Why do we hate him again?

why do we hate him again?

No hair and he weares glasses and has no color

He lived the faggot s&m give no fucks dream that Veeky Forums's been wetting itself each night over since it was 13. That and he had an amazing research team.

my sister noticed i was reading philosophy and got me some foucault volume, does she think im gay??

pro pedo gay guy

also french

>does she think im gay??
well there has to be some explanation why you haven't fucked your foucault reading sister, and that would be the most common one.

so /ourguy/ then?

brilliant guy who cared more about being cool than being correct

fair play to him

does your sister by any chance have pink hair?

retard

>legal punishment has gone from a culture of public humiliation and torture to that of mass industrialized prison slave labor
>the concept of the subjective self and the soul is a historical emergence previously established through a relation to the church/one's tribe and now reinforced through universalist pop culture and global commerce
>authority and domination is derived from regimes of truth and information control
>Roman spectacle and drama was largely replaced by Christian confessional and guilt cultures
>human sexuality is strongly coupled with flows of power (submission/domination/reciprocation)

which one of these is incorrect

>not getting the joke

>getting your jokes from youtube
>>>/zalfie/

Sauce for the second one?

Where to start with Foucault?

1 and 3 are from Discipline and punish... he talks about the self/soul in there as well but not in the context of the church so much

that's hardly an innovation of his, though, Hegel and Marx considered the subjective self just as much a historical development as Foucault. Hegel more so than Marx.

Massive faggot.

We don't. Foucault is good. We love Foucault. See

basically none of foucaults thought was novel, it was the presentation and interpretation that grabbed people's attention.

bump for this

>claim to be historian
>make up shit all the time and misquote sources on a regular basis
>claim everything is about power and ideology except his own way of thinking

Who are you quoting?

Fouceaux

discipline and punish is easiest to understand

history of sexuality is his real nigga shit tho

But how pop culture and global commerce reinforced something the church established?

why was he so obsessed with punishment that it even sexually exited him? He was just projecting his own psychopathology on society, similar to Pasolini (also a homosexual)

Disgusting things like wanting to suck delicious dicks, or dress in a pretty skirt, need to be supressed by the ego. And stay hidden in the id or shadow, or wherever those urges go.

>wherever those urges go
they turn into alcohol addiction, isolation, non-communication, and self abuse and then you get Jeffrey Dahmer

then the only difference between me an Dahmer is that I'm straight and (still) alive

which is why you needed to assert that

Might be the case with severe homosexuality, otherwise ignoring a bisexual urge to suck amazing, thick cocks isn't that difficult.

Nothing wrong with sucking dick but women should be exterminated I agree.

>moralfags to Nietzsche
YUO CAN'T CREATE YOUR OWN VALUES

>Foucault: *creates own values*
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If he was so smart why did he participate in gay BDSM orgies without protection during the height of the AIDs crisis?

he probably thought AIDS was a lie of the ruling system to surpress deviant behaviour

>Foucault is good
>We love Foucault

Speak for yourself

He laid the groundwork to anyone desiring to justify their own behavior, regardless of bad consequences. This helps creating discoruses that make rational decisions harder to implement.
The kind of thought that inspired the Revolt against vaccine in Brazil will now happen everywhere.
He helped accelerate the Schumpeterian rise of the intelectuals.

i think he probably suffered from OCD and went great lengths to frame the system of guilt and punishment deeply embedded in our society - not only in the sense of the laws, especially in the control we inflict one another and how it resonates with our intern punishment mechanism. if you have a look at what a torture dungeon the mind in ocd is you might start to see why he was so adamant about those themes. that’s my impression of him. most philosophers are obsessional, there’s a passage from nietzsche where he states that every philosophers’ philosophy is a means to quiet their inner trial

>Nietzsche creates own values in response to nihilism
>Foucault creates own values to justify his behavior

none, but all were known long before foucault started his works

I literally AM Veeky Forums dude, you can't argue with me.

>He laid the groundwork to anyone desiring to justify their own behavior, regardless of bad consequences

Holy shit... Gnostic texts from the 13th century would like to have a word with you.

Huge homo

Foucault worked/volunteered at insane asylums, dude wasn't exactly a pure hedonist

>faggot
>dies of aids
>megaliberal, would probably be BFFs with Hillary if he was still alive, but nope he got aids cause hes a faggot

>Foucault
>liberal
>not a pure realpolitiker, possible even a crypto-fascist

I’ve never heard this perspective, but certainly interesting. OCD is a plague of tortured uncertainty. Obsession’s connection to philosophy seems obvious.

Are there any other philosophers that wore a cool leather jacket?

David Chalmers