Ay bruvs

Ay bruvs.

I'm a disgusting latino spic and I've been living in Spain for the past to years (legally, mind you, my grandparents were Spaniards), and recently I've become interested in the history over here. Any books you guys can recommend on Spanish History so I can get a general scope? Also, any literature I can read on the history of flamenco and gypsies in general?

Thanks in advance.

Not much happened in Spanish history.
Read up on British history. Much more exciting.

But I don’t live in Britain. And I already read all of Holmes’ Case-Book.

>Read up on British history. Much more exciting.

Fucking frog poster.
Go back to /pol/

>aesthetic-ariana-ariana-grande-funny-Favim.com-3089046.jpg

I didn't know frogposters got their frog memes from weird image-gallery sites. Do you guys think there's a correlation between Ariana Grande and Pepe?

Google "spanish history bibliography"
You're welcome
Now get back to Petersonposting

I already did, amigo. I just hold this board's collective hivemind in high regard and wanted to hear some input and maybe get a nice discussion going on about Spanish lit. But apparently this place is too ango-centered for that, I guess. Oh well.

'to' is indeed a duo too not two.

It was a typo, I'm sorry. Please don't exile me.

>I just hold this board's collective hivemind in high regard

Yes, English history is more extensive and personal.
But!
Spanish history is more of a dance grandeur of peoples. With Celts, with Punics, with Romans, with Germanics, with Arabs, with itself, with the French, and too, to the English—that's the truth.

Portugal's history is Spanish history, Iberia, Hispania!

anglocucks will truly believe this

Again this fucking word "Latino". We've gone through this already.

Are you gonna rec' a book or are we gonna start arguing semantics now? I mean the thread is made. Might as well make something of it.

OP must be from some little-known county in LatAm and must be embarrassed to mention his true nationality. If you describe yourself as Latino you're a fucking retard. End of story.

If you're into history go to Veeky Forums

The Basque history of the world was good. My gf picked it up at a bookstore in euskal herria (Basque country)

I just don’t think my nationality is relevant to the case at hand, but if it makes you feel any better I hail from the florid lands of Venezuela.

I would go to Veeky Forums but every time I go there I am just struck by how unbelievably stupid every single person there is.

If you want a general Scope with an enfasis on the recent centuries i would recommend "España. Una Historia Explicada. Desde Atapuerca hasta el 11-M."
Its pretty good.

read about la leyenda negra

So you're Venezuelan. Call yourself that. Have some pride. Latino is a catch-all shitty word. It's a bs identity.

Why would I have pride in some retarded country that means nothing to me.

Citizens like you make a country shitty

Latino refers to the mixed race mutt people of Latino America.

>the absolute state of new world states
Makes sense though, same things happening up north

yeah sure whatever race autist

Aztecs are the real whites

You can probably find better books in Spanish but in English I really liked The Golden Age of Spain by Antonio Dominiguez Ortiz

Nope. That would be Mestizo (native american + european) or Mulatto (black + european). Among other terms. Latin American is not a race thing, it's a linguistic/regional term, coutries in the Americas whose language is Spanish, Portuguese or French (French Guiana but not Canada), Latin-based languages. The term is self-descriptive. C'mon. It's a pretty wide termn, therefore not a real identity.

Are Nords the biggest We Wuzzers on earth? They act like they are the pinnacle of whiteness but I can't really think of anything they've ever contributed to civilization.

ay hol up

>I can't really think of anything they've ever contributed to civilization.
Spurdo

Read this shit right here, OP it has got gypsies out the wazoo, demons, muslim conspiracies, jews, idiot savants, mysticism, faked deaths, real deaths, prophecies, and cross dressing.

No one cares if you're from Latin America. Just say you need a good spanish history book.

Why not Canada? If it really is a strictly linguistics thing then you can't just not count Quebec. C'mon man. You gotta be consistent.

Mestizos and Mulattos (who often themselves have native ancestry) are Latino. Latino does not refer to linguistics, otherwise Quebecois would be considered Latino as well. Generally, Latino refers to those mixed raced peoples south of the US, and Hispanic refers to those of Spanish or Portuguese origins.

Yeah, I know, by definition Quebec should be included.

FINNS ARE NOT NORDS

My Chicano studies teacher who is Chicano said that Hispanic is a meme created by white people to lump the browns together. Her question was how come every European nation proudly calls themselves by their name, but it's considered almost a slur among liberal whites to call someone "Mexican". It fundamentally devalues the uniqueness of these nations. Just 2 cents of thought.

You aren't me. Why are you LARPing as me? It is my country's political/economical/social state of affairs that has driven me to exile in Europe, but it doesn't mean I don't treasure fond memories of my childhood on warm tropical beaches eating fish eyes with my father. Off to /pol/ with your drivel.

Now this is more like it, thanks bruvs.

Fair enough.

No. You're wrong. Latino is definitely about linguistics and geography. Any country south of the US whose main language is Latin-based (Spanish, Portuguese, French) is Latin American. And Hispanic refers to anything related to Spain and Spanish-speakers. Please do read the Wikipedia page for Latin America to make things clear. Race is a whole different matter, there are black Latinos, white Latinos, mestizos, natives, etc. You don't call the shots, yankees.

>My Chicano studies teacher who

She's not wrong, the American left is obviously built off of intersectionality, with white liberals at the head. Intersectionality already has enough problems with finding common ground and motivation between all of the different groups, so strategically it would make sense to attempt to create a monolithic Americanized Hispanic identity similar to what blacks and whites have already. Although I'm not sure it's really done on purpose. I think a lot of liberal whites see "Mexican" as a slur because most common conservatives just consider all Hispanics to be some form of "Mexican". So in a way they're trying to push against the perceived ignorance of the right by conforming to the right's worldview. Interestingly it kind of works the other way as well, where it would make more sense for conservatives to exacerbate the political cleavages of different Hispanic nationalities than push them all together.

>I get my political views from Wikipedia
Opinion discarded.

Isn't Chicano studies itself a meme created by liberal white people to lump the browns together? And since when is calling people Mexican offensive

you are clearly retarded.

More.info on this pls whay is?

It's a novel, in Spanish is the "El manuscrito encontrado en Zaragoza"

No Chicano is a mestizo born in America. It is a hyper specific definition of a type of Mexican. And idk when but it's mostly in hyper sensitive white liberal circles.

This is true. I cringe everytime I hear that word, Latino. It's like people are being fucked in the ass.

it's very interesting and entertaining, the whole novel is like a russian doll where stories are told within stories. It's kind of like a fantastical retelling of what life was like in Spain under King Phillip V

So I'm dumb for choosing the Chicano studies class over the native American or black studies class when I live in a state that is like 40% Chicano? Kys

filthy beads

Brits were Celts invaded by Anglos who were cucked by Danes, French and finally Pakis.

Pretty grand dance as well.

>civilisation
>good

There's nothing wrong with taking it up the rear, user.

So, fighting ignorance with ignorance. Gotta love the American way. I don't give a shit about the American "left", maybe they use the term like retards, but the real thing it is what it is. Americans are dense as fuck, holy shit. Also I use Wikipedia for definitions, not for political views.

> I don't care, either way, I'm a fucking Mexican and call myself that.

It's funny how wrong everything you said is.

Yeah she was pretty based. Probably one of my favorite teachers from college. Another jewel she dropped. I'm paraphrasing, "yes native Mexicans were raped by conquistadors, but the conquistadors were veterans of 600 years of rape and ethnic wars and genocide themselves. It is a wonder that they chose to incorporate natives into society at all in contrast to their English counterparts.

Si quieres historia relativamente objetiva Los tres milenios de Historia de Antonio Dominguez Ortiz es un gran libro. Si quieres algo mas novelesco, la oleccion de Benito Perez Galdós, de 'Trafalgar' en adelante son magníficos. Y por último, para el tema de historia gitana, quizá ya sería cosa de pasarte por la universidad local. Seguro que te saben aconsejar.

>guy who gets his political views from Wikipedia rambles on about irrelevant nonsense
What the fuck are you even talking about, what does this have to do with what we were talking about at all? What a surprise.

Wikipedia is for FUCKING definitions not POLITICAL views. If I were talking about political views I'd mention theguardian, bcc news, or idk some stupid book. Is a dictionary or an encyclopedia political propaganda to you? Read the article about Latin America or not, ffs.

>I get my political views from BBC and The Guardian and I define the words I use for my political views from Wikipedia

>Latoni is a racist label
>White people and niggers are okay to use though

Do you not get the joke you spastic?

I think you are larping as a latino. You are really just some generic white burger