/RecentStack/ no bully edition

/RecentStack/ no bully edition

Portable Nietzsche is really good, Kaufmann is based, but you don't need a separate thread for this shit fag

pls kill self

heyyy

plz bully

I said no bully

>posts a non-lit thread for consumerist, reddit tier, /v/ tier product signaling
>gill urselb

Based Stack my friend

Postmodernist detected

plz, fishing for compliments. dope stack top to bottom. with the exception of pancake stories, no clue about that.

No pic but
>On the Incarnation-- St Athanasious
>Sagittarius Rising-- Cecil Lewis
>First Seven Ecumenical Councils: History and theology-- Leo Donald Davis
>Soviet Partisan movement 1941-44--- Department of the Army
>German Anti-guerrilla operations in the Balkans--- See Above
>Fighting in Russias Forests-- See Above
>Russian Combat methods of ww2--- See Above

got the last 4 for under $20.

Someone post their Moby Dick

;)

>he unironically bought maps of memeing
Slaying the dragon, aye?

very nice

>Slaying the dragon, aye?
Yup. It's actually a great book if you like Jungian Psychology and Anthropology, don't judge the book by Peterson's culture war shenanigans

10/10
10/10
10/10
10/10
10/10

Reading and books gud

$3 each new

10/10

Turgenev doesn't get blown as much as he should on here

The grey book is The Powers of the Word by Rene Daumal

honestly, where do you even hear about books this obscure?

>rene daumal
way too patrician for this board bro

>oldschool clothbound
mmmm
>the skating rink
one of my top favorites of bolaño's novellas. if you're just getting into them, check out amulet and by night in chile at some point

>Bottoms Dream
Hope you like German shut-ins walking around their farm quoting Poe and hitting on his friends 16 year old daughter for 1,493 pages.

Can you marry my sister?

Bolano is amazing

Reading "The Setting Sun" right now.

Yes actually, I would like that

you gotta be baiting, right?

Yeah that sounds great.

Haven't read anything by him just saw it was the final copy there. Likely was going nowhere like Philip Roth books but eh.

I now own two copies of less than zero but eh was only three for a matching version with the rest.

Infind Hume, Mill, and Locke to be dreadfully dull and uninteresting. You're better off just reading summaries online. They aren't such the kind of thinker whose work you really need to read directly in order to comprehend. they're extremely tedious.

Bully, then softly caress

Nice

Great stacks ITT

very good stack. didnt even know lit could read this good. congrats.

>read this good

>Jack Kerouac
Hell yeah, user.

Great choice by Tanizaki

>implying you write more better

How's Mythology?

Fathers and Sons is one of my favorite books, good stack, user.

>Kaufmann
>based
Pick one

>implying i don't do and you better are want

that history of philosophy is p good

he is based he rescued his writings from psychotic people who wanted to spit on his grave to advance their politics which would ironically be the biggest insult you could give to him

he says:
>germans are a garbage race
>french and italians are more sophisticated cultures
>anti-semitism is retarded autism despite jewish culture being slavish and grotesque to him
>fatherlands are hella gay bro
>nationalism is pathetic grasping for strength you don’t have, schop says same exact thing
>pitilessness is barabaric, noble pity is absolutely an aspect of being higher
>mass movements are for insensitive slave animals
>loud bustling cities breed diseased souls (so no muh white civilization for him)
>indifference not sadism, the willingness to let others suffer rather than the proclivity to induce suffering is a mark of superiority
you people are brutes, you’re mad dogs, packs of wild lesser predators to his eagle and lion and serpent. he’d rebuke you and everything you stand for

2018 will be litty

have you ever considered you’re a dumb narcissistic faggot?

>buying anything but hardcovers
you need to die. you are wasting limited resources to something that will perish if you use it more than once

kyssendal

>buying English literature when yo could buy e-reader and get the best editions in a forever good condition

kyssendal

you live in France?
where do you get your english books? online?

yeah the english stuff is from amazon, though nowadays I mostly use an e-reader and download from genlib

Do you people hate books
why do you buy softcover trash that looks like garbage once you've read it

>though nowadays I mostly use an e-reader and download from genlib
This man is a man of intellect and I am not surprised that he is from France, the land of great intellects.

Tell me about Foucault, why did he want to stone people in public square?

OK thanks.
Got a kindle recently because local fnac has like 3 shelves of english books, 1 of which is solely dedicated to Hairy Pooter. Also too poor to buy books from amazon at the same rate as i read them.

gives it character

Why do you care what it looks like? I bet you have a bookshelf full of all the same edition hardcovers that you've never read, sitting in a room where everyone will see it.

They're going to break down and you will have to buy new -> waste of trees.

How is it a waste of trees if I'm buying it? It's a waste of my money, not a waste of trees.

nice @las press

Got these for free. Are any of these not worth reading?

Shitty forced meme is shitty and forced

*bullies*

What the fuck are you doing to where the book is destroyed after reading it? I have paperbacks that still look brand new after reading it a few times.

>few times
bitch I read softcover Ulysses six times and it looked like someone had shot a bird with a shotgun

bad copy of book of disquiet
t. someone who should've coughed up $4 extra for the penguin edition

It sitting on a shelf unpurchased isn't a waste of trees? kek

I don't think you understood.

anyone?

Why don't you fucking retard read those books and tell us

At least you can justify shit tastes with that kind of optimism.

What's wrong with that Pessoa edition? It's a new translation that includes never before seen material

Its already been printed so those trees are gone.... whats hard to get here

R8 don't h8

>i only read BIG books because im a BIG boy.

More people need to read Pancake

2018 is the year of the Pancake.

>precalculus
fuck that class. im taking that right now and i hate it

how's that edition of the sillmarilion?

hogg is pretty neat

fuck off faggot

For $2 CDN (Toonie) at my local library's used bookstore thing earlier today. There's no verso page, but an amazon page tells me it was published in 1949. Never read it before, will maybe eventually. probably. To be honest it was hard not to buy for an easy 2 dollars.

uhh, why?

w-where did you get that edition of 2666, i am jelly

you're a fucking faggot stop with these consumerist LOOK AT ME threads you fucking redditor pathetic pussy

>yfw people don't pronounce it "pan-kakee"

at a used book shop in the boonies for 5 bucks.

daily reminder that heidegger is smarter and was an unrepentant nazi and antisemite

>Precalculus is hard
Serious question, are you a fucking retard?

It's a thread about books in a literature board you communist faggot

>assuming I’m a poltard
I don’t give a fuck about “the white race” or any social Darwinist bullshit, but Kaufmann absolutely sanitized Nietzsche and made him a sterile individualist

>who else /autism/ here

i have no tolerance precalculus. i can do most of it, but who wants to do 100 problems a week of the most tedious and boring shit you've ever seen.