No wonder he was such a morbid cunt looool

no wonder he was such a morbid cunt looool

Why are intellectuals always so ugly, bro?

"Sartre's First Try'
Sartre's name, I understand, is associated with a fashionable brand of cafe philosophy and since for every so-called "existentialist" one finds quite a few "suctorialists" (if I may coin a polite term), this made-in- England translation of Sartre's first novel, "La Nausée" (published in Paris in 1938) should enjoy some success.

Whether, from the viewpoint of literature, "La Nausée" was worth translating at all is another question. It belongs to that tense-looking but really very loose type or writing, which has been popularized by many second-raters-Barbusse, Céline and so forth. Somewhere behind looms Dostoevsky at his worst, and still farther back there is old Eugene Sue, to whom the melodramatic Russian owed so much. The book is supposed to be the diary ("Saturday morning," "11.00 P.M." -that sort of dismal thing) of a certain Roquentin, who, after some quite implausible travels, has settled in a town in Normandy to conclude a piece of historical research.

Roquentin shuttles between cafe and public library, runs into a voluble homosexual, meditates, writes his diary and finally has a long and tedious talk with his former wife, who is now kept by a sun-tanned cosmopolitan. Great importance is attached to an American song on the cafe phonograph: "Some of these days you'll miss me, honey." Roquentin would like to be as crisply alive as this song, which "saved the Jew [who wrote it] and the Negress [who sang it]" from being "drowned in existence."

In an equivocal flash of clairvoyance (p. 235) he visualizes the composer as a clean-shaven Brooklynite with "coal-black eyebrows" and "ringed fingers," writing down the tune on the twenty-first floor of a skyscraper. The heat is terrific. Presently, however, Tom (probably a friend) will come in with his hipflask (local color) and they will take swigs of liquor ("brimming glasses of whisky" in Mr. Alexander's lush version). I have taken the trouble to ascertain that in reality the song is a Sophi Tucker one written by the Canadian Shelton Brooks.

The crux of the whole book seems to be the illumination that comes to Roquentin when he discovers that his "nausea" is the result of the pressure of an absurd and amorphous but very tangible world. Unfortunately for the novel, all this remains on a purely mental level, and the discovery might have been of some other nature, say solipsistic, without in the least affecting the rest of the book. When an author inflicts his idle and arbitrary philosophic fancy on a helpless person whom he has invented for that purpose, a lot of talent is needed to have the trick work. One has no special quarrel with Roquentin when he decides that the world exists. But the task to make the world exist as a work of art was beyond Sartre's powers.

French manlet fag btfo by chad Nabokov

lmao never knew this

this changes everything

Short men are not real men.
Small dick men are not real men.
Ugly men are not real men.
Bald men are not real men.
Excessively skinny and/or fat men are not real men.

you're mom gay

Why the fuck would anyone read manlet author?

Because he found out the perfect formula for getting pseudette poon

this is already idiocracy
where we only put the gorgeous and the big titted women on a pedestal while an author being short means his writing is bad
our species is already doomed

a pair of huge tits is worth more than his oeuvre mon cherie

lol get rekt manlet

>5 feet tall
THIS CAN'T BE REAL

>where we only put the gorgeous and the big titted women on a pedestal
nothing wrong with that
>while an author being short means his writing is bad
it's true. short men are sub-human. why actively consume their work? it will only encourage them.

How the FUCK is a "grown ass" man 5 feet tall? I don't understand. Did he have midget disease or something?

Men under 6 feet in general confuse the hell out of me.

>he thinks aesthetics doesn't matter
You're in denial, user. Everyone judges others based on their appearance.
I bet you don't even like fascism.

You niggers need historical context. 5'6 was average in France at his time. 5 foot would be the equivalent of being 5'5 today which isn't ridiculous.

>mfw I found out Dostoesky was only 5'6"

Goodbye old friend

Nabokov truly was a Chad. He has countless extramarital affairs and still managed to keep Vera chained to him. It's probably the reason all his books are dedicated to her -- to make up for his infidelity.

>which isn't ridiculous.

>5 foot would be the equivalent of being 5'5 today which isn't ridiculous.

Found the literal dwarf

>5'6 was average in France at his time.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA the ABSOLUTE STATE OF FRANCEKEKS
>5'5 today which isn't ridiculous.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOUR KIDDING PLEASE TELL ME YOUR JOKING

Meanwhile, Sartre had a relationship with Simone de Beauvoir, an old barren hag who nonetheless had countless of other "lovers" besides Sartre.

>5'5 today which isn't ridiculous.
Are you fucking joking? That's legally dwarf size. There are 10 years bigger than that.

Still I must concede that Goblin has tasted the poon, while I wallow in post-ejaculation shame.

>an old barren hag who nonetheless had countless of other lovers beside Sartre.
ftfy

>5 foot would be the equivalent of being 5'5 today which isn't ridiculous.
imagine believing this

When will manlets learn?

>foot would be the equivalent of being 5'5 today which isn't ridiculous.
found the manlet
fucking kys worthless waste of space

>it will only encourage them.
but they will never learn anyway

Nigger are you insane, Sartre drowned in pussy. A few years ago Simone's diaries were published, there's countless instances of her getting jealous of his affairs, trying to come up with some affair of her own to make her jealous and him simply not giving a fuck (to her, while giving countless fucks to students, ambassador 's wives, artists and so on)

Oh please, if your lit professor was 5'5 you might refer to him as the "short guy" but it wouldn't be on the same level as "dwarf" or "deformed".

I am 5'9 myself, statistically average but below average among the younger generations.

Lol I was 6'0 as a 14 year old and now I'm 6'5. Fucking manlets.

>Oh please, if your lit professor was 5'5 you might refer to him as the "short guy" but it wouldn't be on the same level as "dwarf" or "deformed".
Hell yeah I would. I have zero respect for manlets whatsoever. Fuck some dwarf trying to teach me. I could fucking dropkick him into next week.

>I am 5'9 myself, statistically average
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>below average among the younger generations.
more like midget level. The average millenial male is like 6'0 now. With the newest generation it's creeping up past 6'2.

tfw found out that chesterton was 6'2"

elite post user but Veeky Forums is too dumb for this world

lol I was 6'0" at 14 and now I
m 6'2". feels bad

>if your lit professor was 5'5 you might refer to him as the "short guy"
You're right, because he doesn't deserved to be mentioned as anything else. He may be a "professor", but he's still a short fuck.

Just like a paki may become fucking ceo of some shit, but he's still a paki. nothing more.

>Gen Z will be literal ubermensch

Idk how to feel

>5'6 was average in France at his time. 5 foot would be the equivalent of being 5'5 today which isn't ridiculous.
5'10" is the average in western countries, so it would be the equivalent of being 5'4" which is short

I was fucking 5'10 when I started puberty, made it to 6'3 by 18. I'm even taller than my dad who was a giant for his era.

>all these lanklets
5'11 master race here

You think that's bad, wait until the rich get designer babies. That will be the full-on.

My advice: if you're 6'0+ you're fine. 5'9+ on very thin ice. Anything below that you might as well kill yourself. You are quite literally sub-human and NOBODY will ever take you seriously. You could probably get put in the hospital by some dumbass hood 4th grader or some shit if they really wanted to. That's fucking embarrassing. That's not a man right there.

Hell I'm fucking 6'1 and even I'm worried about that shit. That's why I bulk up.

>You think that's bad, wait until the rich get designer babies
Yeah i can't wait
>seeing rich Pajeets with white 6'2 kids

The future is going to be strange

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAAHHHHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

Simone de Beauvoir unironically groomed little girls to be deflowered by Sartre. Sordid stuff. Don't know why it isn't talked more often,

>5'11 master race here
You know the meme with that fucking midget jew faggot talking about walking bob dylan up on stage?

that's you in 50 years.

>shorter than 6'3"
>giant for his era

In what South East Asian country?

Sex abuse doesn't count when Jews and Leftists do it

>In what South East Asian country?
impoverished small town oklahoma in the 60s

Im the same height and I feel ya. Were rapidly approaching king of the manlets size

They also both signed a letter to abrogate age of consent-laws in France. Nasty stuff. Foucault signed it too, but everybody knew that he was a dirty pedo.

>lanklet rambles incoherently
get some oxygen to that brain m8

>Im the same height and I feel ya. Were rapidly approaching king of the manlets size
it's a disgrace really. fuck this gay earth.
it could be worse though. i know this guy, he's 23. the dude's fucking 5'7 and balding. i used to fuck with him back in high school every day. made him piss his pants in the hallway once. he's pathetic really. i think he still lives with his parents. didn't even go to college.

no wonder he was a drug addict

God thats hot

t. brainlets who have never read de Beauvoir

She did that as a way of empowering those girls by making them own their sexuality since an early age.

holy fuck lmao how did he even live with himself???

the fucking state of French philosophers

>. i think he still lives with his parents. didn't even go to college.
s-so what

Damn, I'm sorry. Really makes me feel I need to rethink my politics

That's fucking pathetic.

I mean I kind of get it if you're short, you're life is over. Nobody will miss a manlet.

If you're tall though, no fucking excuse.

Doing one is bad, doing both is desperate

how old were they exactly?

If you're 23 year old manlet and haven't at least found a way to trick women into sleeping with you then you should have killed yourself for your own sake

Age is a social construct. What even is time

Don't beat yourself up man

Rendundant, user. All you had to say was:
>If you're 23 year old manlet
That's justification enough.

The virgin thing is implied anyway.

I fucking hate feminism
And I don't mean that in a "le sjw" way I mean the foundation of it is a break from conventional morality, as if that were an abritrary perenniality, or based soley on religion, as if human conception of religion isn't exactly that, human. No thought to it just break-tear-deconstruct, I hate it and I hate how its sold as empowering or positive when it is NEGATIVE it is all about the wanton discarding of binary or their reversal, never a measured transvaluation- as if these people were capable of that in the first place

French philosophers are a bunch of pseuds who took other philosophers' ideas and made them fashionable while taking everything of truly insight away from them. They aren't complete garbage and did some good and even necessary work, but most of their original ideas are pretty retarded.

Fuck you faggot. I'm the most manly out of everyone here. I voted for Trump, I got an 8 inch dick, I've fucked over 8 women, I have a full hairline, solid jaw, good build, symmetrical face, decent beard growth, straight white teeth, am over 6 foot tall. And a solid ass fucking streetwear collection. Oh yeah and I'm smart AND sociable as fuck. My dad's getting me a job at his venture capital firm when I graduate. Beat that, pussy. I'm a real man. You're nothing compared to me.

i could take ur girl m9

I'm not stupid enough to fall for the "girl" meme. I pump and dump.

I honestly cant think of many people from my suburb that actually live on their own and successful. My state is fucking expensive tho so that probably part to do with it

Why is Veeky Forums such a shithole nowadays?
>inb4 it's always been a shithole

This is worse

Same everyone on the internet makes fun of me but I live in SanFran I can't afford living on my own as a wageslave everyone here has tech skills and they barely make it aaaaah

fuck off triggered soy manlet cuck

Get the fuck out of SanFran

1.)/pol/ election migration
2.) Peterson introducing reading and thinking to those people
3.) /fitlit/ self improvement meme on both /pol/ Veeky Forums, you can immediately identify these people by their juvenile misuse of Will to Power and blind meme Stoicism

>SanFran
jesus christ
it's like you're asking to be "refugeed". fucking sanctuaries cities.
crawling with disgusting post-modern liberal filth.

y-yeah well I know a lot about autodidact Phenomenology so who's the real loser now huh?

You aren't taking the context into acount. What Sartre and de Beauvoir did was very subversive for the time.

kys manlet
you're worthless

t. Consumes soy derived nutrients regularly

if by subversive you mean retarded and unethical

>I bet you don't even like fascism.
i dont think you know what fascism is
you do the same shit as liberals only you hate niggers and kikes
but that doesnt make you a fascist only a liberal who hates niggers and kikes
even the most loud mouthed poltard does exactly the same things as a libcuck

>want to hang myself
>can't reach the noose
damn

>learning phenomenology
>wanting to become even MORE immanently aware of your own pathetic existence

Dude you need an intervention

Yeah no fuck you

I actually just wanted an excuse to post that pic, so i had to tat least mention fascism.

Government should subsidize manlet extermination

We don't give a shit because we aren't prude Americans crying MUH CHILDREN at every turn.

yeah shes really pretty huh

I'm almost assured this poster is below 6 foot tall

If they just thought kids early on how worthless their life would be the problem would take care of itself

for the sole reason of compensation

Are you an american by any chance?

Lmao way to prove the point actual brainlet

>our children are getting raped but at least we're not well adjusted Americans

Europoor logic