"I have never been in love with a woman,” the entry read, “but I have quite often fallen in love with a man...

>"I have never been in love with a woman,” the entry read, “but I have quite often fallen in love with a man. . . . I feel in love with a man before I knew what pederasty was. . . . Beauty has always been a powerful factor in my attractions; there is D—, for example. I shall never forget the night we left Pirogovo together, when, wrapped up in my blanket, I wanted to devour him with kisses and weep. Sexual desire was not totally absent, but it was impossible to say what role it played."
>He seems to have felt there was something holy in submission to Chertkov’s will, but the bond wasn’t strictly spiritual. Chertkov liked to keep plenty of handsome peasant youths nearby; as a young man, Tolstoy had written that he’d loved only men, and never women. He worried, pathetically, about Chertkov not loving him enough, even as friends and family wondered how such a great man could love such a cad.
>In one letter, Tolstoy wrote Chertkov that they loved each other "unlawfully, more than brotherly."
What did he mean by this?

He wasn't gay. He just had a gay fetish.

That the greatest writers of all time are all gay.

Didn't Harold Bloom say something to this effect

Bisexual to be more clear. Shakespeare for example

Was Herman Melville gay?

Was Saint Paul gay?

That every man is kind of bi, but that it is his duty as a Christian to suppress such illicit feelings

no homo

This explains SO much

I'm not gay.

Saul the jew a great writer? lol

lol what a fag.
although now it makes total sense that he's norm's favorite writer.

Puzzled?
Feeling down?
Don't know what to do?

Your Gay Friend Leo Tolstoy Comes to Rescue!

Watch now on Netflix.

Why would you say that. Norm is deeply closeted he would hate this gay stuff

you mean love

yes.

also yes

and criminal, and straihgt, and cowardly, and courageous etc
the more possibilities you contain, the greater your art

Figuratively. :^)

For Hawthorne, yes.

Just for one guy, which makes it better in a way. He was homosexually attracted to Hawthorne's similar sensibilities and exceptional intellect.

Yes, he was a great writer. Because he cucked all of us. He cucked the entire world only 20-50 years after Jesus and still doing it. What a achievement.

He is the false prophet and Constantine is the antichrist. Didn't you read the Book of Revelation? That is what the book is about.

Important distinction: Gay when it was not okay to be gay.

Being gay provided one of the tensions that spark creativity, which itself is always the result of some sort of unsolved problem or tension. Now that society has successfully normalised homosexuality, at least in the West, you can see gays becoming as dull as everyone else.

This is how progressivism kills good art, it removes its prime cause of unresolved tensions. Now the only people who still have that tension within them and between them and the world are actually people who reject progressivism. It is no longer an outsider position to be a degenerate homosexual. The worthwhile art today is created by straight white males who don't embrace multiculturalism and progressive liberalism. It's the only truly offensive mode of being left. Even jihadism is less controversial.

That men are objectively better than women. A woman is nothing more than meat with holes, but a man is everything.

Nigger you don't launch a religion without being a good writer

>founder of mormonism was literally illiterate

was Nietzsche gay?