So has anything superior been written yet?

So has anything superior been written yet?

my diary desu

What's the point of MM? Has anything valuable whatsoever been harvested from it for anyone outside of shitty occult circles that don't know anything valuable to begin with?

This

What is it? Speculative Edge?

OotW is philosophy. MM is mysticism.

orgy of the fags was better

What to add?

There's a mystical element to OotW.

>106. The higher you rise, both physically and spiritually — but mainly spiritually — the more all the creatures around you fade away and slowly disappear. Your parents, friends and relatives, not to mention the person in the street, become dead, can hardly be said to exist for you any more, while all the great figures of the past that all these shortsighted little creatures deem "dead", the philosophers and conquerors, gradually come alive, until one day they are all around you. You play at the higher level, where no one ever truly "dies", and where titanic forces are still waging their eternal struggle in which the pathetic little creatures all around you are not even important enough to be considered pawns; but dirt, atoms, nothingness.

>121. And just as the weak creature inserts God wherever it feels its weakness, the strong creature inserts itself wherever it feels its strength, and ultimately in itself. To believe so much in oneself as to become one's own religion. And people think that I am an atheist. I am not an atheist, I am God.

>1. And as God once spun the whole world out of himself, so too the time will come for the world to coalesce and fuse in such a way as to recreate God.

>13. The kingdom of God is inside you, said the Nazarene. But the subhumans are still looking for it, not merely outside themselves, but even "outside" the universe. You can lead a mule to water...

I have nightmares about icycalm desu
I constantly meet him and he's a pretty chill fun guy except somehow extremely intimidating and I feel anxious all of the time

You can feel the searing contempt he has for you underneath the surface.

I wouldn't call that mysticism. It's far too coherent.

yes, probably

it's the demon inside of him.
I'm not joking.

It's a common theme in Christian spirituality that the more you advance in the spirit, the more "dead" the world seems to you. St. Catherine of Siena says that it is literal nothingness, and a book written by a monk called The Spiritual Combat says that the world becomes like a "dream" to you.
However, the departure is when, instead of seeing the world as nothing in the Face of God, he sees it as nothing compared to himself. So he's just suffering from the apotheosis of narcissism and megalomania. It's bad metaphysics. No matter how much you expand your Ego and make the world seem puny in comparison, the fact is you are a (weak and little) man that could die at any moment. Puff your chest how much you want about your great ambition and achievements, the fact is you are going to pass away like a shadow and be utterly forgotten.

>you are a (weak and little) man that could die at any moment
But the greats of history have yet to die.

. And just as the weak creature inserts God wherever it feels its weakness, the strong creature inserts itself wherever it feels its strength, and ultimately in itself. To believe so much in oneself as to become one's own religion. And people think that I am an atheist. I am not an atheist, I am God.

My katana just unsheathed itself.

>However, the departure is when, instead of seeing the world as nothing in the Face of God, he sees it as nothing compared to himself.
the world doesn't fade away, but normal life and normal people do
small but immediate forces are looked past and more important ones come into focus, but they are still the world

of course you may evaluate icycalm himself as you wish, but it seems obvious to me that great men would concern themselves with each other more and more

We just don't know those who did.

>The kingdom of God is inside you, said the Nazarene. But the subhumans are still looking for it, not merely outside themselves, but even "outside" the universe. You can lead a mule to water..
This guy doesn't understand the first thing about Christian humility or charity. He began to frame a point around the teachings of the Nazarene and then sincerely spoke of his fellow man as being "subhumans" in the very same point. It boggles the mind... I don't want to slander this man, not knowing anything about him, but if I'm being honest this really does read like something that a megalomaniac would think. Who is this person?

Humility before God means acceptance to the fact that many people who you desire to be smart, beautiful, noble... Are in fact, just goyim.

I disagree, and don't think myself particularly noble either. I have a long ways to go before I can be proud of myself.

>But the greats of history have yet to die.

In Homer's Odyssey, Achilles is in the underworld and he says it's better to be a slave on earth than a king in Hades.

The Roman Emperor Severus said: "I have been everything, and it was nothing."

Diogenes asked Alexander the Great how the bones of the conquerer's father might differ from those of a slave.

The "greats of the earth" are just as dead as the beggars and prostitutes.

>The "greats of the earth" are just as dead as the beggars and prostitutes.
Beggars and prostitutes don't live through us today. Ancient philosophers, scholars, artists, scientists, and other great intellectuals do. So, I think your statement is false.

>Beggars and prostitutes don't live through us today.
What is biology?

[...] With Lao Tzu as his host, Confucius literally buried himself in books for days on end in the royal library. Books were a rare possession of a few privileged people, and Confucius had never seen so many books before. It opened his eyes, and laid the foundation for his career as an educator.

At the farewell party held at the city gate, Lao Tzu said to him in a soft and clear voice, “Men of wealth give money as a gift on such an occasion while men of virtue and knowledge give advice. I had neither money nor virtue. Let me pretend as a man of knowledge only for the moment to say a few words to you, our honourable guest, Confucius. Firstly, what you are studying and teaching now is all from ancient men, who died a long time ago and even their bones have rotted away. Those written words are in fact only their footprints, neither their shoes nor their feet, let alone what was in their minds. Don’t regard their words as some sort of unbreakable dogma. Secondly, as a man of virtue and knowledge, you can have your own cart and live a luxurious life. If the time does not permit, it will be perfectly okay as long as you can manage to survive. Thirdly, once I was told of an old saying: a good merchant does not show his goods and a man of utmost virtue is always simple. It will do you good if you cut off your pride, get rid of your greed, reduce your haughtiness, throw away some of your ambitions. It will serve your family better, and it will serve your state better if you are not too stubborn no matter whenever, wherever, and whatever.”

Confucius was puzzled at the first few words and felt totally lost when Lao Tzu finished his speech. At one point, Confucius had determined to ask all the questions to get to the root of the matter. But at the end, Confucius seemed to be shrouded in thick fog and nothing was clear. He knew neither what to ask nor how to ask. His heart was still pounding, ears humming, and his throat choking when everyone at the party had dried their cups and were saying goodbye.

Was this really the same Lao Tzu whom he had stayed with in the last few weeks in the capital? Lao Tzu had been a kind, warm, and often humorous, old gentleman, treating him as his own son. There had always been a full answer whatever Confucius’s question was.

When Confucius was on his way home with the capital in the distance, a few men were hunting on horse back. A duck fell from the sky at the release of the bowstring. It suddenly dawned on Confucius who recited slowly, “Birds can fly but will fall at the hunter’s arrow. Fish can swim but will be hooked by the fisherman. Beasts can run but will drop into people’s nets and traps. There is only one thing that is out of man’s reach. That’s the legendary dragon. A dragon can fly into the sky, ride on clouds, dive into the ocean. A dragon is powerful yet so intangible to us. Lao Tzu is a dragon, and I’ll never understand him.”

Conquests in the world of imagination may very well be as challenging as conquests in the real world, or more so, but the conquerors of the real world tend to be the more memorable ones.

So how vivid is your memory of the Battle of Cannae or the Battle of Trafalgar?

>What is biology?
A field of study that is irrelevant to the discussion. Besides, I'm not sure about you, but I don't have any records of beggars or prostitutes in my family history.

> I'm not sure about you, but I don't have any records of beggars or prostitutes in my family history.
Not in the records, but they do echo themselves apparent whenever I have a biological urge.

Mysticism is generally incoherent because it's ancients trying to describe a psychological concept in a time when we had very little knowledge about how the mind works; we weren't even sure if the mind had a physical basis so you end up with a lot of talk about soul, union with the god-head, etc.

Icy is communicating a lot of the same ideas as old mystics but it's more coherent. Example.

>For the eternal enemy of God is not, and has never been the Devil (for in fact the two of them are one and the same being)

I wouldn't call him a mystic though. He's not mentally unstable enough to qualify. Jung went nuts and wrote the red book, Nietzsche was nuts and probably wrote in trance-like states, Paul had a fucking seize on the road to Damascus. Socrates was advised by his daemon on a regular basis.

I seriously wonder if icy has had any experiences that would qualify as mystical that seems to be abnormally common among philosophers.

t. icy

>in a time when we had very little knowledge about how the mind works
Why are these geese trampling others on the Internet?

Well it's not that the theology you are talking about is wrong; it's that these are weak people so of course they wouldn't identify them-self with God.

Theology from stronger people in Christianity did approach the idea that a person is an aspect of God. Gnosticism and the Hersey of the Free Spirit for example (the later of which is actually in the genealogy of Nietzsche's thoughts). After all they being big people they are doing a lot moving and shaking.

So both theologies are true, the lower Christians are just confused about the nature of God. For instance they do not believe God has an evil nature.

What a fag desu

I am afraid of him. I think that might be a good thing.

He says in the preface who the work is for, if you are not the intended audience you will glean little of value from the work.

Is this a joke or are you IcyCalm? Because OotW is absolute trash.

Tbf the intended audience is gullible twats.

REI: Autistic
Icy: Schizoid

REI: NEET
Icy: Criminal

REI: Recognizes the importance of access to knowledge being free to everyone.
Icy: Recognizes that it's extremely profitable to charge gullible followers for access.

REI: "God is the absolute being, and Sofia is the way."
Icy: "I'm god."

REI: Natsoc
Icy: Alt right

REI: Believes children are pure beings.
Icy: Holds adulthood as closer to perfection.

Is there anyone in that "intended audience" that discusses him?

Why do you ask that as if "discussion" of something were the mark of truth or good? What is good and truthful will improve people's lives or have a positive impact on them, regardless of whether the thing is discussed or not. What's important is comprehension, not discussion, and only individuals comprehend, not groups. What's the point of discussing something if nobody discussing it comprehends anything?

I'd like to see how it's improving people's lives. Can't do that if there's no discussion of it anywhere.

sigh... You just are unable to get it, right? You're like a blind robot.

So, any place that discusses him? Google turns up no results besides archives of Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums.

MM seems absolutely worthless after a quick glance. Can someone tell me what they think his best aphorisms are because it is nothing special in my eyes.

>MM seems absolutely worthless after a quick glance.
>it is nothing special in my eyes.

What does that say about you?

REI = Mac
Icy = Micro&Soft PC

Icy was a Mac fan actually.

sounds like he's regurgitating things I could learn from other people and trying to intimidate people into submitting themselves to his will. Typical LHP FAGGOT

You going to pretend your lineage consists of philosophers, scholars, artists, scientists, and other great intellectuals and deliberately misunderstand and continue to evade what is a good point. Dead is dead. The Ancient Greeks valued legacy as a kind of immorality, as you are doing, but the passages references in the Odyssey demonstrate they at least suspected it was a very poor consolation.

>trying to intimidate people into submitting themselves to his will

What does that even mean? That he is trying to convience people of certain things, like everyone else on the planet? Or is it the intimidation thing you don't, that he swears a lot.

There's no good point there. "Dead is dead" means you don't understand the other side of the argument at all. There are men who are immortal because they continue to influence people in extremely great ways today. Some ancient era slave who spent his life putting stones on top of other stones may have "influenced" the cosmos to a degree, but a degree that is so laughably small that no one would ever bother to consider it. Meanwhile, you have philosophers who are still read and discussed, and who shape and form entire fields of study, and drastically change how men think with the powerful, ingenious words they left behind. And they didn't do that for the fame of it; they did it because they were destined to, something else that Christians refuse to acknowledge.

I read his first fifty aphorisms and thought there was nothing profound about them. I'v read the complete works of Nietzsche and like aphoristic writing when its done well.

I understand the other side perfectly. It's you who's having difficulties because you want to wax philosophical about the lasting meaningful nature of influence like some pubescent jenkem huffing faggot. Archilles himself makes the point, retard. Dead is dead.

He is the type of guy who hasn't had any genuine experiences. He hasn't seen. He's just a philosophizer. You can tell because he ascribes everything to personal mental states alone, when the truth is that there are intelligent forces in this world that are wholly Other. They act externally on and through us, not the other way around. There are spirits in this sublunary realm that covet physical form. They don't resent it. They want it. They can move minds better than physical objects, so that's how they work. We are used as intermediate puppets through acts of influence to move and shape the physical world for them, until we start to get a real notion of what is going on it will keep happening. We used to know all about this stuff in the distant past but we've forgotten now thanks to nonsense like logical positivism. He does this anemic power fantasy stuff like proclaiming that he is God because he's arrogant and clueless.

Say what you will. Icy makes it clear: the future does not care about people who do not care about the future, like yourself. The very manner of which our society currently runs is proof of the concept.

The future doesn't care about those who care about it or those who don't, mongoloid. Shove your New Age bullshit up your cramhole.

Other than this statement >He is the type of guy who hasn't had any genuine experiences

Nothing else you said made sense; and that statement is just wrong if you've looked even closely at his personal life and interests. You aren't addressing any of points or tenants and seem to be moving away from with a whole bunch of empty words.

>The future doesn't care about those who care about it
Tell me what you think caring about the future means.

I can't articulate a lot of these experiences to you in a way that you'd find rationally fitting. If you want to write me off as a kook that's fine. I'm starting to understand that it's a thing that I's best get used to hearing, so I have to learn to take it in good stride. People like this guy don't understand that this world is also spirit world, among other things. This academic and new age inclination to subsume everything within the purview of mental states is completely incorrect. There are other external forces and intelligences at play.

>That he is trying to convience people of certain things, like everyone else on the planet?
smart and strong minds who will spread his ideas, every notion and sign is charged with intent and the power/will of its creator. He knows this, anyone who studies esotericism carefully knows that where you got information from, though it does not determine the validity of the information (as liberals and christians will tell you) it does tell you about intent and whether its good to repeat or subsume into your own mind.
>swearing
no I like vulgar language and calling people subhumans, I just don't trust lunatic LHP egoists to be safe in their dealings, to not invite forces that are dangerous into play and to not try to use me as a chattel for their ends. Study Satanism and Thelema for more about this kind of mind domination. People actively try to use each other for philosphical and spiritual ends. Just as people abuse and deceive each other in politics, war, business and sex. we're all in competition, war of all-against-all as Hobbes put it, you'd do well to be mindful of which people you let into your head.

>Nothing else you said made sense

It makes sense to me (and it's true), and I'm sure it makes sense to many others too. The fact that you're mentally and spiritually deficient doesn't mean that what you can't comprehend is "nonsense".

What did RYE mean by this?

> LHP egoists
Left-hand path?

>Just as people abuse and deceive each other in politics, war, business and sex. we're all in competition, war of all-against-all as Hobbes put it, you'd do well to be mindful of which people you let into your head.

I assure you, my reasons for wanting to absorb icy's ideas are entirely selfish and egotistical. That's really how you get 'safe', any other motive for learning is reactive, which means you are in one way or another someone's bitch.

Are you stupid

I understand you dude.

I call it the play of the Gods. ;)..

I know who IC is, but who is this dood on the left?

REI, the author Mundus Millennialis. Who the fuck else?

*of

Uh oh, you can't say that here. The retards of Veeky Forums genuinely considered him insightful.

I never understood that particular meme, I know people here are dumb but Icycalm is so obviously full of shit

>and trying to intimidate people into submitting themselves to his will
That's not quite right. His writing style, while second nature to him no doubt, is actually much more nuanced and complex than you make it seem.

He is a serious reader of Nietzsche, and he adopts Nietzsche's very clever and brilliant understanding of writing in an intentionally challenging style, which is partly why Nietzsche wrote in aphorisms and structured them like a puzzle most of the time. The challenging style is part of the philosophy that is being imparted on the reader. It inspires those who are best suited for the philosophy: those who are motivated by a compelling adversary. It filters the cowards whose fee-fees get hurt easily and everyone else who possesses eyes and ears that aren't emotionally ready for the insights in the text. It's also the most natural way to express philosophy: philosophers love riddles, they love masks, they love exploring and they love dividing and conquering intellectually. Both Nietzsche and Icy are being real with themselves, which is what makes them free spirits.

And the harsh tone of Icy's writing fits his radical (as in, awesome) philosophy of pure science fiction love and madness. I couldn't imagine it any other way. It wouldn't be him if it was written otherwise; the same insights would not be available in the work otherwise. Just like a GOOD video game, he presents himself as a completely relentless force on the reader. There's no "forgiving" faggotry present in his work, you look at the challenge ahead and either step up to the plate and decipher the work and why he speaks in the tone that he does if you don't yet realize why (because he enjoys it, of course) and how it's important (because he has brilliant insights and his character is a good deal responsible for that), or you turn away like a coward and become a whiny bitch about it, making up excuses about his apparently "shallow" writing that boil down to "he's mean :(" and "I can't show him off to my pseud friends, because he'll hurt their fee-fees too, so I don't like him". Your move. And that is exactly the point of the writing style, to get you to make a move, which everyone who encounters his work does, whether they are conscious of it or not.

>tfw he's right

this is like one of the easier aphorisms from mundus

This whole post is about you admiring the chicanery of a sophist that you enjoy and probably want to grow to be like in your older age.
>the harsh tone of Icy's writing fits his radical (as in, awesome) philosophy
Wew. It's all ego-driven bs, friend.

Sorry, I'm a brainlet...

So how does Bukowski fit into that worldview?

You shouldn't be anxious. He is not out to make anyone anxious (except for his enemies, the sniveling dogs in the world seeking to destroy him, as part of a tactic), not to say that he really cares if he does make a bystander anxious. He is out to obliterate the cancers that he can see festering on the planet, no more, no less. He does this not because he is some sadistic asshole, but because he is deeply passionate about things, and if you are going to do right by the things you are passionate about, you will defend them to the death and without mercy, and if the things you are passionate about are, in a sense, ALL THE THINGS, all of life, especially the strong and the free spirits within it (if there is really a distinction between life and the strong; the weak certainly do not grant life to anything, they only take life away), then you must be a grand, merciless opponent to all forms of nihilism present in the world, which manifests itself in extremely devious and sly ways. It may sound crazy, and maybe even a little humorous, but Icy is really a lover, as was Nietzsche. Nietzsche called himself a tragic philosopher for good reason: to adore greatly means one must despise greatly too.

If you still get anxious, but can't ignore him, then you have only one option: do right by him. To do that, you have to stop extending yourself beyond your boundaries, which you are clearly doing. You have to reconcile the fact that you are weaker than him. As soon as you understand that, and overcome it, and the anxiety washes away, then you can better tend to what you are capable of doing, which is not playing at the level that he plays on, but maybe doing something else that can be valuable in a small way to society. If you are happy in your place and you do the contribution that you can and make the grandest sacrifices that you are able to, no one can hate you for that. You did what you could do. It's a lot better than being an anxious mess or worse, being a resentful piece of shit.

>masturbating this hard

>tfw can't tell if creative shitposting due to boredom or kid with next level daddy issues
I'm going to be kind and assume the former.

>how dare you say what you think in front of me
Fuck you too, dude.

Little bit of A, little bit of B. Nice trips.

Hmmm

Go to bed, Icycalm

Calm down. You've got too many ideas swirling around in your head; get some water or something man.

i couldn't make it simpler to understand without destroying meaning, but he is just outlining that organic life goes through four simple phases from conception to death. his discussion of plasma relates to later aphorisms of mutability of the self and the rest of the universe. you'll have to read the rest of those on your own. read his glossary and pay more attention to the colors if you still have problems

It's from an illustration from an alchemical treatise from the XV century.

he's clearly asking for evidence of discussion as a signifier of potential importance for him

little bit of B makes the A, user.
B Superceded and dictatates truth, so maybes, doesnt work this way

I just dream that we hang out and maybe play video games
he acts courteous and friendly (so obviously it's some form of dream) but I still feel lots of threat radiating out from him

MM is just sublime, every entry seems so gracefully crafted, both stylistically, and logically.

Is that Yaldabaoth feeding of of Sophia's essence, and excreting it as souls onto Earth?

Damn...

Isn't this just a fallacy made poetic?

What is?

>Thus
dropped

icy is great, MM is parody

It's pseud bullshit. Don't worry about it.

I had a series of dreams about him. He's ridiculously happy in all of them, like he's on drugs, he also speaks only in rhymes, puns or alliteration.