doesn't value sex the same way you do. It is true that that is a mere difference of opinion but in my experience (which is entirely limited and not applicable to every girl or guy), if you sleep around a lot, you probably see sex as something that isn't all that personal or intimate.

But yeah; in the end, it is about how you view sex, and a moral judgement is based solely on that.

because he's as smart as us but he's actually productive

here's some good advice on productivity from his twin
youtube.com/watch?v=1LAhHDEtTD0&feature=youtu.be

He gets pussy and is popular with teenage girls. I'm feeling the hatred rise within me at this very moment.

i actually like his crashcourse videos. i just hate his writing.

Who hates cuckolds? They're hilarious.

>because he's everything Veeky Forums isn't
Successful and confident?
Also, checked

you are a mindless hedonist that will cheat on your partner on the first chance out of lust and will present it with a dejected look and a "i'm sorry i don't know what came over me i still only love you"

meaningful relationships between persons should never be considered comparable to the triviality of what you eaten for breakfast.

More like

>cheerios that have been chewed and spit up 48 times

jfc stop with the soy