Read many books

>Read many books
>Begin to dread the ocean

What fears have reading instilled in you?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diving_reflex
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Interesting question. I think reading has made me less scared generally. But I'll think more on this.

Since so many books have characters suffer for action, as in they become a slave to plot, reading has instilled in me a fear of motion. I'm afraid if I do anything but remain static.

But the sea is our great sweet mother, user!

curve your pretension

The sea is our dissolution brother. It loosens the bonds of life.

I'm scared of myself

Where did life start ?

>What fears have reading instilled in you?

Hyperinflation.

Fear of Poles (Kosinski).
Fear of mirrors (Borges, my photo diary desu).
Fear that I will never be not depressed.
Fear that I will never find my "calling" or develop a real interest in anything material because I've read too much and lived vicariously through so many different characters nothing feels new anymore.

I work on the oceans. Books have taught me to fear other people.

nice try bitch you gotta lower the definition and brightness of the water as it gets further away. Painting lacks depth 3/10

Book about the ocean or seafaring are some of my most favorite.

I deathly fear the ocean. Why would God create humans on a planet that they cant survive on 2/3 of it? Is it some cruel joke about our limits? Like a child playing with ants and placing them upon a floating log on a lake only to abandon them? Is it a test to push our limits outside of the firmament?

God had to know what he was creating when he made the earth, and all of the life on it. We weren't meant to be trapped here on this spinning ball in a vacuum like a animal in a cage. He wouldnt of created us in his image if He didnt believe that we, one day, will ascend to His realm.

Hey, don't be rude. We're pretty good at swimming, and we have this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diving_reflex

the fear that I will forever be a slow reader

you should fear the ocean desu

That's pretty cool. I didn't know about that.

>fear of Poles
why tho

She's a pleb who makes paintings from photographs, what did you expect? You should have instantly recognized the fact and written her off.

Or do you not paint?

trying to kill myself and failing or not die instantly

how is painting from a photograph any different from an old master painting from life?

painters get incredibly butthurt about other painters who are more realistic than they are

yeah, you are referring to the "oceanic feeling", but going on land we evolved an identity, which split our self in two: water and land