Why don’t you guys make a similar Project to the “Legacy of Totaliarism in a Tundra”, yet make it more professional

Why don’t you guys make a similar Project to the “Legacy of Totaliarism in a Tundra”, yet make it more professional.

Now, I know it is difficult for a group of people to create a short story, or essay, let alone a novel, but there is a solution:

>A book of poems

Why don’t the organizers of Tundra collect original poetry from Veeky Forums Veeky Forums users into a single volume of poetry, and then self-publish on Amazon.

People here might show the world that we are not just a bunch of losers.

Anons that write in other languages than English could post the original work and the translation.

It would be up to the organizers to select the truly serious works. I guess than in less than one month we would have a nice volume of anonymous poems.

I have always thought about having a book: Veeky Forumserati, which would be a collection of short stories from random faggots on here writing just a day in their pathetic lives in whatever style they'd like

this is actually a really good idea, someone collect all the writers here

Yeah but maybe 1-2 poems in the poem threads are worth anything at all—and those are all posted by 2-5 people who are regulars.

Besides, some of the people in those threads don't want their work published, or they are seeking publishing and don't want some user stealing their work.

Similar things have been proposed again and again. Collections, magazines, literary movements.
The sad fact is, most people here don't actually have an active interest in literature; of those who do, most don't have an active interest in writing; of those who do, most aren't good writers; of those who are, most have some faith in their potential careers and don't want to be associated with this board and site.
So that leaves like two people, if that.

i still have the shared google doc from the last time someone proposed that we try this again. it was popular for a little while. then it died in a few weeks. Veeky Forums has really changed desu senpai

Veeky Forums isn't good enough anymore to pull anything like that now. It can barely pull off a top 100 list.

We can keep the thread alive until the end of February, and if necessary make new threads.

I don’t know how to create online books, but I could help in selecting poems for a collection (I will save those I liked).

When March start we collect the results and someone who knows how to operate online publishing in Amazon makes the book: I will post the poems I collected.

One month is enough for a good collection.

I vote for postmodern YA doorstopper about the lives of kids at obe highschool and the kids are also all real authors like joyce. It can start with the suicide of dfw or silvia plath then go in any direction.

I'm sure a lot of people would be up for it if we could get a good leader. That's really all it comes down to is a setup that isn't too restricting, and a leader willing to put together a lot of stupid shit.
I don't think poetry is a good idea though, it's just too hard for people here to write good poetry, and nothing done here will ever be serious, not if it isn't made with 6 layers of in jokes and cum.
Anyone remember the Pantheon project that never went anywhere? I wrote so much good shit about eating my own cum and it came to nothing.
I like this, but trying to get a bunch of people to write a plot like that killed the Pantheon project.

We used to have The April Reader but it didn't get enough submissions to survive long iirc

You dont have to follow any plot. Just school, author kids and dfw is dead. Do what ever you want with it. Could ve a story of the kids parents or a trip to the city. Its postmodern remember.

It must be poetry. There is no way to produce something of quality with so many hands.

It needs to be a collection, and it will be easier to select good poems than good short stories, for example.

Also, although it is going to be written anonymously, it is better to offer to everyone independence to create.

We never tried this before. Let’s compile an anthology of poems. Everyone do the best they can and the judges and compilers - when the time comes to select the works - must be really severe (and also base themselves on the voting of the Anons).

Like I said, I offer myself to select works of poetry and make the threads along February

what happened to the bugs google doc

Most of the anons that wrote this have fled the shithole that Veeky Forums has become. Hell, I'm only still here out of habit.

Tundra was garbage. What user is proposing is something serious. And it could be done.

Individual poems collected in a single volume (only the food and serious ones) might be a healthy exercise for Veeky Forums

I would unironically be interested in this

turtles all the way down?

It'll never happen because Veeky Forums doesn't have a strong board culture anymore. It's Eternal September with the Peterson fags and cross posting idiots.

I'd be interested in a collection of stories written in greentext

Write an epic poem in green text

Lots of people are against taking greentext outside of chans. It could be really good though, greentext stories as screenshots are popular elsewhere (especially reddit and facebook), and there have been books that are essentially compilations of them. So, you'd have to write greentext stories specifically for that work, they'd have to have some connection and continuous theme, otherwise they're more-or-less just random posts from around Veeky Forums. Nothing to direct or distinguish them.

>Lots of people are against taking greentext outside of chans.

lol implying the finished product will be read by anyone outside of the chans.

But yeah I think greentext stories are exclusive to imageboards, if not, internet culture. You wouldn't tell a story to a friend in the same format as one and I haven't seen it used in other mediums. I think it would be interesting to see that form expanded on beyond random posts as you say. If we can pull it off, it would be a signature work.

>Legacy of Totaliarism in a Tundra
>Legacy of Totaliarism in a Tundra 2
>Legacy of Totaliarism in a Tundra 3
>Hypersphere
>Dreamscape

I think we've done enough for now

Is there an audiobook version of the lit book

What would be the benefit to the individual contributor?

Best case scenario the book becomes a profitable endeavor that gets attention but all the authors are anonymous so they do not get due credit and only the person who puts it on Amazon will get any financial benefit. Yes, it's fun to make and read these but it only remains fun so long as they remain an unsuccessful (in the greater sense) meme.

cui bono