An Englishman, for instance, thinks it a deadly insult to be told that he is no gentleman, or, still worse...

>An Englishman, for instance, thinks it a deadly insult to be told that he is no gentleman, or, still worse, that he is a liar; a Frenchman has the same feeling if you call him a coward, and a German if you say he is stupid.

What insult would Schopenhauer put on par with modern americans? Do the insults he relates to england, france, and Germany still apply in their own unique way?

...An American if you tell him it cannot be supersized.

Today? Easy.
>That they're racist.

*a swede

Americans run too dissimilar for being called a racist to buy their insult.

Childish.

That we are not progressive thinking.

Triggers the majority of us if we are told that we don't support or that we hate minorities, guys, trans etc. etc. Or if we aren't donating to the latest gofundme charity.

weak

accusations oh racism hold enormous power in modern america and western europe aswell

You guys aren't wrong, but I think gets to the heart of it. Americans take pride in living in a nation founded on ideals, so intimations of xenophobia can be quite insulting.

Fat

cuck

Insulting our freedom = beat down time

Philosophers are the cancer of humanities.

Probably just something along the lines of unhealthy or over indulgent eaters.

Tell them they are unoriginal/a slave of social ideals.

>a slave of social ideals
Oh no, perpetually working towards a better future and building upon long standing ideas...

we're a land of plenty boohoo

You guys need to think harder!

>And American if you tell them they lost the Vietnam war

Or any war.

>we could've glassed the country but we decided it wasn't worth staying
>our righteousness won out and we went home with a moral victory
>USA USA USA

A couple of people have already said it but really it's weakness. Any implication of weakness or that we might not be as formidable or capable as we really think is an incredible blow to the American psyche.

lmao why are you so butthurt, all you're doing is proving them right

Me? I'm just giving the Ameritarded response. Nothing in this thread except saying Americans aren't as free as they think seems like it would trigger as much as Schopenhauer's english/german/french insults

>>a slave of social ideals
>Oh no, perpetually working towards a better future and building upon long standing ideas...
You just proved his point.

dunno, i think
got it right
we get really butthurt when people claim we're weak, especially if they shit on our soldiers

I don't see how that's supposed to make an American angry. Originality is overrated. American Ingenuity comes in spades and the social march forward on a bed of democratic/republican ideals, even being a called slave to them, doesn't seem like a deadly insult.

American here, running down options in thread
>racist
whatever
>not progressive thinking
would laugh at insulter
>weak
pretty fucking bootyblasted, since I saw firsthand in the US military how much shit the US can fuck up compared to other nations
>something something racism
seriously
>fat
get angry at americans for this, not at foreigners saying it
>cuck
well I'm not, so ok there bucko
>fat again
who care
>unoriginal/slave of social ideals
that's nice dear
>lost vietnam war/any war
but this comes up 10 million times out of 10 million times america is mentioned, the horse has been beaten to death and buried so many times it has lost meaning

>tl;dr-Call us weak

>pretty fucking bootyblasted, since I saw firsthand in the US military how much shit the US can fuck up compared to other nations

This is exactly it.
The American military ego is intense, you guys really don't seem to be able to take it well whatsoever whenever anyone accuses you of being even marginally militarily incapable.

I bet you dollars to doughnuts I could start a thread with the phrase
>America lost the Vietnam war
with a smug looking reaction imagine and it'd go miles. You fuckers hate to hear it. It drives you nuts.

Personally, as a vet, I don't give a shit about vietnam. I will get bootyblasted (but not reply) about Iraq or Afghanistan. I feel like my unit(s) completely shredded insurgent forces in COIN, but the United States as a whole did leave, and shit is still completely fucked, so that is 100% a loss, with no objectives completed.

And as far as the military ego, it is fairly well deserved. My rankings for individual soldiers on par with the US average grunt:
1. France: Professional, but lacking in logistics and support
2. UK: views combat a bit too much like a sports match, but great discipline
3. Australia: please take something seriously for about 3 seconds (seriously the memes are real) but somehow everyone is big and fearless

Americans are triggered if you call them irrelevant.

In order for something to be triggering it has to be at least a little true. Saying America isn't relevant is like saying it doesn't rain in Britain.

Alright let me try to trigger an emotion.

I bet your gun is dirty.

Probably rusting right now.

That doesn't make any sense. Only the truly irrelevant will never be discussed.

>calling us weak
yea cause if we are spending a gorrillion dollars on making our military the best, and we still arent, i would feel pretty shitty about that

I'm just talking averages.
I find, in general, people actually in the military aren't quite the same brand of jingoistic fucktard as the people always shitposting about how flawsless and indominable the American military is.

You get plenty of military guys who are proud, but in my experience most of them are at least realistic about the strategic mistakes even if they consider themselves competent on a tactical level.

In relative decline since the 1970s.