Scientism is dead

so now that we're out of the postmodern buddhist/nihilist/atheist stage is it fair to say that Christianity is making a literary, high brow, intelligencia comeback?

Just look at david bentley hart or james cutsinger.

I think it's still a while away.
Relativists aren't going to relinquish their cushy positions at the top of academia. Maybe give it another 15 years.

What alternate timeline did you come from exactly? God is dead. God remains dead. I wish it were otherwise.

keep searching you're still in the dark because you got psyoped

I think we're headed for some rad new-age spirituality soon. the internet is like a giant magnifying class for introverted and existentially depressed, personally I hope there'll be another attempt at genuine multiculturalism for the sake of celebrating and uplifting self-knowledge.

Everything has become commodified, for example hipster culture is like a branch of Capitalism. How do you commodify existentialism? You can't, consumerism is the very the opposite of one of its main tenets

>How do you commodify existentialism? You can't
How wrong you are, anything can become a commodity under capitalism.
>Christianity making a comeback
I fucking wish, it's mostly larpers online who do the same for Islam, if you look among the normies you'll see how overwhelmingly irreligious they are

But the normies don't dictate our direction. They follow.

hard to get around the absurdity that, ya know, the creator of the universe is a jew that became human and killed himself to save mankind

>How do you commodify existentialism?

Make a bunch of youtube videos talking about it in a really dumbed down way. It's already happening

>I think we're headed for some rad new-age spirituality soon. the internet is like a giant magnifying class for introverted and existentially depressed

No good spirtual movements come from the herd. Buddihism was from prince. Gnostism was from educated upper-class. Renaissance mysticism was formed from aristocrats. Platonism was founded by the elites at the time. Avveroesm didn't come from the hordes of muslims but from one smart cookie. Nietzsche and Jung were highly educated academics that spoke 5 languages, not a bunch of teenagers on youtube. Campbell was not a making youtube videos.

If we get something from the hordes of internet dwellings it will be decadent and stupid. Think about what the alt-right does with politics, like their 'kek' movement, imagine how shitty their spiritual thinking will be.

God exists beyond and prior to his incarnation as a carpenter.

> killed himself to save mankind
sacrificed.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

I don't know about spirituality coming back per se but I do think there's about to be a massive reaction to our era's more or less forced ironic detachment from anything that could suggest attachment to an archetypal value like true love, being a hero, etc. all things that normal people can't associate unironically with today without being cringed at or called autistic

That is only our case though, most people are quite sincere when it comes to some of these topics

A large portion of people in American society at least would be creeped out if they went on a third date and heard the words "I love you". That's both disgusting and pretty fucking amazing if you think about it. It's not just Veeky Forums.

>scientism is dead
Not even close. Science is just starting to become a new God for the masses.

>postmodernism is dead
I can agree with this. Most youngsters are more into Peterson, but unironically. We should salvage what we can from it and push elsewhere.

God really needs to make a comeback. Its a big reason why literature sucks so fucking hard rn

No.

>scientism
>postmodern/buddhist/atheist
I think you're conflating a lot of things here, user...
>Most youngsters are more into Peterson
no

>no
Literally every illiterate normie is praising him. Just because Veeky Forums knows that he's a hack doesn't mean that an average normie does.

>How wrong you are, anything can become a commodity under capitalism.
The goths and emos tried it, REI tried it, but at the end of the day it isn't genuine

The horde at least seems more aware than the soullessness exhibited in the 80s and in general the comfort of science and modernity. The isolated loners are no longer such, instead of being persuaded into assimilating they can express their confusion about reality in the form of sad frogs, etc. the explicit irony and apprehension of decaying institutions ("educational video games", sex bots, CRISPR) and postmodern angst will ask for some sort of answer or call to action.

I think youtube is just the beginning. It's shitty and falls short, viewers (hopefully) will thinking about questions that Jordan Peterson isn't talking about.

Yeah I hope so.

Scientism isn't even close to 'new God for the masses'.

>scientism is dead
Not really. Scientism (and therefore materialism) is the main dogma nowadays. Mass media, openly promovotes science as the tool for human deveploment. Though governements (first world countries) can be reluctant, at the end they invest on science with the hope of improve the current infrastructure. At first glance I don't have problem with this, however, at the same time this materialistic conception has drained our spirit. Modern western society aims to destroy all the differences between humans to build an uniform consumerist mass. I don't see any spiritual renaissance on the future, in fact It looks dreary.

>Science is just starting to become a new God for the masses.
That started a long time ago, particularly positivism, till romanticism happened

If you want to make some statement sounds as true (even if it's a blatant farse), just say it was a conclusion of a Harvard /MIT study. Though you are right on the illiteracy of general public on science, they will believe any shit with the sign of science.

Yaldabaoth is still around, user. I wish it were otherwise.

t. LARPer

LARPing for a degenerate God is certainty worse than LARPing for it's abolition

It's always so weird how materialists refer to God as if ihe were a material object. God is a meta cognitive structure. There's the material way of viewing reality whereby we use correspondance theory of reality wrt sensory data between many people, and then there's the spiritual way were a person subjectively creates a framework (God) for controlling and better understanding their qualitative experiences. I don't see how more people don't understand this and keep misusing terminology.

>scientism
This is a really dumb term that is mostly just a subset of progressivism anyway.

I just want to take issue with this:
>Scientism (and therefore materialism) is the main dogma nowadays.

By far the biggest defacto religion in post-industrial societies is the daddy of "scientism" which is "progress". And this isn't just a phenomenon of the political left, progress is also a touchstone of so-called conservatives and libertarians in the form of economic and technological progress. A common expression of this is on the right is when people lament that "if we didn't have such-and-such minorities, we'd be exploring the stars by now!!!"

Ever since the industrial revolution there has been a dominant progressive mindset that has manifested in different ways. Personally I think the key difference between now and - lets say - the Victorian era is how we implement the idea of "evolution" in societies - in other words, how we apply the idea of progress to humanity. The shift since back then, which is still playing out its consequences, was moving from biology (eugenics, social darwinism, ultimately symbolically refuted and intellectually abandoned after the defeat of nazism) to social consciousness (activism, critical theory and its political legacy). This current intellectual fad is clearly in some sort of symbiotic relationship with the most powerful corporations and governments, which all basically drink the koolaid on a very strange/narrow/unquestionable idea of diversity which ultimately looks a lot like imperialism if you stare at it long enough (in that the preferable outward identity is multi-national/multi-racial/etc. in the shallowest of ways, and is not really about the intellectual and cultural diversity it claims to exhort - but is actually an orwellian term better expressed as "uniformity")

Well, yes. The worship of "progress" instead of "materialism" as I said, points definitely better the idea that I wanted to express That's more profound.

One of Heidegger's essays on the question of technology deals with this, how we have created a system which seeks to further itself without seeking any greater purpose.

>How do you commodify existentialism?
Make a TV show called Rick and Morty and pitch it to 14-21 year olds

We're still in the nihilist stage. What world you're living in?

Try to add to the conversation next time instead of sniffing your own farts.

or being afraid to say what it is actually intended to mean

Nope, Christianity is a dying corpse and in the next 200 years it will become less and less relevant. We don't need the demons we summoned in order to face the horrors of nature anymore. Scientism in its current form is a philosophical dead end and the vast majority of scientists themselves, despite some loud moron like Krauss, know that. People who bitch about "progress" are morons. Change is the law of history (and innovation is the economic law of the present) and it can't be stopped.

And art. Modern art is a joke. Not even.

Ouch

This
Compare modern art to the titans who quite literally composed their work in honour of a god, like Milton, or Bach.

>david bentley hart
heretic, should be anathematized

You need help. Serious real help.
Your obsession with Japan and its ‘culture’ is distressing and a very obvious sign of one losing their grip on their very existence.

What I would suggest you do is to put down the anime, step away from FurAffinity, and perhaps pick up a piece of literature. The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoyevsky and the writings of Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, would be fantastic starts.

I truly am sorry to find you in quagmire and I hope you get the help you need.

t. Chinese who can't stand that his own country has no culture anymore

Artists making God-worthy art. The world needs this. God, but not stupid churches nor organized religion.

>Veeky Forums knows he's a hack
what about the teenage crossboarders constituting half this board who make 12 threads about him a day?

Oh

I'm not one of these nu-atheist plebs who constantly bitches about how religion is stupid but fundamentally religion consists in its art, and you see quite consistently that art in its highest form reaches for the same thing that religion does. Has anyone ever got that from these postmodernist works where nothing matters and everything is just critique, satire, or blatantly meaningless?
And everything has to be this self-conscious, self-referential mess which is afraid to really be itself. I haven't read a modern novel in years because of how bland and unambitious they are.

/thread

hello peterson

No Christianity is not making a comeback.

We will either:

1) Figure out an atheistic definition of a higher meaning (that actually MAKES SENSE)

2) Society will collapse.

Why dualism?

>dualism is the only atheistic philosophy with meaning

>cultural history alternates relativist paradigm and dogmatic paradigm

Don't thank me for reading your mind, user, just be less simplistic next time.

Haha

>hasn't read a modern novel in years
>somehow knows that they're bland and unambitious
Hmmm