What is the point of living Veeky Forums?

What is the point of living Veeky Forums?

reading

That's up to you smart guy

The point is whatever you make it, kid.

Dying

being towards death

Nothing. Reading is yesterday's internet, something to keep you interested. Better than having to hunt for food every day and night.

To experience existence

when you can’t die like pic related anymore unless you pay a crazy to do it? there’s no point user

to live life how you see fit, and then to die... for we all must face death.

If you had no agency in your birth what makes you think you have any in life?

To reach a higher standard of existance, for a human At least.

We must not fear him however, for Death will accept us with open arms.

making it part of a line

This and killing

I stand up chin-high and try to face the world,
But my spirit isn't ready to live yet.
I lay face-down in a muddy grave,
But my body isn't ready to die yet.

I look disappointed on Life and Death,
Like two friends that have moved away.
Not able to embrace Life or Death,
I stand alone shivering in the cold.

The world is cold, because like me,
It can't make its mind up between Life and Death.
All the world's citizens run back and forth,
Excited but dissatisfied.
Nor are they very willing,
To embrace and to warm each other.

What is missing is Love.
Only Love will make Life and Death bearable.
Only Love will turn these distant strangers into friends.

>All you need is love

Literally a Beatles song lyrics

The hippies were right. They just had an incomplete understanding of love which was overly sensual.

Put on your crusader clothes and walk into ISIS territory.

But is it really?

The point of life is to bear life's challenges nobly, and with grace and creativity.

I'VE BEEN BROWSING LIT FOR FOUR HOURS AND THINKING I NEED TO READ BUT I KEEP READING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE SHITPOSTING AND READING INSTEAD

I KEEP F5'ING CHAN INSTEAD OF READING EVERY HALF HOUR I JUST DECIDE ONE HALF HOUR MORE AND I CAN'T STOP THIS

I CAN'T

Realise that our shitposts are postmodern literature at a much higher level than any novel you could possibly read, and you will find peace, user-kun.

Love causes more suffering than anything else. It makes you perpetually worried for other people's well-being and sad about their immanent decline and death.

I NEVER ASKED TO BE BORN

I NEVER ASKED FOR ANY OF THIS

I FUCKING HATE BEING

That's not Love, that's Desire.
Love is detached from self.
See St. Paul's description:

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

put here against my will to respond to shill posters like (you)

So not wanting your friend to suffer terrible illness is mere desire and not born out of love?

It depends.

To the extent that you wish your friend well and do what you may to help him to avoid illness - that is love.

To get worried and upset about the prospect or the reality of illness - that is desire.

Love is peaceful and without anxiety; desire is the opposite.

The perpetual loss of innocence via learning and growing as an individual and appreciating the once-held innocence. There's no one point, in the same way there's no one way to glory. I like to think of it this way: The majority of the most important things we decide, we dont know why we do. I have no idea why I want to write, I have no idea why I like reading, but you have to basically give into your inner urges and be okay with them to an extent. Basically, give in to determinism and learn to feel like life gives you a choice, only through learning can you become more aware of choices, the point of life is that illusion, it's an illusion but that's the same as love, art, and religion.

To shitpost here about your search for purpose

Death smiles at us all, the best a man can do is smile back.

Sounds more like Buddhisty compassion than what is generally considered love in the west.

What is generally considered love in the west is a sub-Christian sub-Romantic sentimentalism.

slaving away for money so you can pay taxes, make your boss rich, and blow the rest on a bunch of worthless shit

I'm here since this morning, user. I'm supposed to write an article and translate some latin, but I simply can't get out.
Send help.

noice

Phew, looks like I'm doing it right.

Abomination.

>we must all face death
nuh uh, death is for people who smoke, eat junk food, and don't participate in the weekly office jog or buy kale chips. Us healthy people get to live forever.

to obtain power and further your ego

>Blow the rest on blow

To realize the unity of Atman and Brahman and attain moksha.

How do you do that?

you just have to get out of plato's cave

Beat it, or I'll beat you.

They don't have battle axes nor the strength to open up my skull in one swing, I would have to find a chechen autist among them and ask him to LARP with me and even then it wouldn't feel right, as you said I'm dressing up as a crusader. Those days are gone, I just want a Saxon or a Frank or a Dane to split open my head when I miss my chance to pierce his armor with my Zwiehander and then to have my skull opened to the heavens and my spirit leaves my body, and I know I will die an honorable death and go to heaven with my ancestors and await my family who will surely die soon after my falling in combat. Its just all so tiresome user

You get born and you try this and you don't know why only you keep on trying it and you are born at the same time with a lot of other people, all mixed up with them, like trying to, having to, move your arms and legs with strings only the same strings are hitched to all the other arms and legs and the others all trying and they don't know why either except that the strings are all in one another's way like five or six people all trying to make a rug on the same loom only each one wants to weave his own pattern into the rug; and it can't matter, you know that, or the Ones that set up the loom would have arranged things a little better, and yet it must matter because you keep on trying or having to keep on trying and then all of a sudden it's all over.

To get ready to stay dead a long time.

Live in the present and this question becomes irrelevant.

The scriptures and Vedanta commentaries teach the way.

the Upanishads and Brahma Sutras, remember how stupid people are, be kind and give them as much info as possible.

meant for