Memorable Barnes and Noble/bookstore experiences?

youtube.com/watch?v=H6LUwD1q474

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Rb7pnjbe4Q
youtu.be/VdIgCXa4WKY
bbc.com/news/world-europe-42826028
youtube.com/watch?v=kE32pvvaDT8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>c-list celebrity talking about some pointless bullshit
>some freak screams about aids (???)
>they fucking clap

No wonder that americans are so heavily medicated on speed, tranquilizers and opioids.

Who's this tranny, why is it mad?

Mental patients arguing with mental patients

>(((americans)))

>go to big mainstream bookstores all the time and always have a pleasant experience
>"Dude go to a used bookstore everything cheap and comfy lol"
>go to used book store
>stench of urine and marijuana hits me in the face
>clerk is a 13 year old boy wearing an Ayn Rand shirt
>when I ask him where the poetry section is he sighs and says, "in the back somewhere"
>try to squeeze my way through the book shelves
>hop over a pile of Stephen King paperbacks
>get distracted by a gay couple making out in the theater section
>trip over a dead raccoon and collide into a shelf full of James Patterson novels
>get buried under the books and can't get up
>see a copy of Tennyson's complete poetry within reach
>use my free hand to open the book
>see that someone's changed the dust jacket and the inside is actually a copy of The Communist Manifesto

are europoors really so shallow that every thread has to mention different nationalities
if there's nothing interesting about you, just don't post lol

This was good until you weirdly decided to start shilling Tennyson- one of the biggest hacks of all time.

Wow rose McGowan really shows herself to be a horrible narsissist here.

Obviously a plant paid for by the Jewish cabal trying to shield Weinstein

>I have been followed home
>mentally ill transgendered freak
Yeah, they followed you home to beat the shit out of you, not because they want to have sex with you. Fucking disgusting freak. No one in real life has sex with transgender people. In real life they're rightly shunned as mentally ill freaks of nature.

>decide to finally read Infinite Jest after browsing Veeky Forums for years
>drive out to the B&N
>wandering the fiction shelves to see if there's anything else I want to read
>hear someone approach from behind
-excuse me sir can I help you find what you're looking for
>about to say no
>turn around
>she is the qtiest qt of all time
>curly black hair
>large brown eyes
>all smiles
-w-wallace
-excuse me?
-david foster wallace, his books
-oh of course, right over here
>talk a bit about dfw
>she actually likes him
>actually manage to not sperg out for once
>she's laughing at everything
>she's a lit major at my school
>finally have my Veeky Forums gf
>eventually she has to go
>wander around for a bit more after to calm my heart
>go to checkout
>she's there manning the register now
>smiles at me
>thinking to myself, finally going to be a man
>don't know exactly what I'm going to do, but I'll do something
>next in line
>all of a sudden a 400 lb amorphous blob opens a different register
-i kan hellp tha neks custumma
>shuffle over to her in defeat
>starts scanning infinite jest
-wow, thas a biiiiiig book
>so depressed I can barely stammer out
-f-for you
>try to smile at the qt on my way out
>walk into one of the knickknack stands
>run out of the store
>never go back
>never see her again
anyway thats the only good one

Yeah because if you went to her register, you totally would've been suave all of a sudden and got a date with her. Fucking retard.

everybody in that situation is a horrible narcissist

Sometimes I just don't want to be here anymore. Nothing about this isn't disturbing and depressing to me.

Can you imagine setting off a whole movement about holding rapists accountable and having trannies scream at you for not doing enough for them?
You could eliminate world hunger and enter a new era of peace but trannies would still haunt you, asking what you've done for them.

>they followed you home to beat the shit out of you,
Is that better?

from the tranny's perspective I mean, can't imagine "it's a misunderstanding, I wanted to violently assault you" would be comforting

settle down now you angry boi

Not everyone is a soyboy.

Yes. One less tranny on this earth is a huge leap for mankind.

someone get that hoe a snickers

trannies sound like south park characters

>Tranny starts screeching about tranny shit
>Feminist starts screeching about vaginas
>Everyone claps
It's like a /pol/ greentext come to life

Also- why do feminists and leftists use "fuck" or "fucking" in every sentence they say, especially when they're upset? Makes them sound like screaming children and since I've noticed it every video I see of them includes FUCKING this and FUCKING that FUCK YOU FUCKER

I'm pretty sure some weird company is paying people on social media to "go after" that Rose girl who is on stage.
There are some people who seem to be english second language (if they even speak english at all) who are making some big claims that the girl has all kinds of high-falutin mental disorders and generally calling her a TERF.

Not that I like the cunt or even women in general, but there's something really unnerving going on back there.

I know what you mean, not specifically with this incident, but in general there seems to be some shady stuff going on behind the scenes with the push toward mainstream feminism. A lot of things seem very orchestrated, very geared toward making a small group of people a lot of money.
I'm also extremely paranoid so who knows.

I got a hang job on a barnes and noble couch once from my high school gf

lefties should never have allied themselves with trannies, not even the "reasonable" ones. now you have to actively defend men in drag telling women who have been victims of sexual abuse that their problems are nothing compared to what men have suffered.

Pretty much every feminist is a cunt who thinks way too highly of herself. Absentee father + bad experiences with men = complete loss of faith in patriarchal authority, and a reliance on ego-satisfaction in order to feel not worthless.

>buying into a left-right political dichotomy

To /pol/ with you! BEGONE!

i have nearly zero conservative or right wing beliefs beyond thinking trannies are mentally ill and that society shouldn't encourage their delusions.

>buying into a /pol/ - non-/pol/ dichotomy
Oh child.

Imagine that both of these people exist.
And you too...

>buying into dichotomies

This is why you must keep your hymen until marriage, ladies.
What a fucking level-99 cunt.

What did she mean by this?

It's because they haven't grown out of the "edgy to impress my friends and piss off my parents" phase, and society has replaced their parents.

The problem with this thinking is that the dichotomy already exists and all of the people complaining about SJWs now were absent the past 50 years while the crazies developed their theories and embedded themselves in every corner of society.
There were plenty of leftists who opposed this madness, but because of their isolation they all were thrown out of the movement. If people had participated in politics then they would have been able to support all these victims of the proto-MeToo bullshit.
The other problem here is that people are hardly even aware of what's really happening, and with no concept of the criticisms already out there people are fighting from their heels.
I have to laugh because I was fighting this shit ten years before anyone knew, or cared, that it even existed. And I'll never see the shekels of the Peterson-types.

Overexposure killed the sting, now it's punctuation. It's a massive problem in music too: youtube.com/watch?v=7Rb7pnjbe4Q

lol is that at union square? that's like the only bookstore left that probably has the thing ur looking for in stock

Obviously that one side is just as bad as the other. And you too for conflating male speech with rape.

Mandatory de-soying after this shit:
youtu.be/VdIgCXa4WKY

i wasn't "cosmopolitan" enough to see it back in the 90s but god damn tupac is gay af

he was jada pinkett smith's beta orbiter in high school or some shit.

Why does these people always end up attacking each other?

also never forget his first gig was as a fuckin backup dancer for gay ass digital underground...then again last time i listened to sex packets it took me waaaaay back, all that new jack swing shit is overlooked, too new to be 80s, to soft to be 90s

slave morality, the weaker u are the better

Clearly she sucked at giving hang jobs since you're still alive

That's a weird specific belief to have. Most "right-wingers" (if we are to call them that) believe they are upsetting a natural order containing the nuclear family and other cornerstones of a structured life. "Leftists" generally try to assert individual freedom and a society that is tolerant of differing lifestyles. But to have an opinion on this one subject with neither preconceptions is odd.

The DNC rigs the Democratic Primary Election against Bernie Sanders so Hilliary can win the nomination. Obama's administration starts to request surveillance on Trump, his family, his transition team, and anyone associated with him. Donna Brazil gives Hilliary the questions to a debate. The DNC pays Christopher Steele to come up with a smear dossier about Trump. The mainstream media releases a taped conversation about Trump talking about grabbing women parts. After all this Trump still wins the General Election.

Obama orders an investigation into Russia meddling in our elections. Obama changes Executive Order 12333 to allow more agencies to have access to surveillance data. The Democratic Party comes up with a scandal that Trump Colluded with Russia to win the election with no evidence or proof. This wild claim is backed up by the mainstream media.

Obama hold overs start unmasking Trump's transition team and staff members then release the classified information to the mainstream media. Why? Because the DNC and the Obama administration colluded with the intelligence community to thwart Trump's campaign efforts to get him elected president. All this Russia collusion is an attempt to cover up the fact that the Obama administration, the intelligence community, the DNC, along with the mainstream media used our nations surveillance as a political tool to try to get Hilliary elected President. This makes Watergate look like a kindergarten play. Let that sink in.

This is plainly treason. Americans subverted by their own banana republic government that decides who will take rule, DOJ/Obama/FBI implicated directly. The government proven to subvert all US citizens in an act of treason.

You could have just said you were waiting for the other girl and let the person behind you go on to the new register. It's nothing out of the ordinary.

t. retail for 5 years

you're trying to use logic and rationality to examine the most irrational: the human thought

If you're going to bait people by posting something unrelated to the post to which you're replying, try to make it less obvious next time.

THIS SUMMER

WTF I want to hug (with her full conscent) Rose McGowan again :3

it's really hilarious to see lefty types who used to hate the fbi for COINTELPRO abuses in the 60s, and for profiling muslims etc, suddenly claim that the FBI is some wonderful trustworthy dutiful organization...of course i also remember when leftists liked assange for leaking bushes war crimes, but now he leaks hillarry's crimes against democracy and suddenly he's a bad guy...oh wait about that oil pipeline and those indians, standing rock or whaterver, do you suppose the FBI wasn't all over that like flies on shit? well the left can't cry now since now they claim the FBI is a pillar of democracy

the left has completely lost it's way

LOL This happened to me with Inherent Vice at Laredo, Tx's Booksamillion, except she did cashed my book and tried to make small talkwith me. She was so pretty and so tumblr-like I memorized her name. I've never seen her again, tho. Ofc, me being the anxious, ESL mexican that I am, I could barely talk and make eye contact. Please come back to the Bookstore, Victoria!

This timeline man

>Getting cashier chicks numbers.

Does this actually happen? Only ever seen this in sitcoms and shit like that

i hate it when employees small talk me i just figure they're going to try to get me to sign up of for some bullshit membership program if i respond with more than one word, same thing with bartenders that flirt with you, ever idiot guy thinks the bartender likes him and is going to fuck him at the end up of the night, it's like gee do u suppose she's fishing for tips u idiot

>not natty anthem
one job

one time in the bronx i saw a construction black guy holler at fine ass chick and she stopped and let him kick some game and then gave him her number, i was like woah i never would have imagined street harassment can actually work! to be fair he was a pretty good looking young dude not some pot belly old dad

>and you should be fucking grateful

Love the sweet taste of ego.

All in all...good bread

>being this masochistic

Down here, we have recovering drug addicts selling burritos (3 for like 50c USD). Think slave lavor AA. Shit's cash, they talk you about god and try to convince you of leaving your shady friends. Some of them are your typical creeps and some of them are pretty chill. That being said, I hate it when they try to talk to me. I just want some of your burritos!

That Bookstore chick was different. I wanted to talk to her, but autismo kept me from it.

what in the name of fuck did I just watch

> I am totally not a slave to corporations selling shitload of magical pills with no scientific framework behind them that should solve the questions that bugged humans for thousands of years

> The rest of the world… Well, there's Yourope, I think…

I got the number from this deadass sexy Bosnian shorty from Dominos. I wouldn't have even asked but, I went there a couple times a week, and on this occasion she said she was quitting (as it turned out she was going to Yurop for the summer). Now normally I wouldn't have tried my luck in such a situation but the fact she told me that she was quitting, like with the subtext "so I won't see you again," was a red enough flag for me to see if she wanted to exchange info. So anyways, it can happen. Talked to her a couple times but never saw her again though, was a shame because she was far more attractive than my actual gf of five years now. I still remember her name, Elma.

I like this pasta.

>not finessing the fatty for her number, porking the said porker, and having her rave to the qt who you know she works with about how great you are at the fucc, thereby laying the groundwork for the real prize
jesus, you deserve to die a virgin for missing such an obvious and easy opportunity

Sex Packets is the shit though.

was that a bane post?

>The absolute state of amerimuts

>What is Veeky Forums.org

Just enjoy the fucking story you nigger

Hi, Trevor

I've had starbucks girls write their numbers on my coffee

Feminism became too broad, you can hate men and call yourself a feminists, or want women in the kitchen and call yourself a feminist. "Mainstream feminism" is just a bunch of angry journalists, isn't it? Seems to be very little desire for real egalitarian politics nowadays.

Women don't want to be catcalled, harrased, or followed on the street, but it seems even such a simple wish got hijacked quickly.

>"Leftists" generally try to assert individual freedom and a society that is tolerant of differing lifestyles.
Really? I thought I was in favour of collective responsibility and duty towards one another. I guess that's why you put it in quotes.

There is nothing interesting about us, but see, we can cope with it. We didn't have to transform our politics into a MMORPG where SJWs and nazi LARPers fight earch other in order to keep the dopamine flowing and stay entertained because we can't cope with the fact that in our country when you leave your house is either to eat, to fuck or to buy something.

Someone here is bitter about not getting laid

like this shit doesn't happen in England

bbc.com/news/world-europe-42826028
Euros are so much better, amirite

good work user

The tranny strongly resembles my ex.

>browsing the clearance books
>unattended toddler comes rocketing by
>comes to a dead stop in front of a display of new Pattersons
>pauses for about 10 seconds, laughs, removes one book from the display and stomps the shit out of it
>employee comes over, looks at the book, looks at the toddler, and just walks away
>toddler rockets off, no parents in sight
Nothing particularly exciting, but for some reason it's stuck with me.

>Feminism became too broad
I think that's a good thing, otherwise feminism would exclusively be manhating.

>Mainstream feminism" is just a bunch of angry journalists, isn't it?
Ye, and angry bubble kids.

This thread is so fucking pathetic

Is Barnes and Nobel the American version of Chapters?

>sexy Bosnian shorty
arent Bosnians kebab rape babies?

She did have a little caramel in her skin but she was still obviously caucasoid.

maybe, but most people aren't autistic

maybe they should be, racial purity is the cornerstone of a truly multicultural society :^)

Lefties are not individualists. You'd be hard pressed to even call them individuals

This is EXACTLY what I imagine women and shemen sound like when they're spazzing out online.

why does the male singer sounds such a weak beta cuck? why no more manly jim morrison?
youtube.com/watch?v=kE32pvvaDT8

>be me
>little over 2 years ago
>go to b&n
>select 5 or so books
>realize the total is going to be around 100 shekels
>put books back
>go home
>go on IRC and download books for free
>read them on my kindle and save 100 shekels

I pity people who spend absurd amounts of money on books from b&n. At least go to a used books store or your local library. books need to be much cheaper b&n wants to stay around. I always cringe when I see the booktubers with 100s of books on their shelves which mean thousands of dollars were spent reading YA books.

>be mentally slow and shallow as fuck
>cope by bringing up irrelevant nationality shit in every thread
>"ur le slave because pills exist"
So this is the power of foreign discourse

>go to Barnes and Noble looking for THE GREEKS
>"Hello sir, can I help you?"
>Yeah, do you have the collected works of Epictetus?
>"Of what?"
>Epictetus
>"Haha I didn't get that"
>EH-PIC-TAY-TUS. E-P-I-C-T-E-T-U-S
>"Let me search our catalog for you"
>Watching over his shoulders I see him type, as two separate words, "Epic Teetis"
>"Sorry sir we don't have it :^)"

I ended up finding a copy in the "Eastern Philosophy and Meditation" section, but it was a thought-a-day book full of mangled quotes and accompanied by pastel drawings and egotistical musings on relationships by some unmarried middle aged woman who signed herself as the "co-author" on the cover in letters four times the size of "Epictetus".