Joyce never won a nobel

>joyce never won a nobel
>neither did nabokov
>neither did burroughs
>neither did pynchon
>neither did becket
Lol, postmodernism is getting rekt by the comittee!

Who are you quoting?

One friend of mine from the village

he's a retard, break up with him

>joyce
>postmodernism
what

>neither did becket
user... I...

> The Nobel Prize in Literature 1969 was awarded to Samuel Beckett "for his writing, which - in new forms for the novel and drama - in the destitution of modern man acquires its elevation".

He says you are a faggot for some reason

trolled hard

> OP's probably just an idiot who didn't even bother to look up facts before posting a thinly veiled Peterson bait thread
> trololo got u good kekzies bait.jpg xD

Sure.

The nobel has an agenda

>peterson bait
Shut up leftie

>joyce
>postmodernism
The absolute state of this board.

>the village
You're talking about the Edmondson Village neighborhood of Baltimore, right? Kinda rough

>joyce
>post-modernist

your bait is not subtle enough

No dude, my village!

everyone thinks they're the smartest here cuz they keep pointing out the joyce =/= postmodernism thing but really this is just a stupid label and just like don quixote they had qualities of the upcoming zeitgeist and therefore could be argued to be instrumental in it's development and you could make the argument that modernism never ended too.
i hate this whole "fuck postmodernism" thing. its very misguided.

This is what I had in mind when including Joyce, Becket must have slipped apologies Veeky Forums.

> tfw you try to express a sincere opinion, but your it's and its are reversed by the cybergoblins and you end up looking like a fool

Curse you cybergoblins!

i just write really fast and have no respect for grammar you tightwad turbopleb.

It's ok user, the cybergoblins get to even the best of us. Don't give into their pranks, it's what they want.

haha youre a funny.

People like to trash the Nobel Prize for not just going to the best authors but I think it's pretty clear that, generally speaking, the prize is awarded to a certain kind of author that broadly put is more of a superlative moralist than a unique stylist. If you are interested in that kind of writing, the prize actually serves as a guide to good literature in that tradition.

Slit your wrists.