Anyone else refuse to read American literature?

Anyone else refuse to read American literature?

Wow missing out on some of the worlds best authors

>This is what Americans are taught to believe
Yeah, DFW and Pynchon are truly in the top 10 authors of all time...

Ernest Hemingway, mark twain, and John Steinbeck are top tier authors

Seconded. Jane was a hack

A brainlet stance, if ever there was one.

You're missing out on roughly half the literature produced in the English language - the language spoken by the most powerful nations the world has had in the last two centuries, essentially, the language of the ruling class.

Could you call a man intelligent who, in the Greco-Roman ages, refused Greek and Roman literature? No, history couldn't either. That is why we predominantly study the ancient literature of major civilizations.

In any case, enjoy your status as a feature of modern ignorance and one among the many resentful envious.

>hemingshit

>Le 56%-er muttsplains the importance of the English language to a real Anglo

>A real Anglo
Lol doubt it.

>a real Anglo
ok Ahmed

>56%

yo why do people think we're more attractive and fun to be around than you and why is our weather better and our animals more exotic and our landmarks more remarkable? its just weird you know, we have all these beautiful mountains, forests, rivers, lakes, deserts, temperate rainforests, swamps, and you just have smelly bogs and plains and some marshes and that's it? wat gives?

>Raped by Romans
>Raped by Saxons
>Raped by Dane's
>Raped by Franco-Dane rape babies
True anglos everyone

>people think we're more attractive and fun to be around
Is that what your schools tell you? The absolute state of American (((education))).

What exactly is your point? That's what an Anglo, a member of the greatest race on Earth, is.

Pic related is an Amerimutt. Look, how pure their lineage must be.

>yo
stopped reading there you fucking troglodyte
you will speak the queen's english, god save her, or you will fuck off

You're nothing but the beta rape babies of mightier races.

Even the royal family is awash in Portuguese blood. And now an American quadroon!

There is no intrinsic achievement in squirting out of your father's nutsack.

>There's no intrinsic achievement in being a member of a superior race
Just like there's no intrinsic achievement in having genes that make you attractive or smart?

>reading English literature

There isn't. There is an intrinsic ADVANTAGE. Since you clearly possess no intellect to speak of, I hope you're pretty.

I have an IQ of 150 so you'll have to back the fuck up, Travis.

la bestia enfurecida...

>tfw British

these faces always genuinely give me a chuckle because of how retarded they are
also, you are free to refuse to read any kind of literature you want. I have spent way too much time around Russians and have bad associations because of my family so the idea of reading Russian lit makes me uncomfortable, for instance

>Gaddis
>Faulkner
>Melville
>Twain
>Nabokov kinda
>Steinbeck
>Gass
>Whitman
>Thoreau
>Pound
>O’Connor
>Hawthorne
>T.S. Eliot
>Arthur Miller
>Tennessee Williams

All great authors off the top of my head.

That's Spanish.

>this thread

Don't forget Crane and Wallace

>Straight
>Gay
>Gay
>Straight
>Bisexual AND Russian
>Straight
>Gay
>Gay
>Gay
>Straight
>Bisexual
>Straight
>Straight BUT abandoned America
>Bisexual
>Queer as a bottle of chips
What does this say about America?

less about America and more about how well queermos can write

america is the great satan of course

one of the greatest writers of the British Isles liked sniffing the farts straight out of a woman's ass
writers and artists in general tend to be sexual deviants

Who?

>comparing a patrician tier fetish to disgusting sodomites

:3c

Joyce was Irish, as I'm sure you know, as Ireland is no longer part of the British Isles. No doubt because of sick fucks like him.

*and Ireland

>look mom, I posted it again!

>ITT: American Anglos try to reconcile their pride in their heritage with their hatred of all things un-American
Come home, Anglo. I know (((they))) haven't destroyed all of your identity.

>tfw G-d Save the Queen will soon be replaced by G-d Save the King

Whenever anyone mentions IQ, I know that I can immediately discount their opinion. Also, sage because this thread is garbage, and not literature.

>Anyone else refuse to read American literature?
>Not literature
Spotted the double-digit IQ.

Northern Ireland

>Born in Dublin
Durrrrrrrr

>Polizei

Lel yeah that pic is actually accurate, but not for the reason you think it is

Why not? Their work can provide the same perspective Brazilian, Mexican, etc. literature generally provides - the viewpoint of a new worlder who has no background, history, or culture trying to invent himself using nothing but his own talents. When a European or African or Asian is born, they inherit centuries of history, folklore, epic tales, heroes, musical styles... they have an identity given to them for nothing, and their work can explore what life is like with these ancient identities mixing with the current. Even the Congolese and Ukrainians and Macedonians can do this. But an American? He has nothing. He is a summation of all of his own achievements.

I partially agree with op. I dont avoid all of American lit but i throw any book in the corner that is styled as the great american novel. I have no time for shit like that.

American folk and country music was inherited from their anglo and celtic ancestors along with language and philosophy.
American literature builds on these ties too.
America has existed for centuries now too, there are centuries of folklore and musical styles inherited from Americans now.

tldr: ur an branlet

It's not based in ancient history so it's not real. Everyone but Amerifats universally agree on this.

Australia beats you on every single one of those points

la creatura....

Blacks and non males are the only people I refuse to read.

You won't be missing out on anything user

>a corncobber is buttfrustrated becuase Austen's subtlety flies above his head

>don't forget a puffed up footnote to modernist poetry and a literal meme
ew

so are americans

pynchon is

This thread gives me hope. Seeing so many lib threads I thought Veeky Forums was lost but this thread gives me hjope that Veeky Forums will be on the winning side if the Race War.
Save Europe brothers

no one gives a shit about europe you bootlicking racist

fuck off kike

Fuck off you Amerimutt nigger. Die in your brown shithole while the white people make the world

>m-muh race!!!

puhthetic

t. Amerimutt soyboy with no race to be proud of

where does that leave you then you retard?

not even american, faglord

....la bruja de los mulatos....

el partisano de la tierra de Sión!

guys, stop

I never understood this Amerimutt meme. Because white Americans are mixed with other European ethniticies they're mutts? But aren't a many Europeans also mixed with other European countries? Like British and Polish, Italian and French, etc.

Refusing to read anything is willful ignorance. You're not required to read absolutely everything, but refusing to read anything especially the literature of an entire nation is willful ignorance. Even if American literature was brainless mush that isn't worth the paper it's written on, it can tell you some American viewpoints, it can tell you HOW ignorant America is, and so if you end up discussing the failure of American literature then you can actually talk about how and maybe even WHY it is trash.

Though just to be clear, I don't have such a view on American literature, but merely explaining why I think it's willful ignorance (thus wrong) to refuse to read anything.

the joke is mixing the fact that america is overall 56% white with the fact that individual americans are 56% white too which doesn't follow

it's a meme that US /pol/ meetups look very diverse

No it isn't. It's this

Most 'white' Americans have some degree of Indian or Black ancestry

That doesn't seem to be just an American thing though, many white supremacists throughout history haven't been fully white, there were even some Jewish nazis. Also isn't /pol/ a board filled with people of many political ideologies, so just because you go to a /pol/ meet up doesn't mean you're a neo nazi

It was a meme made on /pol/ but was popularised on /int/ to make fun of the fact that white people make up 56% of the US population, to imply that the ethnic makeup of the average individual American is 56% white, hence the mutt

People have used it to make fun of white American supremacists on /pol/ but you have to remember that the people making fun of them essentially have the same ideology

Where are you getting this statistic from?

>mocking America with a picture from Germany

to boast about not reading any segment of literature has to be one of the highest levels of ignorance.

i would bet 100 quid OP is a heavy consumer of US produced video games.

It's a meme made to mock ameritards who say dumb shit like "yuuuroop is gonna be Brazil by 2030" and who lecture others on what parts of the world are white.
Also to make fun of ameritards in general, which is always a good thing.

I love how worthless mongrels like you take so much pride in the accomplishments of men that wouldn't even spit on your face. How does it feel to have literally no hopes of achieving anything? Of making anything? Do you really think that you're destined to some greatness, simply because you were born close to better men, or share the same religion or language? You're so pathetic that you can't even ride their coattails, and that makes you a useful tool in your masters' hands. Kill yourself.

This might possibly be the dumbest post I've read on here in some time.

>It's so hard being a rich woman choosing between rich suitors
What a subtle and compelling story m8

A proud Dane.

Not really. Think about the sheer amount of pretentious, ostentatious showy bullshit you have to wade through in European literature. It’s like The Great Gatsby but no matter what book you read.

Nobody likes country and folk music.

lol

Americans should be banned from Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, and Veeky Forums. Their country has never made a great novel, a great scientist, and it has no history. Their mutt nature makes them incapable of appreciating some essential parts of being human, like having heritage and history. Americans would almost be pitiful if they weren't so fat, hideous, stupid, and obnoxious. If every American was round up and killed in 1776 the world would be objectively better.

>no Emerson

The absolute state of American literary circles

>this thread

Absolute nonsense fueled by jealousy. Typical Veeky Forums.

>Americans would almost be pitiful if they weren't so fat, hideous, stupid, and obnoxious.

And yet we run the world

Communism will win

F
R E N T
E
E

Poe's the only one that could be argued into top 10 writer status (at least currently).

>he thinks novels matter
Holy shit, what a pleb. Let me guess you judge all music as albums too.

Massachusetts - population of 7 million

Canonical writers born in the 150 year history of Massachusetts

- Poe
- Dickinson
- Emerson
- Thoreau
- Hawthorne
- Longfellow
- Lowell
- Updike
- Leary
- Eggers