I've lately fallen into a depression. It was prompted when I was thinking of the time I've wasted...

I've lately fallen into a depression. It was prompted when I was thinking of the time I've wasted, spent away from reading - and yet not living, but truly wasting. I fear the future, and wasted time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JK-dmKLFGnw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can start now and that will be just fine. Trust me.

you can't waste time. You can spend it on any number of different degenerate activities but you can't waste it. Maybe you wouldn't have the motivation to read if you hadn't 'wasted' your time.

Almost every intelligent person feels this from time to time.

Garry Kasparov (the 13th world chess champion, if you didn't know) pinned a large notice on his wall for many years:

IF NOT YOU - WHO?
IF NOT NOW - WHEN?

A bit like the habit, among the Renaissance nobility, of keeping a skull on one's desk as a gentle reminder: "get a move on, it's later than you think" :)

Anyway, if you want to achieve something in the field of reading, writing and thinking, the clock isn't ticking quite as ominously as if your ambition was rather to be, say, an Olympic gymnast :) So my advice would be, stop worrying :)

:)

But time is on my side

this video is meant for you youtube.com/watch?v=JK-dmKLFGnw

>I fear the future
the weak should fear the future

“Marry, and you will regret it; don’t marry, you will also regret it; marry or don’t marry, you will regret it either way. Laugh at the world’s foolishness, you will regret it; weep over it, you will regret that too; laugh at the world’s foolishness or weep over it, you will regret both. Believe a woman, you will regret it; believe her not, you will also regret it… Hang yourself, you will regret it; do not hang yourself, and you will regret that too; hang yourself or don’t hang yourself, you’ll regret it either way; whether you hang yourself or do not hang yourself, you will regret both. This, gentlemen, is the essence of all philosophy.”

Read books, and you will regret it; don't read books, you will also regret it; read books or don't read books, you will regret it either way.

In the world of competitive video games we have a concept called "tryhard" - a player who is so serious about winning that he makes himself and all his teammates miserable.

Stop being a tryhard.

If you don't "tryhard" at life then you might as well just give up and fucking die

False. Life plays itself when you don't tryhard.

where is my worked up libido supposed to go in that interval after I stop trying and before life kicks in to save me?

:)
Gives me ptsd

Down the drain.

Then stop wasting time on Veeky Forums and start reading you fucking retard.

Read books, and you will regret it;
No I won't. Everytime I read I feel meaning and fulfillment.

There isn't a psychic connection between my mind and the toilet tho?

I mean the metaphysical drain.

As in the "Yin" of the "Yin Yang"

>female passivity
wouldn't that make me a fag?

forgive yourself for the stagnancy and take action. stand still if you want, but don’t look back and ruminate

Stop larping as an autist. Ironic shitposts are still shitposts

Not OP by the way. I'm not even LARPing, these are questions I've considered myself a number of times. You aren't the first to bring these things up to me, I just want to explore them further.

I've McFallen

I legitimately want to know how to stop trying hard, since it seems difficult to conceptualize how I could sublimate my mental libido, and if doing so would make me weaker as a person.

what the fuck is mental libido can you talk as a normal person

i've never regretted reading a book

read Jung man. I just mean mental energy and focus of thought.

Could I survive off of raw potatoes for a week?

why would you want to tame it

yes

probably longer

because I keep hearing that not taming it is being a tryhard, and that if I did tame it then I would experience a calmer more satisfying life.

I was just thinking how I regret not having gone to parties, fucked girls, spent time with friends... instead I filled my head with useless knowledge.

>It is better to be a man dissatisfied...

I thought they could make you get a fever in large quantities

just don't eat the green ones

An Hero before it gets any worse.

... and you can't McGetUp.

It would've made absolutely no difference. In fact, "filling your head with useless knowledge" and "going to parties, etc." are perfectly equivalent, because in both case you are just trying to satisfy your ego/appetites. You would have regretted either one.

that’s your temperament i don’t see a use in taming it unless you’re experiencing great distress about your tryhardness. some people are more prolific than others. sounds like self sabotage desu

I enjoyed filling my head with facts though. It wasn't like I was forcing myself to study -- I have a natural inclination towards learning.

i regret having had parties. don’t look back man it’s a loss of energy

Did you know that I'm scared of pushing those hairs that are around my anus into my anus every time I push a pencil up my ass? I can feel them being plucked and it's really uncomfortable. Gotta love learning...

The appetite for knowledge is among the most vicious appetites. Look at the modern archetype of "mad scientist" and "Dr. Frankenstein", and see how excessive knowledge has been ruining the world.

Depression is a bitch. Stop thinking about the past and lost hours, start meditating and stay positive. Negativity can really screw you up. It's all in your head, if you can tune your thinking into a positive attitude things will get better

you're not depressed you just have too much free time and don't know what to do with it and are probably bored

Source that Kasparov really did that?

So should the white man, he should also fear the present and yearn for the past.

this actually turned into a good thread.
It's rare to see someone come on here and talk loosely about themselves without a massive shit storm.
The time you have spent is never really wasted. You either win or you learn.