What does nirvana mean to you?

What does nirvana mean to you?

buddhists killing themselves

Realising all is one and you are all

Peace, absolute nothingness, rest, victory, conquest, deep sleep, the unconditioned.

might mean
1.generic word for a high state of pleasure or tranquillity
2.3.living life without the additional drama that comes from believing consciousness literally.
4.a rock band for kids who want attention

Lack of desire

very old meme this

Actually true

not quite. it is the absence of a certain naive use of language. but you keep using it for practical purposes and then for illustrating ones like in koans.

a fanfic of moksha

The error of minds unable to conceive of real Oblivion.
That's what Nirvana would have been translated to if it was an honest concept. Oblivion. There's no peace, no calm, just absence. Worse than a permanent anesthesia.

Nevermind

Being high

from a socio historical pov

nirvana is liberation for non brahmans. the liberation of poor people who are relegated to a position where society doesnt provide access to the fulfillment of a human need so they take the template from the high classes and make it their own.

lol'd

> Discrimination between individuals is recognized by the Buddha when he says: "And I saw, looking at the world with the awakened eye, beings of noble kind and of common kind, acute of mind and obtuse of mind, well endowed and ill endowed, quick to understand and slow to understand...." And he goes on: "It is like some Lotus flowers which grow in deep, muddy water, while others push up toward the surface of the water, and yet others emerge from the water and stand up free from the water."[5]

To me, it's an ever-deferred state of perfection, mythic and unobtainable. It's no better than a fever dream. After looking at so many schools of thought juggling what it is and trying to achieve it, I can't help but view their adherents as clowns in different garb. Some honk their noses, some waddle and prance, and some sit straight-faced at the fringes of the show. They all have tickets to the same main event but don't realize their tickets are counterfeit and that they're the counterfeiters.

nice quote thanks. but that is making reference to the religious pov of enlightenment etc. im just speaking in terms of social organization.

but actual existing buddhism was never democratic in any political sense

It goes completely over your head doesnt it

Nirvana? That's, like, a clothing line, right?

I seriously doubt anyone has ever "achieved nibbana"

if you throw rocks at someone meditating they will still get hurt