Hey /lit?. I used to read constantly. 70 books a year or so on average...

Hey /lit?. I used to read constantly. 70 books a year or so on average. But for the last several months I've been starting books and stopping. Nothing is speaking to me anymore. I feel like I've read everything I'll like already. Can you help me with some recs.

My favorite writers are: Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Knut Hamsun, Yukio Mishima, William Faulkner, Ernest Hemingway, Ludwig Wittgenstein, Arthur Rimbaud, and Fernando Pessoa.

My *least* favorite writers are: Kafka, Beckett, Joyce, Proust, Chekhov, Tolstoy, Steinbeck, Rand, Whitman, Melville, and Tao Lin.

Yo, Google "writers similar to [your favorites]." There are plenty of choices. Or maybe it's time to explore different media.

Re-read what you liked

this

No.

Why?

I have a photographic memory. Re-visiting books would be arbitrary for someone who can go through the whole book in his head at any time.

Try working on more active hobbies (see: not media consumption), or start a new hobby if need be. Come back to reading later.
You can plumb the very bottom of your hobby trying to recapture your initial fascination, or you can do something else and forget it. It's not a big deal... it's just words anyways.

There is no bigger pseud than Bloom.

Wouldn't be arbitrary, user. You should use your photographic memory on a dictionary.

There's more to books than remembering plot points and characters names. Did you not care for the flow of the text, clever turns of phrase, immersing yourself in the world, or any other number of approaches?

If not, then .

Nigga, this is a literature board.

Start with the Greeks.

I didn't start with them but I have read them all.

Precisely.
Sometimes people get tired or bored of reading for a period of time. Instead of trying to recapture something by smashing your head into a wall, many people would be better off exploring their lives.

FUCKING SAUCE

it sounds like it's time for you to enter that phase of reading where you try to find hidden gems from obscure countries

Do you have any recommendations?

Schwanzus Longus by Biggus Dickus from Norway

Hey, cmon.

You will assume I am just trolling.
so its almost not worth typing this.

But if you are serious, and can put past your expectations regarding.

Ayn rand

Read some quick genre fiction. I like crime myself, stuff like Elmore Leonard, Charles Willeford, Jim Thompson etc when I'm in a reading rut since those books take only a few hours to read and are really fun.

>Wittgenstein as "writer"

I listed her as a least favorite author.

I read Leonard and Willeford in HS. They're fine but I'm not that big on them

Yeah, he wrote. You must be retarded.

There's a difference between writing and being a "writer".
It is you who must be retarded, I said wisely.

>someone who writes isn't a writer

No there's not. You have such a weak mind it's not even funny. Learn the difference between connotation and denotation.

OP try Kafka again. I didn't like him at first, then I gave him another shot after not reading at all for like a year and he's my favorite write now.

>there's no difference
>here's the difference

If you think writing this post makes me equally a "writer" as Hemingway who is equal to Wittgenstein.

>Cool I just read this writer, time to read an inferior writer that tries to do the same thing

Awful advice

>people who write aren't writers
Do you consider yourself a walker, a person who walks?

but you actually typed that post
checkmate

Would you consider someone 300lbs who walks to their car as much of a "walker" as someone who's traversed every continent on foot?
If you can answer yes, congratulations "you got me".

have you read salinger?

also why do you dislike chekov?

>he's missed the whole Wittgensteinian nature of our conversation
sad

What point do you think you have made?

I'll recommend if you give sauce

I have a good few names in mind that you'd probably really like, but I'm not going to tell you them.