DEBATE WITH ME WHY HE ISNT THE BEST WRITER

>Only postmodernist alive writing fiction
>Dfw called his better
>WTV thought him thin
If ethics are aesthetics he has reach divinepost modernism 12dimension Artificial Inteligence lvl

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FXqWz3_Fnw4
youtube.com/watch?v=MWIPjkis4XM&t=33s
youtube.com/watch?v=XWDkAKLw_q0&t=578s
kcrw.com/people/william-t-vollmann
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Like I know he's self aware, yet he still does it.

So what merrit does he hold?
Can you explain OP

Doesnt use any fucking modernism in his writing which is the whole point of postmodernism and narrative is purely himself
He is the only one who writes fiction for himself,the most sincere writer who has ever lived,and every single book of his is a masterpiece,tis sadder,funnier and more real
sincere than dfw
Actually reads all the literature he wants,writes/or reads 16-18 hours a day
Lives an actual authentic life
Works more than anyone who has ever died

dfw,powers,zadie smith,the Gass,
They are writing more literary tricks than actual stories or basicly fiction.

Who are we talking about again?

William T. Vollmann
Fantasies based on contextual virtuos perfection.

crosdressing is highly enticing

Vollmann has EVERYTHING you could ever possibly ask for in a writer except for actual talent.

>Doesnt use any fucking modernism in his writing
such as?

I think im better, but in all honesty, I want the meet this person

giv recs on Vollman, im interested in this guy.

That doesn't look like Magris

I'm going to read Atlas and The rainbow stories. I have high expectations.

This is the best post in this thread. I envy Vollmann his life but not his writing abilities.

didnt even know about this guy 2 hours ago and now i ordered one of his books on ebay. thanks Veeky Forums

wow, what an interesting and authentic person
I really need to read his books because he is so goofy

Op here I strongly suggest his interview with bookworm
There are the greatest interview/talk i have ever heard,what got me into vollmann in the first place
youtube.com/watch?v=MWIPjkis4XM&t=33s
youtube.com/watch?v=XWDkAKLw_q0&t=578s
kcrw.com/people/william-t-vollmann

A fucking shame his spanish translations are so fucking expensive.

Anyone got a link for “you bright and shining angels?

He has some talent but he's very bad at editing.

Who is this about?

>When I think of contemporaries, I also pause at William Vollmann. But you’ve been critical of him and his work.
>I’m not convinced. He sounds untouched. A bad liar with quaint reasoning. We’re looking for different things, though. I don’t feel I have anything in common with such traditional concern.
absolutely disregarded by an actual degenerate

I unironically refuse to believe anyone has read Volmann. When someone implies they have I assume they're maliciously trying to trick me into doing it.

>Doesnt use any fucking modernism in his writing which is the whole point of postmodernism
Can it really be said that that's the point of postmodernism? Any other pomo writers like that?

Brutal.

This.

>Faces at lunch, oh, yes, smirking, lordly, bored or weary – here and there a flash of passion, of dreams or loving seriousness; these signs I saw, notwithstanding the sweep of a fork like a Stuka dive-bomber, stabbing down into the cringing salads, carrying them up to the death of unseen teeth between dancing wrinkled cheeks; a breadstick rose in hand, approached the purple lips in a man’s dull gray face; an oval darkness opened and shut and the breadstick was half gone! A lady in a red blazer, her face alert, patient and professionally kind like a psychoanalyst’s, stuck her fork lovingly into a tomato, smiling across the table at another woman’s face; everything she did was gentle, and it was but habit for her to hurt the tomato as little as possible; nonetheless she did not see it. Nodding and shaking her head, she ate and ate, gazing sweetly into the other woman’s face. Finally, I saw one woman in sunglasses who studied her arugula as she bit it. It disappeared by jagged inches, while across the table, in her husband’s lap, the baby watched in dark-eyed astonishment. Her husband crammed an immense collage of sandwich components into his hairy cheeks. He snatched up pommes-frites and they vanished in toto. When the dessert cart came, the starched white shoulders of businessmen continued to flex and shine; their faces glazed at one another over emptiness, much happier now that they had eaten, unthinking of what they had wrought.

Go back to jacking off to the Exiled or find your own examples of why he's supposedly bad.

Alright alright you win where do I start with him

Riding Toward Everywhere

Someone buy my copy of Rising Up and Rising Down for 1000$!