What is the deepest thought that you have ever had, that you can explain in less than one Veeky Forums post?

What is the deepest thought that you have ever had, that you can explain in less than one Veeky Forums post?

I'm asking for ideas YOU have come up with yourself, not insight on other people's work.

Other urls found in this thread:

data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.XPD.PUBL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Natalism is accelerationist antinatalism.

Antinatalism is conservationist natalism.

I used to meditate a lot and I would get these visual flashes in my mind, like visions but very short, half a second of a film. The basic themes of these visions were way outside my general interests, I saw complex math and physics related symbolism.
One that really stuck in my head was this vision of walking towards a strange window, when I looked out I was looking down at a planet being terraformed by giant mechanical wheels. This led me to a theory that maybe I am actually from the future, and on a spaceship, living in this virtual world of the past while waiting for a new planet to be ready for colonization. It probably sounds dumb, but it has just kind of stuck in my head you know.

Okay well, the other day I was thinking to myself in the shower that when we have hyper advanced AI, things like sexbots could become real. So I thought about writing a story about how robotic women would render real women obsolete, and the whole moral to my story would basically be a “fuck you” to women everywhere for never giving me a chance. I’m really, really hoping they become a real thing though.

Sure. It’s been hopeless for a long time, from the very beginning. You will never represent, user, a young girl’s erotic dream. You have to resign yourself to the inevitable; such things are not for you. It’s already too late, in any case. The sexual failure you’ve known since your adolescence, user, the frustration that has followed you since the age of thirteen, will leave their indelible mark. Even supposing that you might have women in the future - which in all frankness I doubt - this will not be enough; nothing will ever be enough. You will always be an orphan to those adolescent loves you never knew. In you the wound is already deep; it will get deeper and deeper. An atrocious, unremitting bitterness will end up gripping your heart. For you there will be neither redemption nor deliverance. That’s how it is.

The fine turning argument proves that god is basically an asshole with a twisted sense of humor

quit stealing my work

My masters thesis contains some good thougts on Luhmanns system theory

Yeah I know sexbots are probably unrealistic at this stage in humanity, literally just the other day in computer class we were talking about how IBM is focusing on developing advanced artificial intelligence for things such as medicine and surgery. All I could think of is why the fuck are they wasting their time trying to do stupid shit like that when we already have surgeons that do that stuff right now. With sexbots we could do anything and beyond.

nuhhh uhhhhh. There's a good chance I might become a professor eventually and I'm in a field with a large number of women. Do you realize how many female grad students fantasize about their PhD advisor?

All my ideas are synthesized from other ideas

One time my doors of perception were cleansed and everything appeared as it is, infinite.

If there was no healthcare provided by the state, then I would have that money left to me from the taxes. Same with other services. It's not that without the state's intervention I wouldn't be able to afford it, I wouldn't have to pay it in as tax money and I could use it to have private health care and other insurances that I deem necessary.
The state apparatus we have is a leftover of the communist dictatorship.

What if you develop a rare condition or you end up needing a serious operation that will be above your purchasing power (more than you saved up for private health services) what then?

All philosophy is merely the justification of views you already had.

Nihilism.
And that I can't be something more than a man, forever stuck in this limited body.

Truly depressing.

Why couldn't I save up that much?
I just push all the cash I would have put into the state healthcare into the private one, that's ought to be enough.

The only reason healthcare, education, and housing are rising in price (by a FUCKING LOT) while everything else is becoming more affordable is that they are the things govt. has been subsidizing.

religion/spirituality is to the behavior and modality of qualia as science is to the behaviour and modality of physical matter and energy. The first is inherently subjective and cannot easily be translated between people, hence the diverse range of spiritual paradigms. The second is inherently linked to visual and sensory phenomena that are stable between observers.

The vast majority of people live within one of these two modes of existence, and there's a barrier of understanding between the two b/c they take different a priori assumptions. That's why a religious person explaining themselves rationally sounds absurd to the materialist just as the materialist sounds absurd to the religious.

Proving god's existence is impossible materially because it is not a material concept, just as proving specific material phenomena is impossible in spiritual terms because they are not spiritual.

You can no more explain god in terms of material logic than you can use scripture to build a rocket.

contd.

That being said, both are equally valid ways of relating to the human experience. I personally don't think you can be truly human until you've seen the world from both perspectives and at least tried to integrate them into something continuous.

This is a bit strange but when I was little I had a habit (like many children do) of repeatedly asking my parents "why" for no real reason, just to see how far I could go.
When I was in elementary, around 6/7 or so, I was swinging on the swings we had on the playground and thinking about it, though, and I was thinking about, if you started with any statement someone gave you, and kept going "why?" after everything they said, if you were speaking with someone who was omniscient (like G-d), or I guess a person who just knew a lot, then in a certain number of steps you will eventually come to the origin of the universe as the final answer in every single statement thread.
Then I started thinking about "why-loops", where people would just use circular logic to answer questions and you would be stuck in that circle forever (I married him. Why? Well he liked me. Why? I liked him. Why? He liked me. Why? I liked him., and so on)
And also I was thinking about normal "why-walls" with people, when you would finally get to a question where they would just give up or not know the answer, and how many steps away is the statement they gave up on from the end, etc.
This definitely isn't the deepest thought I've had but it's one of the earliest, I guess.

The internet will take out the weaker genetic line of humans (soys and tumblr feminists)

But user, that isn't true.

The Jews are so smart because they are a product of natural selection. After millennia of pogrom and persecution only the craftiest survived. And now the average Jewish IQ is 115 because all the stupid ones were killed in the gauntlet of history.

We actually have buttons just to fuck everyone’s shit up and end the entire planet yet we give the power to push these buttons to the most eccentric of people. Everyday we sit at the edge of chaos

evolutionary challenges are extremely different today though. There's a reason the Shakers don't exist anymore, and it's the same reason materialists won't exist much further into the 3rd millennium.

At the end of the day luck is way more important than anyone wants to admit.

Everyday I see people who put two or three times the effort not just for work but for living in general but they will never get my lifestyle simply because they were unlucky in their early live and didn't had half the oportunities I had, meanwhile I also see stupid people who was born into money and have will never have to work a single day of their lives and unless I win the lotto I will never have their lifestyle.

Swallowing the luck pill is hard but truthful.

That's why I play 10 luck in Fallout New Vegas

Dogs are human souls trapped in purgatory.

Dogs are fucking retards and cats are way more like people. Dogs are codependent people trapped in purgatory maybe.

dogs are masculinity, cats are femininity. Both are useful to have around, but I really just want to find a girl I can love like I love my cat, that is unconditionally and with the knowledge that I must always care for and protect her.

every fallout game past 2 is trash
every persona game past innocent sin is also trash

That's fucking gay dude. Dogs are like the annoying girlfriend who texts you fucking constantly. Where are you? I love you? Random emojis! hey

The only felines that resemble humans are lions because they live in packs.

There's no such thing as an independent person. We're a social species.

>Dogs are like the annoying girlfriend who texts you fucking constantly. Where are you? I love you? Random emojis! hey
cute

New Vegas is good
> can’t play old fallouts because it’s so slow

>want to find a girl I can love like I love my cat
>unconditionally
>I must always care for and protect her

don't forget trying to feed her while she walks around your legs trying to trip you over
or cleaning up her poop from the litter box
or knowing that she will scratch the shit outta your tv if you play a vidja game because she wants to catch the moving characters

Cats say whats up on their own terms. Dogs are defined by their relationship and derive all of their self worth from it. Cats go outside and do cat shit for hours a day.

hey guys watch this

PLLLLBTHLBTBTBTBTLTHTHTHTHTHTHTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPLPLPLPLPLPLPPLPLPLPLPLPLPLPLPPLPLPLPLPLTHTHTHTBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

how is it gay? It's quite the opposite actually. Dogs are friends, they're annoying little brothers. Cats are love (platonic of course, inb4 muh beastiality lol) . They are coy and don't expect to provide. They are also extremely fickle just like women are.

You clearly haven't dated much.

I mean you're not wrong

I'm trying to express an ideal. Obviously it won't really work like this in modern society, but I can still dream

Believe me, a LOT of women are codependent as fuck. Go to the gym, get through school, increase your social value and you will see.

kek

Everything is apart of the same singular thing without separation.

There is no such thing as absolute nothing

That when people say that new ideas "need some time for everyone to get used to" (like same-sex marriage being legal) really just means that you need about 1-3 generations (1-3 depending on how progressive the new idea is) of people to die off for it to be accepted. The implication being that people don't really change as "people need time to get used to it" seems to suggest, rather you just need better education for the young generations and need the older generations to fucking die. Pretty cynical but I stand by it.

>Why? Well he liked me. Why? I liked him. Why? He liked me. Why? I liked him., and so on

>Love is an intrinsic value

Not bad for a 7 year old senpai

I am not smart but sometimes i am more clever than a fox

I disagree, in that dogs exhibit quality human virtues — such as loyalty, cooperation, courage — and were instrumental for early human development. Unconditional love, regarded as one of the high watermarks of humanity, is to be found more in dogs than cats. Concerning faculties, I would place radical love as equal only to reason.

Hell, even Socrates made an argument that dogs were natural philosophers, however silly it was. Cats seem to be more like 'outrageous fortune'.

Time is everything.

Measured codependence is a virtue for the strong; unbridled cynicism is a virtue for the young.

Fallout 1 & 2 are fucking overrated trash. Shittiest gameplay and interface.

I'm an only child and an american. Individualism is above all else for me.

Not gonna lie, former Trump voter here. This is fucking hilarious watching Trump crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy get the nuclear codes.

>Individualism is above all else for me.
>Having an illusion as your most valuable virtue

You can never not be selfish-even when you're altruistic you're satisfying a wish of yourself to help another people
And that's really comforting..

>Time is everything.
Absolute brainlet thought. Our understanding of time is tied to the self and the self is an illusion. Matter experiences being in an infinitely small amount of time.

It's ok to be wrong sometimes

Read the Book of Job.

The human history is written in such a dichotomy as a struggle between our idolization of humanist values and our natural self.

Lol, can't tell if bait or sincere

I dunno, gas is pretty expensive

true knowledge comes from ascetisism

true self comes from autism

this

I'm fine with this

>being a pussy
>validation seeking

not him, but there was a thread a few days ago...

This sounds like a cop out to me. Just because qualia are (hypothetically) forever uncharted doesnt mean they can only be ordered and given meaning by proprietary structures, dictated by personal nuance, a la religion.

This ignoring the logical outrage that religious people have equally valid gods despite theistic gods being mutually exclusive.

>being this defensive when someone questions your nonsense
jej

Dogs are for the emotionally feeble.

My deepest thought was my penis in your moms vagina, lel

I'm not the dog guy I just mocked your false sense of individualism.

That is why no one will remember your name.

my name is just a sequence of vibrations randomly assigned to me at birth. I am not attached to it.

Giving up is easy.

What am I giving up?

Your life.

But it's not mine. There is no "mine"

>cucks on Veeky Forums never don't know where is this from

honestly just get off drugs. i can tell you were on them because you sound very much like the druggies i've had to speqk with. I'll be talking with someone and they'll interrupt and tell me about their coked out "theories" and ""experiences"". They always seem so proud of having taken some shit and then stared at their couch cushion for an hour "seeing" things. I don't know what they're so impressed about, it's always "bro the fractals.. the lines ... like rivers, you know, i felt like i saw the answer to all math..." But that can't really articulate what the fuck they even mean

>all "drugs" are the same

>Cats say whats up on their own terms. Dogs are defined by their relationship and derive all of their self worth from it.
Exactly, human beings are like the latter. A human can't survive solitarily like a cat, we're a group animal.

Talking in quotes on Veeky Forums and seeing if you can get away from it is a fun game, because only a few of us read books.

checked, though can't tell if it's a pithy bit of wisdom or profound-seeming nonsense.

hola reddit

probably because you'd need 60$mil +1mil/yr to keep an mri running to diagnose you with anything like that, and after that you're looking at a small bump of a couple mil for a few weeks hospital + recovery.

Not that I doubt your ability to save, it's just if you had the money to do this from back taxes, you would have enough money to do it from pro-tax capital.

*post-tax
not pro-tax

Community is a spark of divinity. It is from divinity's fire and creates a divine fire.

Healthcare benefits massively from economy of scale

The NHS is able to provide universal healthcare for everyne in the UK for significantly less (in both per capita terms and as a percentage of GDP) than the US Federal Government alone spends on medicare & covering prisoners', veterans' and natives' healthcare.

Regardless of arguments about the quality of the NHS (though you can get private healthcare in the UK far cheaper than in the US), the UK government certainly gets a far better deal for its spending and the UK population get a far better deal for their taxes.

data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.XPD.PUBL

I didn't say I'd pay for a personal hospital. I wouldn't be the only person paying for it.

The first part happens to me when I try meditation/astral projection, I always thought it was like a flash of a dream but I'm awake.

i'm blue

Every few weeks I come to the realization that humans are fundamentally pitiable creatures. The ones who are good and polite and generous have, behind the facade, the same fears and disappointments as anyone else. The angry, mean, and hateful people have, behind the facade, the same vulnerabilities and disappointments too.

I sympathize with most people because we're all just trying to make sense of the void that surrounds us, and to live in a way that things follow a predictable order with relative safety and comfort.

Behind all of society's scenery, there is the void which we all secretly know is looming on the horizon. And we all work together to keep nihilism at bay.

where is it from?

A righteous man never suffers.

These themes are all apparent if you read The Bible. What you call "the void" is the overwhelming, immeasurable force of change that we are born from and die from. That force being God.