What are some Veeky Forums youtube channels? especially philosophy-related

what are some Veeky Forums youtube channels? especially philosophy-related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/Kurzgesagt
youtube.com/watch?v=S4k07oeDFUg
youtube.com/user/booksbetterthanfood
youtube.com/watch?v=rVCIdQFnr4I
youtube.com/watch?v=0mfLvaSWdyo
youtube.com/watch?v=-ugJZhL-cbc
youtube.com/user/vlogbrothers
m.youtube.com/channel/UCDBrIy2EJ2iDiO_R8sLBU2A
youtube.com/watch?v=lVrdKeaomKg
youtube.com/channel/UCB6S7aqYqUvCJSIIZ9T837w
youtube.com/channel/UCS7aoxEiTRtuYjZQTsaAVqg
youtube.com/channel/UClt01z1wHHT7c5lKcU8pxRQ
youtube.com/channel/UC9WQRw8jgJhag-vkDNTDMRg
youtube.com/channel/UClFLXO6ecX-ucJp9gGJYiDw
youtube.com/user/shinobirastafari/videos
youtube.com/channel/UC_SIIupFIAkI4CUzabxzuVQ/videos
youtube.com/channel/UCpkE4cS-D0rXmnTjCA0fCkw/featured
youtube.com/channel/UC-fcBQkifWnuvDutzeEkkAA/videos
youtube.com/user/paulvanderklay/featured
youtube.com/watch?v=yJrj7WvTt8Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/user/Kurzgesagt

youtube.com/watch?v=S4k07oeDFUg

youtube.com/user/booksbetterthanfood

> philosophy
> the dumbest and most expensive way of transfer of meaning

That won't work.

But!

There are recordings of actual philosophers talking, and these are worthy. Here's one: youtube.com/watch?v=rVCIdQFnr4I

The School of Life

STEM and reality first. Then philosophy to deal with it. Absolutely necessary for humans. Lawrence Krauss might disagree, and as much as I love and respect the type, it's not where inquiry ends for humans.

How could STEM possibly come first when the concerns of philosophy are prior to the concerns of science and technology?

This.

Also, Spirit Science, and The School of No Big Deal:
youtube.com/watch?v=0mfLvaSWdyo

You should also watch as many TEDx talks as possible. They're basically the non-archaic equivalent to written philosophy.

School of life is possibly the worst attempt at philosophy on YouTube

Well, there's always Stefan Molyneux.

Philosophy makes interpretable and categorisable what STEM can extract.

>Gregory B. Sadler
>Rick Roderick
>Wes Cecil

N O
S T O P
I T

why listen to youtube channels when there are actual philosophy lectures in youtube?

> TEDx
This recent one is an inspiring great display of human ability to think: youtube.com/watch?v=-ugJZhL-cbc

youtube.com/user/vlogbrothers

Yes

Yes, and it can do that because it makes interpretable the base sense perceptions and everything related to existing and being conscious, which are quite prior to the scientific method.

>>Wes Cecil
not bad, but his lecturing style is too liberal stand-up comedy-tier, gets boring after a while

>le strictly demarcated academic disciplines meme

>>Wes Cecil
just listened to his Buddhism lecture, it was basically hedonist garbage "just be yourself, lol, buddhism is about not being lazy in bed". is he better when speaking about other things?

Because bite-sized, colourful videos are just as informative as well as far more interesting than listening to some old fart go on and on for an hour or more.

>bite-sized, colourful videos are just as informative
No they are not. But Academy of Ideas is the best of than “kind” of videos.

there are no Veeky Forums youtube channels. stop watching garbage and start actually reading.

>there are no Veeky Forums youtube channels
>Gregory B. Sadler

let's be honest, we are all just watching waiting for the inevitable murder rampage at this point

m.youtube.com/channel/UCDBrIy2EJ2iDiO_R8sLBU2A

Only really listened to the Kierkegaard talks, but they all atleast strived to really understand what is being conveyed.
Also of course the minotaur Gregory B. Sadler, and not a channel per se just look up Hubert Dreyfus for a nice comfy talk.

>5 views
is this unironically your channel? or is it good? from what point of view does the guy talk?

Not my channel. I'm really green when it come to philosophy, so I can't exactly say from what point of view he speaks from, I've only listened to the Works of Love by Kierkegaard talks.
So far from what I can discern it is good. He is able to pull from a slew of different philosopher's and gives a book it's due justice, and really trys to cover everything that they can. I mean Works of Love is 20 hours of discussion alone.

There are none. The highest form of philosophy if let's plays recording on a digital camcorder pointed at a PC monitor and the person is playing on an emulator.

Thanks bro. Subscribed.

the old marxist guy from the zero books podcast trying to meme is fun from time to time
youtube.com/watch?v=lVrdKeaomKg

>philosophy is a source of knowledge meme

>knowledge is well-defined meme

>solipsism spooked me

The minotaur of Milwaukee

youtube.com/channel/UCB6S7aqYqUvCJSIIZ9T837w

youtube.com/channel/UCS7aoxEiTRtuYjZQTsaAVqg
Robert Paul Wolff

I am seriously considering filling in the niche of "well-read but not academically educated" students of philosophy. School of Life is horrendous, but decent philosophy videos assume too much knowledge and use too much jargon.

I could present deeper and more complex ideas to people that come from non-philosophical backgrounds.

Anyone wanna join me in this pursuit? We could record our conversation on skype or something.

youtube.com/channel/UClt01z1wHHT7c5lKcU8pxRQ

youtube.com/channel/UC9WQRw8jgJhag-vkDNTDMRg

youtube.com/channel/UClFLXO6ecX-ucJp9gGJYiDw

youtube.com/user/shinobirastafari/videos

youtube.com/channel/UC_SIIupFIAkI4CUzabxzuVQ/videos (german)

it has already been filled

There is no discernible distinction in that channel other than the fact that he's black.

youtube.com/channel/UCpkE4cS-D0rXmnTjCA0fCkw/featured

youtube.com/channel/UC-fcBQkifWnuvDutzeEkkAA/videos

poorly attempted bait

youtube.com/user/paulvanderklay/featured

>Chin Jian Xiong, 2017: 'The more I read Dan Schneider, the more I feel as though a man who is Shakespeare, Nietzsche, Rilke, Robinson Jeffers, and Chekhov in a single entity has been walking the Earth for the last century and this one – and only a small percentage of the world has noticed. His brutal insight on the human condition is unsurpassed, but he has more poesy than the German mad philosopher, and he’s also more internally stable than him. I’ve already gone into his penetrating insights about human struggle, first world problems, existential questions of fluid identity, the vices of Malcolm X, the nature of Love, and the Masculinity embedded in war. He sees the entire world and the human condition fully.'

youtube.com/watch?v=yJrj7WvTt8Y

Is this the guy who thinks he wrote 11 of the best 15 plays in human history?

not clicking this vid but I've seen him promoting his vids on Veeky Forums I quit Veeky Forums afterwards

Care to elaborate on how you are envisioning it? I agree that there still is a niche to fill and I work as an editor. If the concept seems interesting enough I could build out a couple videos.

Not a YouTube channel, but a podcast - Philosophize this!

Of course Xiong is implying he is godlike enough in the first place to make that sweeping assumption. Talk about humble bragging.

Kek.
I've been subbed to his channel from when he first made it. Didn't know he was a Veeky Forums meme. He's a good chap.