How it Veeky Forums the smartest board on the site?

Are you smart because you read?
Or do you read because you are smart?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xDLCwv6z-wc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BUMP

You are smart because you read, you read to gain knowledge and also sometimes for entertainment purposes

Reading doesn't magically make you smart. Applying the information you obtain through reading in meaningful/purposeful ways is demonstration of intelligence. Brain stimulation, expanded vocabulary yada-yada, etc. Reading mind-numbing garbage with no literary merit won't do anything for you.

It's the book elves. Read more than 15 classics and they start writing posts for you.

It's not. Veeky Forums just has the strongest culture of pretense and posturing.

>Veeky Forums
>smart
user, I...

we are smart because we are fast

>It's not. Veeky Forums just has the strongest culture of pretense and posturing.

True dat, even Veeky Forums restrained by comparison

>literary merit
define that

The main things with Veeky Forums is that a larger % of anons are willing to engage in a discussion instead of base name-calling and trolling.
People here are also have a slightly better reading comprehension than most of Veeky Forums (not that it's flawless) and we're not fazed by a 3-line post (considered a wall of text according to millennial standards).
Careful thinking or whatever allows most anons to express themselves better as well (which comes either from reading or from writing).

>the strongest culture of pretense and posturing
I've been here since 2007 and I haven't been to many boards, but I'd say that would be /a/: the no spoon-feeding culture is utterly disgusting.

Maybe I'm dumb and I read because I think it will make me smarter. But does having the motivation to do that make me smart?

Or am I just following the age old meme that reading is good for the mind?

I'm probably of average intelligence, but I am so riddled with inferiority complex that I feel like I need to read more to make up for it.

youtube.com/watch?v=xDLCwv6z-wc

No one here is smart

Forgot to mention that anti-intellectualism (and feeling proud of it) is an actual thing in most boards, a sentiment rarely expressed in a board devoted to books.

I feel exactly the same. ;_;

I believe it’s a cycle that begins with the latter and shifts to the former. Technically it starts with being “smart” enough to pick up a book which gives one more knowledge and so on.

thematic integrity and execution

bmup

Socrates PLEASE

Wouldn't say we're smart is that most big dick books require critical thought, I.e., being able to hold opposing thoughts.

What would be the smartest board on Veeky Forums if not Veeky Forums then?

yes

Meh
Some of the smartest boards are Veeky Forums ,Veeky Forums and /g/ but they’re all on the same level

>sci/
>smart
???