"Reddit Stoicism"

I see this term used thrown around, what does it entail and how does it compare to genuine Stoicism?
How is a numale in any Stoic?

Reddit Stoicism is just mindfulness with the Stoic philosophers as their reference, tied with a near worship of Marcus Aurelius. Reddit Stoicism isn't philosophy, it's a circlejerk between idiots amazed at the fact that it's possible to resist appearances.

Stoicism was the reddit-tier ideology of its day.
>God-Tier
Neoplatonism
>Good-tier
Peripatetic School
Middle Platonism
>Decent Tier
Skepticism
Pyrrhonism
Pythagoreanism
>Reddit-tier
Stoicism
>Dog-shit tier
Cynicism
Epicureanism

The most noteworthy thing Aurelius did was write that book

Probably the least noteworthy thing he did.

Get the fuck out of here you little cunt

I don't think it was even really a "book" meant for publishing. It was basically his diary.

This only upside down

So it's just giving each other handjobs over Mark, and not really DOING Stoicism?

Lol u mad

Woah

lol fucking BITVCHdeep down you know I'm right about this.sswhy are you here?

Aurelius was the last great emperor

the last great emperor was the one who died when BYZANTIUM fell to the turks

>Great
>Losing to nomadic sand niggers
I think you have carried this b8 on long enough

the whole philosophy is for people who lead a maggot existence of cringing, trembling, averse to resistence or conflict and are scared of dying in pain or without goodies afterwards. Its the opposite of an embrace of life or a kind of quietism that's respectable like epicureans have where they just munch on yummy foods and hang out with friends and try to be comfortable and live in peace, you guys try to lionize being the universe's fuck doll and its typical office drone philosophizing where you're told to just take it on the chin and keep trudging onward. An honorable man would cut his losses and try to live in comfort or to conquer and reshape but you actually just want to pass through the world with scars like you're martyrs, worthies and its so depressing and ugly

a GREAT DEATH for a GREAT emperor...you're butthurt because it took you a long time to realize...I'm being facetious...but you KNOW I'm right...

idiots actually believe this. Your ignorant perception of what the tenants of stoicism amount to reveal the simplicity of your mind.

posture pseud

I really doubt Marcus Aurelius said something like that, considering 'nigga' as a colloquial term did not exist back then .

Need to check your Latin roots my dude. Marcus was wise to the nigga menace.

No, you're just plain wrong. Nigga as a phrase, developed from 'Nigger', the term used to describe slaves. You are just being plain offensive by applying nigga to a philosopher king like Marcus Aurelius.

This is black history month.

tacitus clearly refers to scipio africanus as a 'nigger' five times in the annals, it stands out in the original latin. have you ever read a book?

But never 'nigga' which is the slang term used colloquially by rappers.

Check and mate retard. I cannot even believe you are being as serious as I am right now at this very second.

You chose the least out of place word in that whole quote as the basis for your argument. Holy shit nigga read a book.

>buttmad that I won the argument without reading his gay as shit book
Haha fag

autism

>not knowing plutarch btfo stoicism

>t. Two autists arguing over etymology
>You are just being plain offensive
>This is black history month.
Nobody cares about your racial feefees on an anonymous chinese buffet enthusiasts image board.