Unironical philosophy general

fellow Veeky Forumsards i challenge you to list 5 contemporary works of philosophy or thought that you unironically like

>Veeky Forumsards
>i challenge you
>list 5 works
>unironically

JUST POST FUCKING NORMALLY

JUST WRITE IT LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN BEING

make me

Sorry, I Were Just Outside of Barstow on the Edge of the Desert When the Autism Kicked In.

I don't read contemporary.

kek

>Sorry, I Were Just Outside of Barstow on the Edge of the Desert When the Autism Kicked In.

Translation: i'm pretty fucking tired so i can kinda only speak autism right now, sorry if it's bugging you senpai.

Social Credit Theory, distributist shit, Philippa Foot’s shit, DemSoc things(Rawls is pretty cool), and Ratzinger’s writings.

Does anyone?

H O M O S A C E R
O
M
O
S
A
C
E
R

I read contemporary philosophy of science journal articles.

A Review of B. F. Skinner’s Verbal Behavior

I don't read much but I do think quite a lot so here's something better, five things I'VE come up with:

>as traditional forms of content are being fully exhausted, the world is moving towards meta-content which can be produced infinitely, given that you can keep adding layers
>see: how humor has evolved, from simple things like funny occurrences and circumstances to irony, sarcasm and nihilism. Instead of actually funny things we get things like anti joke, deadpan and ceaseless self awareness like Louis CK

>as science develops, it becomes increasingly abstract and universal, eventually moving towards a wholistic understanding of the world
>see: super abstract pattern recognition theories like systems theory or semiotics

>people are a lot less in control of themselves than they think: we do stuff that doesn't really make any rational sense, but our brains cognitive areas are good at coming up with seemingly rational reasons for us acting so and fooling us into thinking that our rationale is the actual foundation of our behavior
>see broken relationship dynamics, attachment patterns, reckless behavior, repeating mistakes

>Plato's forms apply to everything, including humans. Although people are generally of the understanding that everyone is different, with say, different tastes in partners, friends, hobbies etc, we are all actually in our very core the exact same - we all want to be known, successful, loved and in love, and have a nice family life. People tend to overestimate our needs and the importance of cognitive planning and decisions as opposed to simply following our instincts
>why we seem different is because we've all been molded by different experiences that have made the ideals we all used to have change on a surface level. But we're all incarnations of the same very few instincts and wants
>see: all children pretty much dream of the same shit, play the same games, etc. If some of you were very different (shy, avoidant, whatever) it may have largely been that you've had traumatizing experiences. But generally we seem to be nearly identical until life starts molding or psyches.

>as civilization progresses, it will bring its subsets more tightly together until differentiation of the single subsets, the individual, becomes impossible from the superset, the civilization. The subsets lose independence as the superset becomes more effective.
>see: the formation of multicellular life, the increasing regulation of our lives. While it may seem that the individual has gained more freedom in recent times (identity politics, dykes, gays, transsexuals, political freedoms, etc), that's only an illusion. In reality we're more regulated than the medieval serfs. We have to follow traffic rules, social norms, ethical norms and etiquette a lot more than in the past. For a quick example - you're not able to justifiably beat up/kill someone who has gravely offended you or your family despite the fact that it's an instant (and normal) reaction

Self-Constitution—Christine Karsgaard
Dark Ecology—Timothy Morton
We Have Never Been Modern—Bruno Latour
Immaterialism—Graham Harman
and, if it counts as contemporary:
After Virtue—Alasdair MacIntyre
if not:
Less Than Nothing—Zizek

Process Metaphysics - Nicholas Rescher
Quantum Ontology - Peter J Lewis
Supersizing the Mind - Andy Clark
The Omnibus Homo Sacer - Giorgio Agamben
The Onlife Manifesto - Luciano Floridi et al.

Bonus: anything on theoretical sociology by Jonathan H. Turner and political science by Giovanni Sartori

Thanks! Keep em' coming if you have more. I'll look into them.

This

We need to put a 'Trinity Tier' that's the catholic symbol but with 'Pretending Ratzinger is still the Pope' written below.

>Starship Troopers by Robert Heinlein
>Doctrine of Fascism by Benito Mussolini
>..fuck that's it
Everything else is either Renaissance or earlier. Machiavelli and Marcus Aurelius to name two. I've been really interested in Oswald Spengler and Julius Evola, but I haven't actually read either yet

read the sticky