I love Joe Rogan, regardless of how midwit Veeky Forums defines him as...

I love Joe Rogan, regardless of how midwit Veeky Forums defines him as. However I can't stand Jordan Peterson and his nonstop political ramblings.

On a different note, how does Veeky Forums feel about Henry Rollins?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/o-xMkHgan0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=xIhyZaA8yqo
nme.com/news/music/billy-corgan-shapeshifter-2151029
youtu.be/AyRDDOpKaLM
youtube.com/watch?v=k2FF6aAbHow
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Henry Rollins is the absolute worst, and I'm not even against angry macho guys

His overwhelming ego and the way he constantly praises himself annoys the shit out of me, cause that's the complete opposite of what he preaches.

Henry Rollins *lives* a cool life, so sure, take that as a guide. But what a fucking moron he really is.

Yes. That's exactly what I'm getting at.

Which is pathetic considering that is also the opposite of the Black Flag ideology. I think he filled his head with too many ideas regarding individualism.

Closet gay with daddy issues who doesn't have the guts to come out. Politically, he's irrelevant and stuck in the 90s. He had kind of a cool life 25 years ago, and has been riding the laurels since then.

Agree on the irrelevant part, seems to be the trend with punks from the 80s. See Jello Biafra, Lee Ving and Johnny Rotten.

Our single mod needs to do something, this is annoying, OP you're a fucking moron

He's a cool guy as long as he doesn't speak.

nerve has been struck oof

t. midwit

how can be rogan smaller than henry "the manlet" rollins?

unfortunately I can relate to this kind of behavior. i think chronic low self esteem gives you this split obsession with big egos where you see the toxicity of it in others but still have to prove to yourself your own worth by the same measure. when i see an egotist like rollins in real life who is essentially playing a character and always reflecting themselves back in everyone elses actions I feel sick, and then I see that I'm doing the same thing.

I feel like that's a natural human reaction. Anyone who isn't an outright cocky jackass probably has this feeling because they're at least considering and trying to make themselves aware of not acting like an arrogant prick.

>putting Mill, Marx and Machiavelli in the same basket with Peterson

+ Marcus Aurelius and Sun Tzu

Typically the people calling others midwit fit the bill perfectly

youtu.be/o-xMkHgan0Y

Imagine being 15 and getting mindfucked by Henry Rollins

Seeing Henry talk about this nowadays makes me cringe

>public land owner
what did he mean by this?

Joe is a huge advocate on public lands and I think he may be referring to the fact that all people are entitled to public lands in the US cause that legislation is under a lot of attack currently

Watch anything with Joe and Cam Hanes and it explains it further

Henry Rollins is an edgy dweeb. A man with a right-leaning archetype but adopted lefty positions somewhere along the line.

i want to know what corgan told joe about the shapeshifter. they can't just not tell us. we need to know.

I would take anything Billy Corgan says with a grain of salt. That dude is a fucking moron. He should've been the grunge era musician to go instead of Chris Cornell.

Public land as in free to roam forests, parks, etc.?
Or public land as in "I can settle anywhere, fight me bitch"?
I don't watch/listen joe so I wouldn't know how to find that info without sitting through hours of podcasts.

Henry Rollins is a fucking dipshit retard who can't sing and hardcore punk fans are the worst.

Hey I know I'm going to deliberately (because of mental incapacity) play badly and then act as though that makes it artistic. I know, I'll put a half baked retarded adolescent ideology behind it!

So edgy! It's all about le energy man.

Every time I see a guy with a patch jacket/vest on I want to smack him in the head with a hammer and let air into that vacuum.

>complaints about teenagers acting on impulse and emotions
>Every time I see a guy with a patch jacket/vest on I want to smack him in the head with a hammer and let air into that vacuum.

Free to roam, hunt or fish
Don't bother sitting through podcasts, he posts a lot of stuff online regarding it as well

Henry rollins is like 60 years old.

Is there anything more embarassing than old metal and punk fans?

I mean when they were rocking out in their 20s it was cool but now they just seem fucking nuts

Look at Ian MacKaye, dude is fucking wack

nigga i didn't care he took too much acid and too little to go full robert smith at the first albums, i just want to hear about shapeshifters and shenanigans.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcUza_wWCfA

Biggest homo around
youtube.com/watch?v=xIhyZaA8yqo

Oh, I see. 2bh all arguments about free land have been counter argued well already, dunno what I would find with him.

Henry Rollins is a product himself, he makes money by selling this idea of a man, his speeches, his celebrity, etc. So it makes sense for him to keep doing it.
Still, him being like that doesn't negate the fact that your criticize a movement and ideology for being emotionally reactive and then failing to see you're being the same way.
I'm not saying he's right, just that your way of thinking is just like Rollin's himself, someone who preaches shit and fails to recognize how they fit into what they shit on.

nme.com/news/music/billy-corgan-shapeshifter-2151029

He shared with Howard Stern

ily user
www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjvfIJstWeg

I criticize it for being poor quality music sold simply on a narritive of authenticity. The same narrative offered by most pop music including jazz, blues, rock, country, r&b, folk, and hip hop. It literally offers nothing besides foolish ideology and hollow image. It's shit. I am not criticizing emotionally charged music. I am criticising the idiocy of punk fans. The world would be a better place without them.

>right-leaning archetype
in no way shape or form

>archetype

>music sold simply on a narritive of authenticity
What is authentic to you? you can dismiss everything with this statement:
>It literally offers nothing besides foolish ideology and hollow image
Aren't you superimposing your idea of what things are now to the whole history of how things came to be, instead of understanding the authenticity of the ideological origins?
What makes jazz or punk less valid than dunno what music you'd consider authentic.
Why are the initial struggles or ideas dismissed because the children born from those ideas then expand them in ways you don't consider authentic?
Again, you don't have to like them, but I do consider punk an interesting reactionary culture, it rejected strongly modernist ideas and put the failures of a system in view in a way that young people adopted at the time, just like many others movements in other times.

kys

It isn't about if it is authentic or not dipshit. That is a selling tactic. Merle Haggard is sold with the gimmick that he has been to prison. 2pac, much of the same. Punk is sold on the same gimmick that these guys are really real. The difference is that Merle Haggard can sing and 2pac can rap. Punk bands can't do either and they can't play their instruments at a rudimentary level.

But the point was literally that:
>I criticize it for being poor quality music sold simply on a narritive of authenticity.
ALL ideology is sold like that.
Also, dismissing a movement because of technical abilities is just insane. Would you consider worker's movements dumb because they are not literate white collar ones?

And why the fuck do you get so aggressive with me, are you henry rollins? lmao.

Also the fucking point I was trying to make was that dismissing ideologies for being "foolish" or just by stating your dislike of a group causes problems.

>dismiss right wingers as illiterate rednecks
>Brexit, Trump, and overall right ideas rise simply because of a reactionary action towards being dismissed
>dismiss the population and social ideas because "lol prole, ur poor and dum"
>marx happens

Anyway, fuck it, you're dumber than Rollins.

Asking a musician to be technically as competent as rap or country is seriously not much to ask. And yes. I would dismiss the illiterate.

My point is that the main selling point is authenticity. Authenticity is offered in most other genres but those actually offer music to go with the gimmick. Punk does not offer music, it's star persona without talent. It's an extremely good scheme to extract money from the mentally feeble without effort though.

exactly, user. what, are you gonna say camus is not midwit-tier either because hes a serious "philosopher"?
mill gets a pass but the commie manifesto/meditations/the prince are fucking memes(and pretty accessible too) among the midwits.
can you believe those people really think theyre intelligent because theyve read those 50 pages of marx' autistic rant?

>that Greg Ginn "woah"
fucking kek

Damn this is really accurate, Stirner will trigger some people though

They aren't midwits, but their fans are. That's the point. Ben Shapiro graduated harvard law Cum Laude, he's genius tier, but his fans are midwits. The communist manifesto is literally for people who can't read his work

>A man with a right-leaning archetype but adopted lefty positions somewhere along the line.
lmao i know people like this it's me

Kys.

He's like a character played by Christian Bale.

He's one of the few people whose political ramblings became irrelevant once Bush left office. This was a joke among "rednecks" in the mid 2000s. Actually taking it upon yourself to be that much of a tool is amazing.

Would anyone support a petition to ban the use of Veeky Forums in favor of /literature/ to let shitposters know what board they're on?

that doesn't even make sense, so no.

Do we need a whiner board for shitbags like you? People are engaging in conversations that have been topical lately here. If you find that to be too much for you to handle, take a few days off.

>caring this much despite being so obviously new that you missed out on the glory days of Veeky Forums back when it was actually good
a-wew

>acting on
>i want to
How are you this retarded?

Lost all respect after he wrote a self-serving article reflecting on Robin Williams' suicide, wherein he explained how he "just didn't get it." The whole thing was like reading some Reaganite bitch about why people with severe mental illness can't just stop whining and "rest in power." Like damn dude are you that much of a fucking asshole? And you're gonna write that shit right after he died? Then he wrote a response article because everyone called him out and he was like "I still don't get it but whatever, sorry."

Fuck him and fuck black flag. Even though he defined a movement, he's a poser

>Babby is upset.

Kys cuck.

so you advertise your edgy impulses, but you're what, redeemed by being too weak to act on them?

Henry Rollins is 10/10 in theory and 4/10 in execution.

Despite him acting like a massive pseud and always posturing as some kind of wise sage, I loved his work with Black Flag and he's the one who inspired me to start lifting weights.

Where did the “Joe Rogan is a closet fag” meme come from?

Joe Rogan

You're a soft little bitch if that offends you.

>I'm afraid of monsters
t. Joe the homo rogan

Don't cut yourself on that edge

He's busy deleting Lobsterposting threads. Because Rogan threads are more Veeky Forums than DFW, D&G, Sartre and Peterson.

Yes, Peterson's so stupid that he's a well-respected lecturer who's held positions at top universities as well as a researcher, P.H.D, and clinical psychologist. I'm sure the 20 somethings on Veeky Forums who have read a couple books of French theory are much more intelligent and educated than he is.

don't be silly, nobody's read French theory on Veeky Forums

b-but user! He only name dropped Dostoevsky once in a single paragraph in his bestselling book! He's a fraud I tell you! A fraud!

I also don't get /lit's/ midwit obsession with criticising really good books because they're supposedly 'beneath them'. Huxley and Orwell were good writers. Brave New World and 1984 are good books. Dostoyevsky is good; Jung is good; Joseph Campbell is good, etc. People on this board seem to think that to be perceived as intelligent they have to relentlessly critique things that are popular. It's embarrassing and juvenile.

>Thank god I'm not a Jungian
Jung, on Jungians, and by extension Campbell and Peterson, you Star Wars fanboy

Henry IS a Reaganite.

Damn, that's retarded. Your boy got the tism, pretty sure.

I should add I did enjoy listening to him ramble about his hard early years a few times. Listening to him now, talking about walking through Tibet or wherever, throwing money around trying to make a difference... the guy has become just like every other rich white liberal.

See?

I think this is probably the most agreeable statement on this topic.

Henry Rollins is a shithead. He rails against any band that's moderately successfully and anything that's not guitar music because he thinks punk is the only thing that matters. He still thinks he's a relevant figure in music.

dude that logic is so retarded

>He rails against any band that's moderately successfully and anything that's not guitar music
well this is untrue

yeah I don't know where the fuck this came from
Henry is extremely well educated in all kinds of music. He was a punk/metal elitist in the 90s but that claim is completely false today

Oh i see, you are such a literature hipster !
Atlas Shrugged, Machiaveli ??
Jesus Christ, the state of this board...

Old punks have been railing against The Man so long they never noticed that they became The Man.

I guess I don't understand why people get so upset over their existence. Joe Rogan and Henry Rollins are both charismatic, disciplined and articulate people. That doesn't mean they're smart or correct all the time (or even very often), but I think they say things in an interesting enough way to justify hearing them speak. You don't have to agree with somebody to take pleasure from hearing them talk

Rollins is a past-his-prime blowhard and Rogan is a New Age Alex Jones. But they're not incapable of saying something insightful or at least entertaining. Rogan especially, he's an excellent interviewer. I listen to his podcast every once and while depending on the guest and usually enjoy myself

What's midwit for, people of medium intelligence?

Absolutely agreed. Other than the "New Age Alex Jones" bit, since that man is an absolute loose screw. I think both of these men have respectable qualities about them, even if there are also some that are harder to respect. I also think their fanbases have altered people's perception of them, which is just unfair.

In this post you can actually see the exact moment when a midwit realizes he's a midwit

Didn't he say that like house music wasn't real music like 15 years ago?

house is barely music to anayone educated in classical, jazz etc

neither is punk music then
most punk rockers were barely proficient at their instruments and knew only a few chords. They just played short, fast, and loud songs.

what do i care

Well you're in a thread about a punk musician.

youtu.be/AyRDDOpKaLM
That's probably what you're thinking off.

>family man, family.. MAN
>you're such a man when you're puttin' up your Christmas lights
lol gets me errtime
youtube.com/watch?v=k2FF6aAbHow

He's never made good enough music to shit on other bands the way he does. Black Flag was as awful as the "movement" around it.

All of this people fit in perfectly, especially Marx and Aurelius.

yup lmao

Steve Albini is like that too. Some producer on XL Recordings (big name indie label from the 90s) who makes like weird dubstep and techno-inspired stuff kinda like Aphex Twin wanted to sample something Albini had done. And the dude responded back with an angry email about how electronic shit isn't real music and is for mindless numbskulls with no taste.

i like how this really covers all the midwit bases

another retard who thinks if you're successful in one thing you're automatically an expert on everything
shut the fuck up brainlet

baby boomers were never not the man.

>ctrl f
>'family man'
ur keeping the dream alive