twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Giovanni

Dante

Joseph Smith

>>>/cross/ you fucking heretic

Virgil has yet to find me, so I'll look to the stones for my protection

DFW

my favorite sci-fi writer

Probably Chesterton. Maybe Husymans, if you think his faith was genuine. Nah, it's Chesterton.

Dostoevsky is not a Christian.
The best Christian writers are theologians, especially modern theologians. You do not know them because you are LARPing scum.

>Dostoevsky is not a Christian

And I asked for novelists, not theologians.

bait

George Macdonald is the best novelist and theologian.

george-macdonald.com/articles/theology.html

For his novels check out Phantases and Lillith.

>theology
>not LARPing
>also anyone associated with the church not LARPing
heathen

>I can't have authentic faith therefore no one can

Best christian novelist, Melville. Dostoevsky is top tier though. Best poet, Dante. Honorable mention to Milton. Best writer, Saint Paul.

Graham Greene

Theologians write more creatively than novelists.

Nikos Kazantzakis

Was Melville really a Christian? The Confidence Man seems to suggest he LACKED confidence in the final triumph of Christ, and several of the Piazza Tales (most notably The Lightning Rod Salesman) imply he held a strong contempt for organized religion.

God, what a loser you are

This. The Last Temptation of Christ is god tier

Evelyn Waugh

That man has an interesting look.

Tolstoy, despite his sinful life.

>dostoyevsky
>christian
top lel

Stop.
Tolstoy was an Arian, so no.

>inb4 dostoyevsky was actually a nihilist

>nobody has mentioned Cervantes yet

Plebs

Dostoevsky was 18th century Peterson. He wasn't atheist but wasn't convinced enough to be religious, he just acted like it was true.

Dont you EVER talk about dosto that way again you FUCKING cunt

>Dostoevsky was 18th century Peterson
there it is, the most disgusting sentence I've ever read

Veeky Forums is now so far an abyss you can't even see the high watermark to feel nostalgic

Why hasn’t C S Lewis appeared here yet? The only Prot with half a brain.

lol

Dostoyevsky is probably the greatest Christian ever kek

C. S. Lewis was great. The Great Divorce is one of my favorite books because of its rich philosophical and theological substance contained in such simple allegories. A great deal of the personal and spiritual advice I offer to my friends is derived from this book.

I like his book Till we have Faces best.

I like Narnia myself. I just haven’t gotten round to his nonfiction, apart from a few essays. I’m thinking Mere Christianity>A Grief Observed. Looks like I’ll have to fit in those two as well.

>Why hasn’t C S Lewis appeared here yet?
Because he's trash

I'm inclined to agree that Melville was a non-Christian, but an informed one. I believe (and tell me if I'm wrong) that a major theme of Moby-Dick is the unforgivable sin... the informed rejection of God. He called it "a wicked, sinful book" or something similar in a letter to Hawthorne. I also the end of Chapter 132: The Symphony and the part about "breaking through the mask" in Chapter 37 are referring to this theme.

It is. Literally but also figuratively

This is what Petersontards actually believe.
You adore garbage, you are garbage.

>18th century
You mean 19th century.

Jesus

I can't imagine how low the IQ of people like you is. It's terrible seeing someone talk in memes.